Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1717 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Will 150w HPS outperform 372w of T5HO?

Well, I'm going to Find out! Only really applies to me and my particular grow, but a worthy effort anyway. A couple day's ago I put two under the T5's, and two under the HPS.
    I think the HPS at 150w is about 18,000 Lumen?...and the T5's are pushing 35,000 Lumen. I will throw a couple pics up when the "wakeup" tonight, should be interesting anyway.
    Predictions?
    OMB Reviewed by OMB on . Will 150w HPS outperform 372w of T5HO? Well, I'm going to Find out! Only really applies to me and my particular grow, but a worthy effort anyway. A couple day's ago I put two under the T5's, and two under the HPS. I think the HPS at 150w is about 18,000 Lumen?...and the T5's are pushing 35,000 Lumen. I will throw a couple pics up when the "wakeup" tonight, should be interesting anyway. Predictions? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Glad you are doing this!

Excited to see what happens man, I think the HPS will out perform the T5's overall...I'm also a sucker for HPS.:twocents:

It's a win/win for me either way! Hahaha....but interestingly enough, the plant closest to the T5's that is under the HPS is clearly leaning towards the T5's! Huh...I will create a little more separation and see if it continues.
    I will say my girl is getting tired of hearing about them and me fussing over them....I think she is jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by OMB
    It's a win/win for me either way! Hahaha....but interestingly enough, the plant closest to the T5's that is under the HPS is clearly leaning towards the T5's! Huh...I will create a little more separation and see if it continues.
    I will say my girl is getting tired of hearing about them and me fussing over them....I think she is jealous!
    Stoked for some pics dude.

My girl gets the same way, but I've been showing her some of the basics so I think it's making her more interested lol

Are you still planning on doing hydro at some point?

why do you over power the T5¨s watt .

if you are gona do this test why not do
    t5's 150 watt
    hps 150 watt.

i just dont get the over all pics that you are trying to get when you overpower the T5's over the hps ?

--peace--

Quote Originally Posted by jsengbusch88
    Stoked for some pics dude.

My girl gets the same way, but I've been showing her some of the basics so I think it's making her more interested lol

Are you still planning on doing hydro at some point?
    I don't know yet....I seem to be doing ok and frankly, I don't want to invest anymore into it. I would probably send myself over the edge with that! Hahaha
    My girl has a green thumb and I want her to "takeover" a couple clones as her own, we shall see. If she is involved, she will be more tolerant. :kisslove:

Quote Originally Posted by thenewgrow
    why do you over power the T5¨s watt .

if you are gona do this test why not do
    t5's 150 watt
    hps 150 watt.

i just dont get the over all pics that you are trying to get when you overpower the T5's over the hps ?

--peace--
    That's just what I have running and I'm not pulling bulbs to make it "even". I think it's more a cost thing to run as well. The T5's have more watts, but less amps.
    If it was "even" in Watt's, I'm pretty darn sure the T5's would lose.
    I'm not getting all scientific or anything, more for my amusement than anything.

the T5HO light will produce more usable light, if you use the correct lamps. 2700K for bloom, 6500K for Grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    the T5HO light will produce more usable light, if you use the correct lamps. 2700K for bloom, 6500K for Grow.
    Running 4 four foot 2700's and 2 6500's in the 6 bulb fixture. 2 two foot 6500's on the side light. I wanted 2700's for the sides but the grow shop I went to only had 6500's in two foot. Hmmmm.....should I run all 6 of the 4 foot fixture at 2700? I have the bulbs.

OMB, I'm planning on running 6500k in my T5 system untill a little past half way in budding before I switch out to 2700k, only to reduce stretch to keep mine small. But... I am underlighting with reveal cfl's 1200 lumens ea, 2500k. I don't mind stretch in the lower branches/buds, actually want it to bring them up & out to receive both lights. This will be especially beneficial to me, because I hand pollinate the lowest 2-3 buds on my girls, & I want the plumpest, healthiest seeds possible.
    -- Many growers are using MH or 6500k T5's through budding to keep buds tight & compact. It's kind of a new trend, & makes perfect sence to me. But I am switching out to warm lights toward the end for trichrome production & ripening. Another thing about the CFL's. Did a little research & found them to put out more uv than any other fluorescent. BIG aid in budding & ripening! & get this.... been reading a lot of research reports from big universities, & it would appear that for tiny grow areas, the set up I've got going will be more productive than the lower watt HID's I'd have to use in such a confined space as mine. So I'm pretty happy with what I have for now
    -- So there's a bit of debate going on about cool vrs warm lights in budding. So I'd say for now, lets call it a personal choice. Cool lighting = smaller, tighter buds. Warm lighting = bigger, fluffier buds. Warm underlighting is my own personal twist on the cool light budding thing.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast