Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1443 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

cold weather help!

Be care though, gas given off can over come you. Do not go in enclosed area with it, keep well vented when near.

2.   Advertisements

cold weather help!

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    The light on my modern oil filled(which is great electric wise) as a little red dot(light) to tell you when it's plugged in. Another tell say thremosat said go to work. But half inch of black electric tape and you'll be good
    Ranger's got it, those oil filled radiators rock. When we lived in a century-old farmhouse we had one in each bedroom and the living room all winter, never once had to run the whole-house heat. They don't seem to have a noticeable impact on humidity in the room either

cold weather help!

[quote=Schrodingers Cat]A little different approach, if you have room around your girls...... I would place a barrier between your pot and the small compost pot.

Heat my unheated pole shed, with compost, and grow lights. Then summer its under a large oak tree, and fans suffice

cold weather help!

Thanks guys. so this Is what I'm getting: heatp the soil not the plant anything under 40 is too cold and watch the lights on all heat sources that I?? miss anything??

cold weather help!

Another +1 for the oil filled radiator looking heaters. The other thing you can do, (if you are split across the middle of you space) is make sure either your flower or veg lights are on all night to add heat. I had to "flip flop" my lighting to solve the same problem. That way one set is on all night and I draw air from that level to heat the other level using fans and ducting.
    With outside temps in the 20's the top never gets below 70 degree's, and the bottom, (flower) never gets below 60. Seems to work well for me....but what a headache for awhile while I worked it out!
    5 fans, lot's of ducting, but done. Then again, when temps change drastically, I will have to readjust!
    Insulating the garage is sounding better and better. Listen to catbuds, she knows her shit.

cold weather help!

With two rooms, don't you keep them on similar cycles, realizing that the bloom room will have less time. But to turn them on the head light wise has caused me fluffy broken buds, and hermies.

Probably as many reasons to grow indoors as out, mainly because of crooks and cops and our course friends

cold weather help!

Was just shown u tube, guy uses two flower pots (one inverted over other) with a candle inside to heat a room. Would also emit co2 I quess. But with the temp in the single digits here, I require a few more btu's

cold weather help!

Ahhh the cold snap is here. I grow in an attic and the room requires additional heat in the winter months(more than just the lights). Cannabis can survive at pretty amazingly cold temps. That is survive, not flourish, not even grow at all if too cold, just sit there and hang on.
    You wanna grow nice nugs in your garage room you WILL have to buy and use a heater, period.
    Environment(temp, RH) the single most important factors in indoor growing. Get the environ right and then and only then will your room really start producing nicely for you.

cold weather help!

Let me add another point on room temp. Lets assume one is growing organically in soil. The whole idea we have is to create a living soil with a diverse micro herd to basically care for our plants for us. So we take care of and feed the soil, in turn the soil takes care of and feeds our plants. The microbes won't function well and will die off with sustained cold temps. There's the plant, still alive in the pot in the cold room, but it ain't gonna work like we wanted it too.

I think as far as acceptable low temps, 55 with the lights off is the lowest you should ever allow, and yes allow, because the successful indoor grower must be able to completely control the growing environment.

cold weather help!

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    Remember that electric heater puts of enough light to bite you, Have found some thing called an oil filled radiator that works well, there is a light to cover with tape
    Ranger, you're absolutely right in this & ALL you've posted to this thread. For now ALL my heat is from 3 brand new portable space heaters. One is an oil filled radiant heater & they ALL have little red indicator lights, high, med & low settings. If anything, the older ones would be more likely to NOT have these indicator lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12