Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1656 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

*****NEED ANSWERS ABOUT LED *****

Quote Originally Posted by d00g
    PPPDragon - I believe you would always put the lights above the SCROG. The plants will be growing up into the SCROG, and you don't want the lights tangle into the SCROG or the plants growing into the lights. Keep lights and heat away from plants and rope!

Weez - in the pic with the LED panel pointed directly into the 5g buckets, are the plants raised closer to the LED panel, or is the height fine where it is because that bucket is crazy reflective?
    My bad, should have captioned.

There's nothing in those buckets but a light meter.
    I was using them as a standard shape and size for a side by side test of different reflective surfaces.
    Then as an efficacy test of different LEDs

BTW the reflectix won!
    And I settled for Ledengin 15W emitters.

Can't help it, I trust nothing and test everything.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    My bad, should have captioned.

There's nothing in those buckets but a light meter.
    I was using them as a standard shape and size for a side by side test of different reflective surfaces.
    Then as an efficacy test of different LEDs

BTW the reflectix won!
    And I settled for Ledengin 15W emitters.

Can't help it, I trust nothing and test everything.

Aloha,
    Weezard
    you seem to be an LED pro...i just started a little operation, had some seedlings under T5 for a week, and just switched them over to full LED yesterday.....my question is this....should the seedlings grow fairly decent under the LEDs...or would i be better off keeping them under T5 till a certain point....the plants currently sit in a 3x3x5 with one 240 watt blue and red led...(g8LED) and one 90 watt red booster UFO...the plants are auto flowers so thats why i got the red ufo to help with flower...would just like some seedling knowledge for LEDs seems to be limited info.
    thanks weez

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by budbro28
    you seem to be an LED pro...i just started a little operation, had some seedlings under T5 for a week, and just switched them over to full LED yesterday.....my question is this....should the seedlings grow fairly decent under the LEDs...or would i be better off keeping them under T5 till a certain point....the plants currently sit in a 3x3x5 with one 240 watt blue and red led...(g8LED) and one 90 watt red booster UFO...the plants are auto flowers so thats why i got the red ufo to help with flower...would just like some seedling knowledge for LEDs seems to be limited info.
    thanks weez
    Hey budbro- I also started with a T5 from seeds for several days before my LED arrived. My seeds sprouted under T5, and then I had the LED hooked up and switched over to a combo of full spectrum/veg spectrum. I sometimes switched to veg (blue) only because it seemed that full spectrum raised the temp in my cabinet 2-4 degrees, and that was too high for me when it was warmer in my house. My plants have been under LED's since then, and it has been about 3 weeks. I have a grow log that I just started if you would like to see some pics to see where they're at.

Quote Originally Posted by budbro28
    thanks weez
    Mahalo for the vote of confidence, but I'm not a pro at anything.
    I used to was a wiz at electronics and computers, but now antisocial insecurity pays me to kick back.
    Guess that makes me a professional goof off.

My amateur opinion is;

Go with the t5 until the are past the stretching phase.

It's very hard to start 'lings with leds.
    Most folks keep them too close and fry their plants, then claim that leds don't work.
    Most commercial leds have a too high R:B ratio and will cause major stretch regardless of distance
    Adding blue does not help, unless you back way off on the red.
    I found it tricky, and being cheap and lazy, just threw a CFL at them for the first week or so.

This last batch are getting sunlight, with an LED array in the evening just to lengthen their day and keep them in veg.

Our tropical nights are a tad long and Indica's bolt to flower straight away without light extension.
    Thinking about just giving them 2 hours of LED in the middle of the dark cycle so I don't have to keep resetting the timer as the planet wobbles.
    (Did I mention lazy?)

Google
    "Discussion of the pragmatic application of LED's"

There's some good stuff there.
    Aloha, enjoy

Weeze

Our tropical nights are a tad long and Indica's bolt to flower straight away without light extension.
    Thinking about just giving them 2 hours of LED in the middle of the dark cycle so I don't have to keep resetting the timer as the planet wobbles.
    (Did I mention lazy?)

Google
    "Discussion of the pragmatic application of LED's"

There's some good stuff there.
    Aloha, enjoy

Weeze
    Ah it must be nice to be on an island in the Pacific right now! It was not so nice shoveling the first few inches of snow of the year today on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by d00g
    Ah it must be nice to be on an island in the Pacific right now! It was not so nice shoveling the first few inches of snow of the year today on the east coast.
    ea as i read that im looking at freezing rain....lucky lucky man you are haha....thanks for the advice...been kinda fooling around with moving the plants around...and in the small tent o gpt i have most under the t5 and had one under the LEDs...the T5 sem to be fine but the one uner the LED does seem to have a little stretch in it...(leaves seem to be reaching for the light)...im gunna go with the t5 for anothe week or so until i get the second set of top leaves....thanks for the link weez....and DOOG what an epic but picture...i hope you know this fair maiden...Apple bottom jeans...boots with fur......got the lights used though for a pretty good deal..give me some input/adivce i can take all i can get.....also ive posted a link to a youtube video to give yall and idea of what im working with...(current grow)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2rUxFLt2co

the lights i am using are a G8led 240 full spectrum...and a G8 90 watt full RED ufo light

Weezard,

I am lacking in your electronics skills, so I am leaning towards a pre-fab led unit like the Kind K3-L600. I see from the photos that this light appears to be more for flowering versus vegetative growth. What would you recommends in terms of LED lights for the veg phase?

Attachment 296750

PPP~Dragon
    I wish I were Santa Claus as then I would know where all the \"Naughty Girls\" are located :thumbsup:

I can't see that it's for either.

What I do see is marketing.
    And we have a winner of the "band wars".

Seriously, by experiment, I find no need for more than 4 "bands" at the most.
    And 2 of them are not really necessary, (they don't return enough bang for the buck).

I use 660nm. red, and ~460 Blue.
    Those are the "bands" that ganja listens to most intently.

Some "strains" do not take kindly to leds.
    But those plants do not "like" full spectrum CFLs either.

Find a light that uses the most efficacious color frequencies with a high R:B ratio.
    Then choose the one that lets you dim the red and you will have one lamp suitable for both flowering and vegging.

And you get to tell it which and when.

Hope that helps,
    Weezard
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Thanks Weezard,

Time to do more research.

PPP~Dragon
    I wish I were Santa Claus as then I would know where all the \"Naughty Girls\" are located :thumbsup:

Does such an LED light device exist? Dorm Grow doesn't dim, I am not sure if Kind dims their reds either. Hmmm...

PPP~Dragon

I can't see that it's for either.

What I do see is marketing.
    And we have a winner of the "band wars".

Seriously, by experiment, I find no need for more than 4 "bands" at the most.
    And 2 of them are not really necessary, (they don't return enough bang for the buck).

I use 660nm. red, and ~460 Blue.
    Those are the "bands" that ganja listens to most intently.

Some "strains" do not take kindly to leds.
    But those plants do not "like" full spectrum CFLs either.

Find a light that uses the most efficacious color frequencies with a high R:B ratio.
    Then choose the one that lets you dim the red and you will have one lamp suitable for both flowering and vegging.

And you get to tell it which and when.

Hope that helps,
    Weezard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast