Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
11186 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Will 150w HPS outperform 372w of T5HO?

The T5's are winning....no question about it. More buds sites and they are further along too. They are all "Happy", but the T5's are winning. We will see as we go, but it's clear we have a leader.

Yea! Go T5's! Loving me some T5's! I'll be growing sm plants from now on because of age, back & other health issues. Just can't hoss around the big momas anymore. I'll probably gift my HPS to a young friend who wants to learn how to grow, I don't want it. I'm staying with my T5's with supplemental cfls. Hoping to get a bank of 8 this summer for flowering & keep the 6 bank for veg. I'll still have big momas outside. Gotta have that hefty outdoor grow every year, but even those will veg under T5's till they're too big for the rabbits & groundhogs to want to munch. Just need a little deer repellent & THIEF DETERRENT! Miss my big sweet rot. All she wanted to do was cuddle, but those up to no good would take one look at her (all 120 lbs) & go the other way. Never had a thieft the whole 13yrs of her life. I loved her because she was sweet, gentle & loving. Rest in peace my sweet Sadie. You will never be forgotten.

I'm sorry to hear about your Sadie dog Mama....I know the feeling. I lost my Rocky dog,(Golden Retriever) about a year ago to Congestive heart failure...Miss my Rocky dog.
    I do have a "new" dog though, here name is Sadie! How about that? Spaz of a Lab with separation anxiety issues. I don't have an unchewed piece of wood furniture in the house.
    Not too mention the area rugs, (corners), the molding to the Sheetrock, the hardwood step into the Dining room, and now Christmas ornaments...Damn dog. :wtf:
    The T5's....are winning! I need to get a few more pics up, they went 12/12 on 11/29 as I recall. Looking very Happy at the moment, leaves pointing up.
    I need to start giving them something...they got nothing in Veg, and I have been using Terra Flores 2-2-4 every few day's since they went 12/12.
    What am I not giving them? Remember, I'm still new! Lol

4.   Advertisements

I'm organic all the way, used to mix EVERYTHING from scratch. Too hard on the back now a days, but when I found fox farms products, I fell head over heals in love! Every trace element you could want is in those wonderful organics. Listed on the bottle are the ingredients, but you need to know (or google) the elements in those ingredients to know they are there. You might want to add a tablespoon per gal of molasses every now & then for energy, & one dose of growth nutes before you go to a bloom food. You can still do that even if you've changed to 12/12. I sometimes do that anyway, just because this is when they really expend more energy, blooming! I know you'll enjoy watching the buds form & grow. Its kinda like watching an aquarium. I can do it for hours! Probably why I never get bugs indoors. I scare them away! Haha!
    -- I got a new dog too. 11 lbs of jack ass Russell's. ... & listen to this, separation anxiety disorder! Since I can't bend over well or often, he's in his crate when I sleep or leave. Cant be helped. His a smooth coated tiny, the short legged variety. He'll be 8 on my birthday, & still way too much energy, & damned it, he won't share! I have a 38 lb maincoon cat who keeps him in his place with just a look. They'll sleep together, but when Tigger gives him 'the eye', he'll go lay down! This will make you laugh your ass off. This past summer I had a buzzard in the yard. I didn't see it till I let Tito out & he ran over to challange it. That buzzard bent its head down, spread its wings & ran toward Tito. He stopped in his tracks, SCREAMED, turned & ran to me & has never challanged anything again. Took the wind out of his sails, that's for sure. He's not neutered, but that buzzard robbed him of his puppy dog man hood! I love Goldens. They're so dovoted. I love they way they look into you eyes & make you know they love you. They feel good to hug too! I like big teddy bear dogs. My Sadie loved cats. She kiss & lick as long as they'd let her. One day she was nudging my cats belly & her stubby tail was flying in circles. I wanted to see why she was so happy with the cats belly. I felt around, & my god! She was pregnant! Sadie was a great mother, had even nursed orphaned squirrels & kittens. She was so protective of Polly the whole time she was pregnant & would stay with the kittens when Polly took a break. She was special. They'll never be another one like her. She was 13 when she died. Thats old for a rot, but she didn't die a natural death. Someone fractured her skull so they could rob me. I wish them a slow & very painful death.

Thanks Mama! I will be graduating to Fox Farms when I repot the baby girls. I guess I need "Blackstrap" Molasses? Or will any work?
    Maybe some "Big Bloom" too?
    Wow!...a 38lb cat? Now THATS a cat. Karma will get those thieves Mama, count on it. Golden Retrievers are wonderful dogs.My Rocky came to me off the Craigslist. He was supposedly 5 when I got him, poor dog lived in an Apt. with a bipolar father and Autistic son. Poor dog didn't know if you were going to hit him or pet him. He was scared of his waterbowl too....maybe he was tormented when he tried to drink...I don't know.
    He got over it after about a year, but I alway's wondered what happened to him that caused that. I had him about 5 years...he suddenly collapsed while playing fetch, ( he lived to chase balls.....I miss that) and I took him to the Vet. Had him on some Great meds, (spendy) that gave him 6 more months of quality life with me, but there wasn't much that could be done.
    One of the hardest day's of my life was taking him in to put him down. I just couldn't let him suffer anymore. Jeez...I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
    Attachment 296799

The T5HO Girls are looking great at 3 weeks in. The HPS Girls are not as full, or as developed. I didn't tie down the HPS one's because I don't really have the room to spread them open at that end of my Cabinet. I don't think it would have mattered, but again, we are putting 372 watts against 150. The T5's have almost twice the lumens and the difference is showing.
    12/12 on 11/29 The T5 girls are the 3rd and 4th pics. The HPS 1st and 2nd....but I think it's pretty obvious.

Attachment 296844Attachment 296843Attachment 296842Attachment 296841

It would be cool to do this experiment setting up both lighting systems so that their output is equivalent in terms of PAR content. Then we could see differences in efficiency quite clearly. Shovelhandle stated that T5's produce more useable light if you mix bulb temps properly, and I'm guessing you could get better performance per watt with the t5s, but a direct comparison would be useful.

watt for watt I would expect the HPS to outgrow the T5HO as the lumen ration is abut 20% better. However, the plants use certain spectrum of light so it would be good to see the comparison. As far as LED, I still see most if not all commercial and academic greenhouses using HID lighting for the plants still. I expect that someday that will change.

Shovel is it true than Cannabis utilizes red wavelengths preferentially during flowering? I keep reading that HPS is best for budding because of its red and yellow output. I would love to see a well controlled set of experiments that test all of these things. Or better yet, maybe I should quit yakking and do it myself.

It's about to get really unfair...Lol.... I'm picking up another 4 bulb 4 foot T5HO for a sidelight. It will add another 20K Lumen to the mix. 55,000 Lumen, 588 total watts for 2 girls.
    I will use the 2 foot T5 for underlighting, just because Mama Catbuds said so.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast