Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1584 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

What do you think?

Hi all,

I am currently doing my own small indoor grow and when i say small i mean only one plant. Was wandering if someone could tell me how my weed plant is doing from the pics below. Its been growing for a little over 6 weeks now and is getting bigger every day.

Btw the bottom have yellow spots which then turn yellow and shrivel up and die as you will see in the pics
    anon12 Reviewed by anon12 on . What do you think? Hi all, I am currently doing my own small indoor grow and when i say small i mean only one plant. Was wandering if someone could tell me how my weed plant is doing from the pics below. Its been growing for a little over 6 weeks now and is getting bigger every day. Btw the bottom have yellow spots which then turn yellow and shrivel up and die as you will see in the pics Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

What do you think?

I think you have a Nitrogen deficiency in your soil and that you should give it some balanced plant food. My recommendation would be a liquid feed over plant stakes so that you can flush the soil if it happens to be too much, too fast. Been I while since I used the stakes but I seem to remember them getting soft/dissolving within a few days, could be wrong though.

What do you think?

I've been using an NPK Fertilser dissolved in water.. To be specific this exact fertilizer:

Chempak - Cactus & Succulent Fertilizer
    N:P:K ~ 8:34:32 with added Magnesium (Mg) and trace elements

Attachment 296391

Attachment 296392

Attachment 296393

I purchased this fertilizer the other day and was thinking of using this stuff to see if it gets rid of my problem:

Miracle-Gro Singles All Purpose Soluble Plant Food

Attachment 296394

Attachment 296395

I've also got this stuff which is on the way (more plant fertilizer)

Eazifeed 250g Fast Acting Soluble ALL PURPOSE Plant Food Indoor/Outdoor

Attachment 296396

What do you think?

Ah, I mistakenly blamed the nitrogen. That was my first guess because it most often effects the lower leaves first and always from the tips/edges in. It is more likely though that phosphorous is your issue. The fert you're using has really high P and K values. An abundance of phosphorous can hinder the uptake of zinc, potassium, and iron.

I'd recommend doing a soil flush and then going a couple of days on just water. I'm thinking that after the excess nutes have been flushed your plants will start to turn around. Wouldn't advise going back to the Chempak either. The N value in the Miracle Gro is higher than you want for a young plant, but perhaps you could dilute the solution to exchanging one excess for another? I wasn't able to find the NPK of Eazifeed.

What do you think?

Hi Poncho,

Thanks for the advice. It has now been 4 days since i last watered my plant using the Chempak fertilizer. Today i added plain water ( a bit less than about 250 ml) into the soil and also sprinkled the plant leaves with plain water with my hands and fingers until the plant leaves dropped down so they got a good drink.

My question is, does that sound like the start of a good flush (getting rid of the excess fertilizer)?

Also, some of the bigger plant leaves in the middle of the plant have developed yellow spots on them which weren't there before (but i'm hoping this primary (first) flush will help to get rid of that in the future. I will continue to only use plain water for the next 3 - 4 plant waterings.

Please let me know what you think. I have posted pics below of what my plant currently looks like a couple of minutes before i did the soil flush with the plain water as explained above.

Attachment 296461

Attachment 296462

Attachment 296463

Attachment 296464

Attachment 296465

Attachment 296466

Attachment 296467

What do you think?

Not too shabby, brah.
    Maybe a little small and pale, but that's fixable

As a general rule, when plants gets as wide as, and taller than, their shoes.
    And the bottom fans start to yellow and resorb.
    It's time for bigger shoes.

Take a close look at the weep holes.
    See any root tips?

Prepare the new soil with PH'ed, lightly nuted, water.
    Add some of that soil to the new pot so that your gals sit just below the rim.
    When the height is right, add moist soil all around.
    Carefully lift it out your girl, pot and all, leaving a shaped hole.

Take a piece of thick paper, or cardboard, cut a slit to the center of it, and pull the slit around the stalk.
    That will catch crumbs and keep your root ball intact when you flip it over.
    Turn the pot upside down, supporting the cardboard with your hand, and rap it's rim downward against the edge of your bench.
    The ball will drop out of the old pot onto your hand.
    In one fluid motion, turn it upright and drop it gently into the shaped hole.

No transplant shock, they don't even blink.
    You will see a burst of growth right away.
    When that slows, feed it normally.

You are off to a good start.

Aloha,
    Weezard

What do you think?

I would also add that, if possible, you should try to pick up a different reflective material. I believe Panda or mylar would be a much better alternative to aluminum foil for you. Also, what kind of bulb or bulbs are you using - spectrum and wattage? For 6 weeks along, I would think it could be a bit bushier but I could be wrong depending on strain or other factors, I am still learning, too.

Nice job keeping your plant alive this far along, you are very patient!

What do you think?

Hi d00g,

Bulb that i am currently using (19th November to 10th December):

MiniSun 23w BC B22 Energy Saving Daylight CFL Spiral Bulb

Colour Temperature: 6500K - 1000 Lumens
    Incandescent Equivalent - 100 watts
    Luminous Flux - 1000

Bulb that i used from: 19th November to 28th November:

Cool White 35w Energy Saving Spiral Light Bulb

35w spiral very bright 175w equivalent
    Cool White 4100k Colour temperature

Bulb that i used from: 21st October - November 19th:

MiniSun 65w BC B22 Energy Saving Daylight CFL Spiral Bulb

Colour Temperature: 6500K
    Equivalent to a 325w standard bulb

I have looked into reflective materials and i will decide on what to do.

The strain of the weed is: Seedsman White Widow (Feminised)

Growing weed is a tricky process but you need to do it right to get the right results also i'm learning something new every day.

Here are some pics taken today of how my plant is looking:

Attachment 296556

Attachment 296557

Attachment 296558

Attachment 296559

Attachment 296560

Attachment 296561

Attachment 296562

What do you think?

What do you think?

Wasup Weezard,

Thanks for the input.

I have ordered a new grow box which should arrive withinin the next 1-3 days. I will also transplant the plant when the box arrives as my current grow box is falling apart and too small for the current plant which has out grown it as i cannot hang the light bulb any higher which means it is too close to my weed plant.

My weed plant has needed to be re-potted since about the 1st of December and it is now the 10th and the plant is still in the same plant pot it has been growing in since i started the grow. I am worried that the roots have no room to grow and how this will effect my plant in the long run.

I am buying a 2 litre, 3 litre, 5 litre, 10 litre, 15 litre and 20 litre plant pot with drainage holes in order to see which one will be best for re - potting my plant. However, i was was wandering if you know weather i could just re-pot my plant in a plant pot big enough so it can grow to full size and maturity without me having to change the pot again in the future. What size pot should i use for this in litres?

Is putting a small weed plant in a big plant pot bad for it?

Thanks

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook