Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1652 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

What do you think?

How my plant looks like as of today (7 Weeks and 4 days in to be exact):

Attachment 296681

Attachment 296682

Attachment 296683

Attachment 296684

Attachment 296685

Attachment 296686

Attachment 296687

What do you think?

Also, how far saway should the light bulb be from the plant? I'm using a:

MiniSun 65w BC B22 Energy Saving Daylight CFL Spiral Bulb

Colour Temperature: 6500K
    Equivalent to a 325w standard bulb

It was approx 30cm away for the first day in my new grow box but then i read online that CFL's need to be about 2-4 inches away from the plant which i thought was very close, but apprently thats what everyone is saying. I guess its to do with the heat emitted from the CFL bulb. So now the CFL bulb is 3 inches away from my plant with a little usb fan blowing at the plant about 5 hours a day.

3.   Advertisements

What do you think?

Got a head's up for you.

Best to empty the saucer right away.
    Standing water keeps the soil too wet and the roots run out of oxygen.

She's looking good.

You can figure the distance to that CFL with a thermometer.
    No got?
    Use the back of your hand.
    Too hot for you?
    Not good for her.

Carry on, carrying on.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

What do you think?

Hey anon, great to see you adapting and being proactive! You have a GREAT resource following you in the Weeze! I was having an issue with drainage water pooling in the tub that my soiled plant pots were resting in. I flipped over an entire Rapid Rooter plug-holder and cut it up to adequately fit my 3 large pots. The pots stay on top and drip the water freely through the homemade drip filter, and my plants sit, happily about 3 inches off the basin. Then, I drain and disinfect the basin every 2-3 days to avoid water pools which attract insects and algae/various bacteria.

My plan is to buy individual catch-basins (Weezard calls them saucers - I'll go with his terminology!) for each one of my 3 plants. This will help in ease of draining excess water after waterings, measuring runoff pH, and they'll also make it easier to spin the ladies to spread the light until they're big enough to tie them down. I will put the upside-down RR holders in them, too.

What do you think?

Just purchased a:

3in1 Soil Moisture/Humidity Light PH Tester Meter for Plant Flowers Fruits added to soil

Which looks like this:

Attachment 296707

Attachment 296708

Soil Tester:

Attachment 296709

My question is: Do i leave the soil probe in the soil 24/7 and just just flip the switch when i want my 3 readings, or do i take it out every single day and clean it then re insert it the next day when i want another reading? I'm just worried about damaging the roots if you see what i mean?

Thanks,

Anon12

What do you think?

Started the flower cycle a couple days ago and i am wondering what a good amount of lights i should use. I was using a cool white 65w(equivalent to 325 standard watt bulb) with 6500k cfl bulb.

I have switched to a 35w (equivalent to 175w standard watt bulb) with 4100k cfl bulb.

I have three different cfl light bulbs to my disposal as seen further above in this thread. However, i was wandering what bulb i should be using for the flowering stage and how many bulbs i should be using.

Thanks

What do you think?

Hey anon -

For flowering stage you will want to use Warm White bulbs in the range of 2200K-3200K. You need to switch from the 4100K as soon as possible. The more light you can get on your plant, the better. Reflectors also direct the light to increase the amount of light that is reaching the plant.

Looking forward to seeing some new pictures.

What do you think?

Hey again, anon -

Thanks for the pics, I love to see that clean green! Looking like a very healthy plant, just make sure to read about specific growing spectrums that plants use for their different stages so you are fully aware of the light needs of your lady. Keep us updated as you are switching to Flowering stage! I am about to switch my own 1st grow to Flowering stage, so I will be sure to follow you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook