Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1402 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1st TIME GROW. GREEN CRACK CFL GROW.

Shovel right on target, as usual

The more I keep searching, as well as reading other articles I keep
    Convincing my self that I'm doing something wrong my plants look
    Like there 2 to 4 weeks Into veggitation, but there almost 2months old
    I think t his is because light deficiency, haven't had the chance to get
    Mylar or any other reflective material, so I moved them from the bin I
    Had them in and into a cooler, the cooler is all white inside,which I'm
    Hoping that helps a little at least until I put up reflective material. Do
    Any of you have some input as to what I can do to improve the light

3.   Advertisements

at least put a splitter on those bulbs and you can double your light for a few dollars.

When seeds 'pop' they are little newborns and they like lots of heat and humidity just like babies for a about 1-2 weeks, Then harden em off to the regular air and temps.

Tea's are the way to go! I have always kept an aquarium but I like the idea of some goldfish in my rain barrel - hadn't thought of that! Thanks!

Indo be careful using reflective materials. Mylar is good but foil, metal and mirrored surfaces can be bad. They reflect light unevenly and can burn your plants. Mirrors actually absorb light. A flat (not glossy) white surface is probably the safest, and works well.

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    at least put a splitter on those bulbs and you can double your light for a few dollars.

When seeds 'pop' they are little newborns and they like lots of heat and humidity just like babies for a about 1-2 weeks, Then harden em off to the regular air and temps.

Tea's are the way to go! I have always kept an aquarium but I like the idea of some goldfish in my rain barrel - hadn't thought of that! Thanks!
    A splitter? I was thinking of cutting up aluminum cans and building
    temperate reflectors around the bulbs

I wouldn't have thought of that- I am sure that you need a certain amount of lumens though- and they add up as you add bulbs- but not sure how many you can get with small cfls - Home Depot sells larger CFL's up to 150 watt that offer close to 5000 lumens ( i think - double check that number tho)

Let me know what you come up with- I made a homemade light that I am trying out - no reflector though - I was thinking a turkey pan, but it is foil….

the tea is just where people soak thier own compost in water - like a teabag in tea - and make thier own rich fertilizer. I subsitute aquarium water for tea most of the time but make tea in the spring for all the plants in the garden.
    Nettle tea is excellent for seedlings- extrememly high in nitrogen and also in a way where the roots can accept it - pick young nettles, fill about 1/4 of a 5 gallon bucket with rain water if you have it- regular water if you don't. Let it sit overnight or a few days, strain and water the seedlings with it- very very very good for them- I have never lost a seedling that I have used this on - including some really rare Ayurvedic herbs...

So with my two current cfls I had 23watt, 26watt I was right around 3500k.
    Replacing the 23watt with 65 watts(daylight 6500k) this should make the
    Girls very very happy

Attachment 297004

Indosmoke,

you shouldn't be pumping all those nutrients into your plants until they are at least 6-10 inches tall. this is why they look how they do
    little seedlings are delicate and touchy, they need to evolve and grow before you feed them

and your buckets are way too big.. your watering the dirt, not the plant

I went today to the store I bought the 65 watt cfl just to find out
    They don't carry the socket nor the fixture it would fit, they did have this huge
    Street light I'm talking about the big round onez, how the hell would I even run that
    Into my household fittings, I guess I'll just have to wait until I find the appropriate 1

dude all you need are 4-6 24w cfl's

get some Y splitters
    done end of story

a big street lamp isn't going to make a magical fat bud appear

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast