Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1590 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Clones..

Cloning is proving to be very interesting...and perplexing. I am finding that where you take the clone from has a lot to do with rooting rate. The clones that are taken from "topping" take much longer to root!
    The "twig" cuttings, IE: the sturdier stems from further down the plant rooted MUCH faster. I had visible roots in two days with those on a couple while two of the "topping" cuttings STILL have no roots after being cut on 11/26.
    They look "perky", just no roots yet. Of the 4 "Tops" I took, two have roots.
    I use rooting hormone powder, cut at a 45 degree angle and split the stems two way's to encourage growth with good results. I have them in a dome with a couple sheets of paper over them so they don't get hit with direct 20K of Lumen. Only have had one "failure" out of about 20 cuttings, but some just take awhile for some reason.
    Still learning, still having fun with it. 1st buds are curing in jar's now, gotta keep my hands off for another week though...:smokin:
    Thoughts?
    OMB Reviewed by OMB on . Clones.. Cloning is proving to be very interesting...and perplexing. I am finding that where you take the clone from has a lot to do with rooting rate. The clones that are taken from "topping" take much longer to root! The "twig" cuttings, IE: the sturdier stems from further down the plant rooted MUCH faster. I had visible roots in two days with those on a couple while two of the "topping" cuttings STILL have no roots after being cut on 11/26. They look "perky", just no roots yet. Of the 4 "Tops" I Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Clones..

Sure, a thought leaps to mind.
    That,"gotta keep my hands off them" comment made me smile.

Been there tried that.
    Decided to quit fighting my very human nature and settin' myself up for guilt trips.

Now I always stuff at least two jars.
    The big jar remains untouched now, while I pilfer from the small one.

Your will power may vary.
    But, I'm just a sparsely haired monkey, so I have to compensate.

Aloha,

Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Clones..

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    Sure, a thought leaps to mind.
    That,"gotta keep my hands off them" comment made me smile.

Been there tried that.
    Decided to quit fighting my very human nature and settin' myself up for guilt trips.

Now I always stuff at least two jars.
    The big jar remains untouched now, while I pilfer from the small one.

Your will power may vary.
    But, I'm just a sparsely haired monkey, so I have to compensate.

Aloha,

Weeze
    Hahahaha....Guilty! I was into it last night. :stoned:

Clones..

Just to see how "sturdy" and resilient those "twigs" were so I pulled a cutting from the trash an hour after I tossed it to try and save. I put it in a cutdown cup with 2 inches of happy frog after splitting the stem in a + pattern, a little rooting hormone and just left it in the shade of the mama plant.
    1 week until visible root's, no dome just misting 2x's a day.

I have now taken one "top" and another "twig" and just dropped them in a cup of water without a dome to see if they make it like that. The only "help" they have gotten is 1 drop of Grow Big and misting....we shall see.

Fun with Cutting's, I will see how it goes. Gotta have something to do while waiting for the Girl's to finish. :stoned:

Clones..

Was told long ago(college prof - before my education started here), that the cutting, rooting phenomenon may have started long ago as plants tried to deal with cyclic flooding and the accompanying soil run off. Claimed best example was the nightshades developing along the early Mediterranean, and the result was geo & photo troprisum.

Clones..

Had to prune Mama plant down...her day's are numbered now, she is going to flower next round. :smokin: Crying shame about wasting all those nice cuttings, but I don't need/can't have that many.

couple pics, she was a bush!

Attachment 297581Attachment 297582Attachment 297583Attachment 297584