Hey ladies and gentleman, this is a grow log for my first ever grow. Prior to starting, I read these forums for months and also read through a very comprehensive book that I bought before purchasing anything so I felt relatively aware of the challenges that I would be facing and the patience required. At this point, I am only in the beginning stages of my first grow and am already salivating at the potential outcome. This grow, and all my future grows, will be for personal use and the satisfaction of nursing a hobby and passion that I've had for a decade.

I am very hands-on and have a hard time not loving my girls to death. Only days after they sprouted from the Rapid Rooter tabs I had germinated them in, I used too strong a nutrient mix of Root Excelurator and Thrive Alive, which caused yellowing of their tiny leaves. I feel that they have recovered well, however one plant is clearly bigger and healthier than the rest. This strain is THC Bomb.

I will be sure to post larger/higher quality pics soon. This is an introduction. Please feel free to ask questions or give me any comments or advice. This is my first grow, I am very eager to learn and share what I have learned.

Attachment 296540

This is my cabinet when I purchased it from my a friend that is a carpenter. He had it set up and previously used it with an oven hood with attached fan and light fixtures. However there was no exhaust for the fan so it just stirred the air. There was actually no external ventilation at all, just internal fans to stir the stale air. CFL fixtures were attached to both sides up top and in the lower compartment, which is intended as a seedling/cloning area. There was also a T5 fixture attached to the rear wall.

Attachment 296539

This is my cabinet currently. I washed it then lined it with Panda reflective. I removed the hood. I added a T5HO in the lower compartment. There are currently no CFLs in the highest and lowest fixtures because there is no need yet. There are 6400K CFL's in the fixtures closest to the plants. If I'm lucky and the plants grow tall and thick enough, I will put all 2700K CFL's in the fixtures during flowering. I have a Pro Grow LED attached to 2 ratchet hangers. The LED only came with one. I didn't like how it swung freely so I bought another hanger. I have 2 120mm computer case fans fixed to the rear wall - one for exhaust, one for intake. I originally only had the exhaust fan, but temps were too high (85-90) so I added the intake. Under the intake is an ugly HEPA filter that I had planned as a passive intake. I need to find a thin HEPA filter to put over my intake fan.

Attachment 296536

This is where the next batch of seeds will grow or my clones will hopefully grow. I have not decided, as I have several varieties of seeds that my wife bought me for my birthday because she's amazing.

Attachment 296538

These are the 2 larger plants.

Attachment 296537

These are the 2 smaller plants. I was concerned that I was seeing powdery mildew, so I foliar fed with a milk/water mix. Sprayed 2 days ago, results pending.

**Today I looked at the bottoms of the pots and saw roots tips. I went to my local hydro store and purchased some soil and transplanted the 3 healthiest and largest of the 4. It was sad to get rid of my tiny friend, I always "root" for the little guy (or girl), but there was really not room for 4 larger pots, which I had not expected. I will be sure to take pics tomorrow to show the update. I will also update with my nutrients and soil info.**

Attachment 296544

Very tough guard dog here! He works for food.

Like I said above, please ask questions and feel free to comment or give me some advice!
d00g Reviewed by d00g on . First Grow - Pro Grow LED Cabinet Grow Hey ladies and gentleman, this is a grow log for my first ever grow. Prior to starting, I read these forums for months and also read through a very comprehensive book that I bought before purchasing anything so I felt relatively aware of the challenges that I would be facing and the patience required. At this point, I am only in the beginning stages of my first grow and am already salivating at the potential outcome. This grow, and all my future grows, will be for personal use and the Rating: 5