Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1646 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

*****NEED ANSWERS ABOUT LED *****

Hey guys I have a couple of questions about LEDS, first of all my current setup is a 100x 3w Panel here is a link

300W Full Spectrum 9BAND LED Grow Light IR VEG Flower Hydroponic Panel Lamp New | eBay

But anyways I want to know is that enough to grow 3 plants from vegetative to flower I want to do a Scrog, but I am willing to add more light if needed like a couple 65 watt CFL or Higher if I can find some at Home Depot or Lowes I have it a Cab thats 48x12x18 and it might be a little bigger thats Just what it looks like I need to Measure it, I have two cpu fans on top that exhaust hot air and one small house fan on the bottom for the intake I have drilled holes so there is plenty of air movement. Also I would like to know what do you think my average yield will be right now have 3 Bagseed seedlings under the LED and one of my biggest problems are finding people that have relative grows to mine I mean I seen those 600 watt leds on youtube and there like a grand but then I see a BluLight 120x3 produce 13 + Ounces On Youtube and that seems unreal to me but apparently Wattage does not matter its Spectrum which is confusing so there you go.
    WeedisMyNeed Reviewed by WeedisMyNeed on . *****NEED ANSWERS ABOUT LED ***** Hey guys I have a couple of questions about LEDS, first of all my current setup is a 100x 3w Panel here is a link 300W Full Spectrum 9BAND LED Grow Light IR VEG Flower Hydroponic Panel Lamp New | eBay But anyways I want to know is that enough to grow 3 plants from vegetative to flower I want to do a Scrog, but I am willing to add more light if needed like a couple 65 watt CFL or Higher if I can find some at Home Depot or Lowes I have it a Cab thats 48x12x18 and it might be a little Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

anyone there that think they can Help??

Here's an odd statement, that I have to disagree with.

"Wattage does not matter its Spectrum which is confusing so there you go."

Wattage/efficiency are important for flowering.
    Not so much for vegging.

I veg a dozen 'lings under 50 Watts quite well.
    Of course, I don't waste watts on inefficient colors.
    All my electricity cost goes into the 2 colors that cannabis uses most efficiently.
    660nm. red and 460nm. blue
    When properly "tuned", the plants look black.
    Everything absorbed, very little get reflected.

Been doing this for several years.
    Built my own, adjustable arrays and and played with different color mixes in side by side experiments.
    Found that chasing the "lost" chord was a waste of time.
    Now when I see these ads for 5 bands, 9 bands, IR, UV, etc I have to smile.
    The unprincipled, gettin' wealthy off the under-informed.
    It's gotten very silly, actually.

Meanwhile, I muddle on with my paltry 2 colors. ;

Attachment 296331Attachment 296332Attachment 296333Attachment 296334Attachment 296335Attachment 296336Attachment 296337

Enough.
    I got choke pictures, check my albums.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Ok so my questions are still not answered and Im still wondering will anyone ever get a straight answer when it comes to LEDS

The CFL's will probably only be needed for side and under lighting if that answers your question. Also we need to know how long you plan on vegging to determine a relative height and space to see if that panel would cover them efficiently. Are you using mylar or what kind of reflective material?

Quote Originally Posted by WeedisMyNeed
    Ok so my questions are still not answered and Im still wondering will anyone ever get a straight answer when it comes to LEDS

Thought I had answered it and then some.

I'll try again.

First, we have to find, isolate, and understand the question.

Ah, here it is:

"But anyways I want to know is that enough to grow 3 plants from vegetative to flower"

Yes.

Aloha,
    Weezard
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Im using Flat white paint and I will probably veg them for 3-4weeks then flower how much do you think i could yield with just that panel if you could make an educated guess I know theres a lot of factors but I want to know so I know how much CFLs to add

Sorry I meant no disrespect but I have been researching constantly and getting nowhere thank you for replying.

I have never used CFL's been LED since day one but I would assume about 1 on each side of the plants would be sufficient. All I can say is every situation and every Light is different catbuds and weezard could probably help you more with that question than me.

I understand that situation as well because so many people doubt LEDs even though they work great.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast