Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1869 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

how long till germination in jiffy pellet?

hello,

a buddy and I have spent a long time collecting materials to do this right. cleaned out my closet, lined it w/ reflective mylar bought different size pots, perlite, foxfarm soil, a flouro fixture with t3 bulbs, jiffy pellets, a hydrofarm seedling heat mat, a power strip with individual timed outlets distilled h2o and the prize possesion of our collection, a solar storm led grow light. We rigged up a pully system so we can easily adjust the light height or switch out lights as the plant grows. it's pretty awesome.

so right now I have a prefeminized autoflower northern lights seed and put it directly in a jiffy pellet sitting in a bit of water in the bottom of a tupperware. the tupperware is vented and is on the heating mat in my closet which is pretty pitch dark. we put it in there on november 30th and I have been making sure it has been wet, but not too wet. my question is should I be seeing anything sprouting at nearly 10 days? worried I did something wrong like gave it too much water or something? how long does it usually take to actually see a sprout? I did read one post on here that said 2 wks till u actually see anything.

Help..does my seed still have a chance? wishing I had x-ray vision right now :wtf:

thanks from a n00b
    cduval04 Reviewed by cduval04 on . how long till germination in jiffy pellet? hello, a buddy and I have spent a long time collecting materials to do this right. cleaned out my closet, lined it w/ reflective mylar bought different size pots, perlite, foxfarm soil, a flouro fixture with t3 bulbs, jiffy pellets, a hydrofarm seedling heat mat, a power strip with individual timed outlets distilled h2o and the prize possesion of our collection, a solar storm led grow light. :cool: We rigged up a pully system so we can easily adjust the light height or switch out lights as Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

sry they are hydrofarm pellets not jiffy...not sure if there's a difference lol such a n00b

no light? Myself, I put the tray under a light. Wet soil in the dark for a week or two may be growing some stuff that may not go well with the new seedling.

I believe they need light to, as soon as they pop their heads up. Glad you keeping them warm at least. Popping you seeds in a paper towel on top of refrigerator allows you to have x-Ray vision almost.

Yeah I did the paper towel method but after it split I waited a bit too long to transplant it and well that was the end of that seed (it was free though, found it :-) then I tried germinating some bag seeds my friend had but they were mad old he got them in Amsterdam in 2008 lolz so they didn't even split. But this one I actually paid for prefem.

Wait so light once something pokes up or before? My friend said putting the seed right in the peat pellet to germinate would work better-I see the consensus on this is very individual. But day 10 now & getting a bit nervous cuz I still don't c anything!!