Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1694 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Will 150w HPS outperform 372w of T5HO?

I got lost about 20 minutes ago. But here I am.

The T5's are winning...and they are getting so wide I won't be able to keep them off the T5 sidelight for long. I was in the closet tending and time got away from me fast.
    Funny how that happens, I like it in there. Just makes me feel good tending to my girls.
    Gotta take some pics...

I forgot...Mama? Is that actually UNDER lighting, or side lighting? I would gain a couple inches of grow width if I dropped the side light under the canopy, that would help.
    My Mother plant seems to be doing better, but I think it needs some serious pruning. Darn thing is thick and dense. Dug into the middle and it's a jungle in there!
    I'm pretty sure that's where the ladybug Army Queen lives.

3.   Advertisements

I use metal screen to keep the plants from growing into the side lights (T5). It's the same pieces of screen I use to keep our cats out of the window boxes when we plant seeds in the spring. It's found in the hardware store. Cheap. It has like 1/2" 'holes' and it is easily cut. I bend the edge and just hang it on the lamps.

Here's a couple pics from 11/29 when I put a pair under the T5's and the HPS. I will add a current pic of them when they wakeup.

Some pics I just took a few minutes ago. The T5HO pair are LST'd, the HPS pair are not. Looking good so far, you can see my lady Bugs on patrol. :thumbsup:

Attachment 296761Attachment 296762Attachment 296763Attachment 296764Attachment 296765Attachment 296766

Is it my eyes, or are the T5 buds a tad bigger? I love T5's!

They are Mama....the buds are bigger.. Plants are roughly the same size, though the T5 plants are a bit thicker. Interesting little experiment, but what if I uppped the HPS to equal Watts?
    I'm thinking about it for the next round. I'm not about quantity though, it's all about quality to me. This is just for my meds and I'm looking for that "calming" effect as well as for low back issues.
    Relaxed...mind slowed down....no "pressure"...that's the ticket. :stoned:

Hey, me too on the back pain. Was in an accident, spinal injury, neck, lower back & broke 3 ribs loose from my spine, mid back. Lots of nerve damage. Have insomnia too, so I smoke to sleep at night. Don't get me wrong. I've always been a pot head, but now I need it. Have several health issues that would also qualify me for mmj too, arthritis, etc, but back & sleep are #1.
    -- I really like my T5's. I have a 400watt hps somewhere in a box in the attic. Overkill for my closet. But I may just stick with T5's in a SOG. Indoors is secondary to my outdoor grow, so its quality over quanity here too. My entire outdoor crop was ripped this past summer though.
    -- Your girls are looking good, both lights!

Looking good OMB. How close are you able to get your plants to the T5's without light/heat damage? They appear to be much closer than those under the HPS. I'm noticing light damage on the upper leaves of my flowering girls under 600w HPS. I used T5 HO bulbs to grow up the plants I'm currently flowering, and they loved it. Unfortunately they're mounted into a grow tent and the plants outgrew the tent after a month. Also difficult to control temp in there. But they do seem more efficient and the Phillips ballast and 4 ft bulbs I use have been in operation over 5 years growing all sorts of stuff and I have yet to lose a single tube! I'm really interested in whether you find a quality difference with this, as I am growing for a patient with Lupus and chronic back/joint pain.

Hey Chromophore, I get the lights down to 6 inches from the tops or less. I have a fan blowing directly down the "gap" between the tops and bulbs, really helps.
    Same with the HPS. I could bring that 150 down to 12 inches from the tops with my inlet fan hitting the gap.
    Way cooler to run the T5's...but when summer hits I'm going to have cooling issues regardless.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast