Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1601 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

First Grow - Pro Grow LED Cabinet Grow

Wow! Seeds for your birthday! I say give her a big kiss from me too, & I'm not even gay! LOL! Enjoy friend, & happy belated birthday! (Guess it will feel like your birthady every time you look at the plants from those seeds!)

Thanks for the kind words, ladies

GrowB - yea, my wifey is the best. However, I wish she'd be remotely interested in my grow right now, especially since I've told her I'm going to repeat it for the next 50+ years haha. Whenever we have nothing to do I try to get her to stick her nose in the plants and smell to see if the aroma gets her interested but...NO DICE! Oh well, they'll always be my "girls on the side" haha.

Catbuds - I have actually mentioned to my wife that there is a female member on the forums that is very enthusiastic and helpful in regards to growing (I will have to let her know that there are now 2 since GrowBitch has joined us). She is now very excited that there is a "bank" of Christmas and birthday gifts that she can use FOREVER when she doesn't have any ideas for gifts for me, and that works fine for both of us.

Couple things I've noticed overnight:
    Well, I called out sick to work because I was too excited about the training I did with the ladies yesterday and I couldn't wait to see how they'd react today. I have plenty of sick days and it's holiday season, I don't feel bad about it. My lights turned on about 25 minutes ago, so I decided to go check them out.
    - Almost all of the branches (including main stem) that I had bent/lightly bruised, are now again upwards-facing towards the "sun". It makes me feel like I should have been a little less-gentle, and bent them a bit more.
    - While the tops are growing upwards again, I can also see how the branches have been trained to begin growing in a more outwards direction. This is really going to help me out because of my height limitations. Next grow, I am going to top the ladies while they're still young. Everything I've read and watched said it's ok to do after the 3rd nodes develop. I will remember this during the next grow.
    - Today only, I have noticed a slightly different smell when I stick my face in my plants and when I just pruned (I always smell the exposed oils at the base of my cutoffs). The smell is still delicious, just a slightly different one than I even noticed yesterday. Do your plants slightly change aromas during the grow cycle?

Here is a pic with what they look like today as compared to last night when I first tied them down, for the sake of the log. I didn't realize I had the exposure settings on my camera phone turned down last night when I took that dark pic.

Attachment 297099

3.   Advertisements

Well there's about 6 inches of snow on the ground already and it's supposed to snow for another 20 or so hours. So, I just filled a 20-gallon container that I have with snow. When it melts, I will continue to fill it with some 5-gallon buckets so I have snowmelt water to last me a few weeks!

I have been training my ladies and checking on the work everyday. It is important for me that they not grow too tall, and it seems to be working so far. I have also been reading about good-sized P injections during bloom. I ventured out through the storm to the hydro store and picked up a 0-18-16. I also got a 0-50-30 to give in 2-3 weeks, and was given a free sample of FoxFarm's ChaChing to finish them off with in 4-5 weeks. My buds should be fat and dripping by then!

Here are some GLAMOR pics where you can see bends from my training, what looks to me to be some trichome shining on leaves (at least when I blow the pic up on my phone I can easily see the white-looking spots), and my dog's favorite activity on a day where the snow piles are deeper than his body!

Attachment 297280 Attachment 297281 Attachment 297282

I'm so beat. Shopping today, always kicks my ass. I hate it, just don't understand people who love to shop. I'd rather be shot in the knee cap! Still haven't got energy back from the flu & tire so easily. So anyway, was chilled to the bone when I got home, so I curled up under a throw with a good book & fell asleep. SNOW PLOWS woke me up. Afraid to look out the door cause I hear one go by about every 15-20 min.
    -- d00g, your little guy has the right idea. That's what I do too when its cold & snowy. My little fart is a Jack Russell's tiny, smooth coated. Short & little. His first snow storm, still a puppy (7 yrs ago), he goes running down the back porch steps & sinks into 10" of snow & SCREAMED like a little girl! I guess any guy would scream like that, suddenly finding his bare packaged totally submerged in cold snow! Many yrs ago, I had a sweet little white, blue eyed chihuahua. If you let him out in the snow, he'd walk on his front leggs with his 'utensils' as far out of the snow as he could get them!
    -- I haven't heard of ChaChing, is it a new fox farms product? Big fan of fox farms. Sounds like something I need to try!
    -- Sounds like you're having fun & everything looks good! Been playing catch up with chores around here after being down with the flu, so haven't had time to figure out 'transplanting' my pics to my grow thread from photobucket, but hope hope to get to that in the not too distant future! (Its a damned pig pen here right now!)

Still love seeing a good dog!! And the girls are looking great.

Cat - Have heard a snow bank can be an interesting place. And from the reports I see, your going to get some. But hear snow is like sex, you really don't know how deep it'll get or how long it'll last

Thank you, my friends! In my short time on these forums, you have all become a lifeline and basically a second family to me. I spend a lot of time on here and really enjoy reading what everyone has to say regarding my grow and all the grow ops that are going on! Thank you again for your input, advice, and help. I will enjoy posting my info going forward!

BTW my 'guard dog' is a Chorkie - Chihuahua/Yorkie mix. He's 3 1/2 years old at the end of January and the little bastard basically runs my house. BUT he's not allowed in my grow room

Back in '77-'78 we had a hell of a blizzard. I was working grnhse/florist in Pa., & several major hwys were shut down. I had a chevy chevette that handled snow like like a little snow plow. Me & my boyfriend decided to travel a shut down hwy to see the beauty of the snow & to be alone. We parked by a big snow bank, & lets just say we must have melted the snow in a 10' radius! Yeah, you're right.... sex & snow are somewhat alike! Now I don't like either one!!!! They both hurt my bones! LOL! Sad, but true. :wtf:

Some pics of the tops of my 2 ladies.

Attachment 297326 Attachment 297327 Attachment 297328

And a pic of the main stem on one of them, which does not grow straight up due to training I have done.

Attachment 297329

coolness, which led panel are you using

I use a Pro Grow LED panel from Hydro Hut. No issues with it so far, it better last for another 5 years :smokin:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast