Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1574 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

How many bubble bags do I really need?

So I have a lot of good trim and tiny buds. All very frosty. I need to make into something I can smoke. I will make a little tincture but I am already familiar with that process.
    After some thought I decided I want bubble hash. I have friends that only make the butane stuff these days but that scares me. So bubble hash it is. I have youtubed the process. Shouldn't be hard. When looking online to buy bags, I saw several different options. 3 bag, 5 bag, 8 bag etc. the more bags the higher the price. They filter particles of gradually decreasing size, I get that much. How many bags do I really need? What micron sizes should I get?

Also is full melt just bubble hash?

Thanks in advance for some assistance on this matter...
    CaptainOrganicsCO Reviewed by CaptainOrganicsCO on . How many bubble bags do I really need? So I have a lot of good trim and tiny buds. All very frosty. I need to make into something I can smoke. I will make a little tincture but I am already familiar with that process. After some thought I decided I want bubble hash. I have friends that only make the butane stuff these days but that scares me. So bubble hash it is. I have youtubed the process. Shouldn't be hard. When looking online to buy bags, I saw several different options. 3 bag, 5 bag, 8 bag etc. the more bags the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOrganicsCO
    So I have a lot of good trim and tiny buds. All very frosty. I need to make into something I can smoke. I will make a little tincture but I am already familiar with that process.
    After some thought I decided I want bubble hash. I have friends that only make the butane stuff these days but that scares me. So bubble hash it is. I have youtubed the process. Shouldn't be hard. When looking online to buy bags, I saw several different options. 3 bag, 5 bag, 8 bag etc. the more bags the higher the price. They filter particles of gradually decreasing size, I get that much. How many bags do I really need? What micron sizes should I get?

Also is full melt just bubble hash?

Thanks in advance for some assistance on this matter...
    I have 5 bags, but use 4.
    And if I don't recirculate the ice water, I use 3 for small runs
    220 micron is a good size to hold the trim and just pass the goodies.
    (do not grind or chop)

Just dry well, and hard freeze.
    (I ziplock it and toss it in the freezer as it accumulates.)

On the top of the drain bucket, a 150 will catch the "grit" and pet hair.
    I usually skip the 75 micron because the 45 catches them jus' fine, and I find no difference in the quality when caught separately.
    On large runs I have a pond pump in the drain bucket and I protect it's impellers with a 20 micron.
    The 20 is slow to drain and catches very little if the buds are mature.
    When you do find some in the 20,though, it's usually full melt.

The trick with bubble is to not over work it.
    Let the cold do the work.
    Maximum yield is just over 10% anyway, because bubble knocks off only the capitate glands.
    That only half the resin.

There's another 10% flush with the leaf surface in the sessile glands.
    When the bubble run is done, toss the dross into your cauldron and boil with butter.
    Then make cookies with the butter.
    (Baking them decarbs the oil for effective ingestion. Then, they, bake you!)

Or, You could do a frozen QWETH extraction, for RSO.

Waste not, want not.
    Well, you did ask.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Thanks very informative! I just read it once and wanted to thank ya. Now ill have to read again probably three times, packed with the info I was looking for, thanks.

I guess I still have to ask what would be the advantage of an 8 bag system? Purity? More clean up afterwards lol? I don't know why I would need bubble hash in that many varying levels of potency. ( Isnt that what you get out of each bag? proggressively more Potent product with The finer mesh?) Although a friend only makes his tincture now days with bubble hash matierial. Probably the stuff from the large micron bags. Cleaner taste ( no chlorophyll). Makes good sense to me.

I just wanna buy bubble hash bags one time. I hate buying something only to realize later I should have spent more to get what I really needed. Then u gotta buy shit twice. Thanks for the help.

Bought the 5 set use three. Makes for great hash

Ty for the reply. I think I will skip the 8 bag and buy a 5 bag system.
    Gracias por la replys.