Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1583 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

What do you think?

Thanks man I've put alot of sweat and toil into this one plant just to get that nice strong potent bud at the end of it all! Fingers crossed it all works as this is my first serious grow aswell. Tried it before like 4 years ago with 4 plants but was no where near as serious as i am now so it didn't work out.

Anyway, I have some updates on the fertilizer AND Light Bulb issue:

Info on the Eazifeed Fert:

Eazifeed Soluble Plant Food All Purpose for Indoor and Outdoor use.250g, and mkes up to 100 watering cans.

NPK Fertiliser:
    15-5-30 plus trace elements
    Total Nitrogen (N): 15%
    Ammonioacal Nitrogen: 6%
    Ureic Nitrogen: 9%
    Phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5): 5% (2.2%P)
    Solouble in nuetral ammonium
    Citrate & Water: 5%
    Pottasium oxide (K2O): 30% (24.9%K)
    Solouble in water: 30%

Added less than a quarter measuring spoon Eazifeed Solouble Plant Food ALl Purpose ( ) into slightly less than 250CL Bathroom tap water
    Put about 210 CL Into soil until seeped out of bottom into drainage plate
    Excess water still in drainage plate (need to drain but it has valuable fert in it! Might drain it what you think?

Turned two of the three light bulbs off leaving the 35W (175 Watt Equivalent) 4100K Cool WHite Bulb on in the middle directly above The plant on by itself.

Just to mention i have invested quite alot of money already into this one plant and now i'm having to make the decision on to spend even more to buy the correct bulbs as the ones i am using for the flowering stage which i started on December 16th in 48 Hours of total darkness then On December 19th I officialy began the 12/12 light cycle but with the wrong light bulbs and i am worreid how this will effect the buds?

I really do not wish to spend any more than i absolutely have to as i am only growing one plant. The bulbs are around £5-8 EACH and i will probably need at least three to maximize the light in the grow tent as i have no reflective material either just the white canvas that surrounds the grow box as the reflective stuff is about £3.00 a metre.

What do you think?

Update:

Just decided to spend more friggin money becuase i had to and purchased:

Mini 25w Energy Saving Spiral Light Bulb, 125w Equivalent, Bayonet Cap B22, New Advanced T2 Technology x 3

Luminous Flux 1500
    Wattage 25 watts
    Incandescent Equivalent 125 watts
    Bulb Features Flicker free with fast start up time
    Colour Temperature: 2700 Kelvin

Colour: warm white

AND

DIAMOND MYLAR REFLECTIVE SHEETING 5m x 1.25m SILVER FOIL LIGHT PROOF

ADVANTAGES:

Diamond diffused pattern to spread light more evenly.

Produced to help eliminate grow room hot spots.

100% lightite (a true BLACK OUT, test it yourself!).

PET coated to protect against corrosion and wear.

With Membrane Memory to dramatically reduce creasing effect.

FOOD SAFE. PLANT SAFE PRODUCT.
    NON GASSING GUARANTEED.

What do you think?

Nice job getting the mylar, it will make a huge difference in the amount of light that is reaching your plant. Hopefully it didn't cost you much. And also nice job getting the 2700K bulb. Keep in mind that 2700K CFL bulbs seem to be the easiest to find bulbs at home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowe's. Those stores have the largest selection of light bulbs (at least in my area) - most of them useless to us - but I generally see CFL bulbs in the 2000K range for very cheap - like $3-4 for the more luminous of those bulbs. So, hopefully that didn't cost you very much either.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and updates! I know it's not fun spending the money but isn't it fun upgrading and evolving with your grow? That's what I have enjoyed the most.

4.   Advertisements

What do you think?

Thanks. Just hope its all enough materials and bulbs to do the job right so i get a strong potent THC rich crop! I have enjoyed learning about this beautiful, magical & special plant. I'm glad about the strain i have chosen since it is one of the best and there are so many damn strains to choose from.

Yeh, its true i suppose it is fun & exciting upgrading and improving my grow. I just hope i haven't hindered the final results by not getting the correct equipment from the start but time will tell i guess.

This whole grow was meant to be a small one which has turned out to be rather large & expensive but is the only way to do it properly imo.

I can't wait to see what the buds look like in a couple weeks time. More pics to come for sure!

What do you think?

I feel the same way about my first grow - it has turned out to be more expensive than I planned but feels good because it seems to be the proper way to get the results we want. I believe it will be worth it in the end and I hope you feel the same way about yours. My plants are starting to get a bit stinky when I stick my nose into them and it makes me very happy.

What do you think?

Same here, there changing colour and everything! Added the Mylar today. Just waiting on several light bulbs to come in the post to assit in the flowering stage and my grow setup will be almost complete. Might buy some slow release plant food aswell to boost growth. I can't wait to see how my plant buds. It's meant to be white widow so im expecting lots of white crystals to emerge.

You posted up any pics of yours? What strain isit btw?

What do you think?

Yup my grow log is titled "First Grow - Pro Grow LED Cabinet Grow" in the Grow Log section of this forum. I try to use it to track my own progress and get tips from people that have done many grows compared to my 1. I am growing THC Bomb and my plants are just over a month old and about half as tall as yours but bushy as hell. I am going to start 12/12 with my LED/CFL setup in the next few days.

What do you think?

Just a little tip about your CFL's, always turn your bubs more side ways, so the plant will asorbe more light from the top, and I see you have some on the side of the plants, that is good. There is a lot more light comming from the curls then the end of the lights. Good luck, and happy growing.

What do you think?

First grows always seem expensive, but so much is reusable next time around. Well thinking on it, they all seem expensive till the bud is being smoked, then it's "I grew this, isn't it great". Hard to stop with just one. You have a career a "head" of you.

What do you think?

. . .

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook