Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1387 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Autoflower 3.5 W Flower *Yellow Brown Dead leafs problem

My Auto Nothern Lights is 3.5 Weeks into flowering atm.

Did ok until now but some of my lower leafs started falling off and strong brown started to form...

Should I be worried or is this normal?

I flushed my plant around 1 week ago thats when the problem started to happen... maybe too much water? I gave her a lot to flush out the excess salt etc. Started feeding her only very mildly add more nuts maybe? PH 6.7 atm

SOIL: 100% Organic soil

Nuts: Biobizz 100 % Organic

What strain? Nothernlights Auto Flowering

How old are the plants? Almost 4 Weeks into flowering ( Total Almost 11 Weeks old)

What type of lights and how many watts? 2x 125 Large CFL lights

What is your watering frequency and source of water? Watering them according to weight of pot. Every 3-4 Days 3-4 litres.

What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70 degress and 35 rH humidity

What size pots? 15L POT (4 Gallon pot)

Attachment 296429Attachment 296430Attachment 296433Attachment 296436Attachment 296438Attachment 296439Attachment 296440
    Cyklos Reviewed by Cyklos on . Autoflower 3.5 W Flower *Yellow Brown Dead leafs problem My Auto Nothern Lights is 3.5 Weeks into flowering atm. Did ok until now but some of my lower leafs started falling off and strong brown started to form... Should I be worried or is this normal? I flushed my plant around 1 week ago thats when the problem started to happen... maybe too much water? I gave her a lot to flush out the excess salt etc. Started feeding her only very mildly add more nuts maybe? PH 6.7 atm Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I never get replies on this forum

it's the weekend.......the sun leaves are naturally going to turn light green then brown but the other leaves should stay green for awhile if you are not feeding bloom you will get nute decencies because the plants need extra cal mag. Autos are so fast that by the time you see a problem it's too late to do much about it and the moisture would be better on the dryer side.

Quote Originally Posted by lipps
    it's the weekend.......the sun leaves are naturally going to turn light green then brown but the other leaves should stay green for awhile if you are not feeding bloom you will get nute decencies because the plants need extra cal mag. Autos are so fast that by the time you see a problem it's too late to do much about it and the moisture would be better on the dryer side.
    My auto is not fast because I repoted into 4 gal pot.

She's week 11 atm and 4 weeks into flowering...
    So feed her more nuts fixes the problem?

You do know you're not supposed to repot autos right? And 3-4 litres is a lot of water man

Quote Originally Posted by iGanja
    You do know you're not supposed to repot autos right? And 3-4 litres is a lot of water man
    Hi, I was told to water 20% of the total soil container 15L: 100 x 20 is 3 liters.

I had to repot due to rootbound problem, the plant would have died.... I fixed the problem by repotting which is why im in week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cyklos
    My auto is not fast because I repoted into 4 gal pot.

She's week 11 atm and 4 weeks into flowering...
    So feed her more nuts fixes the problem?
    by fast i mean start to finish, veg. pre-flower and flower, you feed grow then change to pre then to flower then a flush do the math not much time.

With leaves that remain largely green but going yellow, then brown at the tips usually indicate over fertilizing. If you are giving fert with every watering, this needs to stop. Not only is it over-ferting, but at this point in the life cycle the plant is finishing, meaning that this is only an annual plant, lives at the most for one year, and dies naturally at the end of the cycle. Since you've been flowering for close to four weeks, it's apparent that the plant is just about done. You have good bud formation, or so it appears, which is another indication the plant is close to the end of its life cycle. Give nothing but water and if you want, you can harvest about one week or so from now, or just let the plant die naturally and harvest then. Most growers can't wait that long but it does give time for the plant to use up whatever nutrients are available and this tend to make for a better tasting product, or so some people think. About the watering, I wouldn't follow a formula like give so much water per unit of soil. Instead just water when the soil has dry out some. When you can pick up the container and it feel pretty light, then it's time to water. Drying the soil out allows oxygen to get to the root zone which promotes nute uptake. Keeping soil wet pushes air out and isn't the best thing for a grow. Also, I suspect you're using too much nutes as well, so I'd go a little easier next time and see how the grow goes. It's easier to adds nutes later than to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by polishpollack
    With leaves that remain largely green but going yellow, then brown at the tips usually indicate over fertilizing. If you are giving fert with every watering, this needs to stop. Not only is it over-ferting, but at this point in the life cycle the plant is finishing, meaning that this is only an annual plant, lives at the most for one year, and dies naturally at the end of the cycle. Since you've been flowering for close to four weeks, it's apparent that the plant is just about done. You have good bud formation, or so it appears, which is another indication the plant is close to the end of its life cycle. Give nothing but water and if you want, you can harvest about one week or so from now, or just let the plant die naturally and harvest then. Most growers can't wait that long but it does give time for the plant to use up whatever nutrients are available and this tend to make for a better tasting product, or so some people think. About the watering, I wouldn't follow a formula like give so much water per unit of soil. Instead just water when the soil has dry out some. When you can pick up the container and it feel pretty light, then it's time to water. Drying the soil out allows oxygen to get to the root zone which promotes nute uptake. Keeping soil wet pushes air out and isn't the best thing for a grow. Also, I suspect you're using too much nutes as well, so I'd go a little easier next time and see how the grow goes. It's easier to adds nutes later than to remove them.

You were totally right its because its getting close to the end... I didn't overnute though... I think I overflushed it.

I have a short update I wanted to know what you guys think?

Autoflower Northern Week 13 (start of 13) can I harvest soon???

Be aware there are 2 plants the 2nd plant is 10 weeks old. (last pics)

I uploaded pics on this link because there was not enough space for all the pics:

Share.Pho.to | Upload Multiple Photos at Once. Get Short & Clean URLs