Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1611 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

First grow (flowering stage only) with pics

What comes in threes?

No worries Chromo, it will be fine. They are tough plants. On the edge of my seat waiting for those pics buddy!

OMB my pics didn't turn out. Forgot to turn the fans off and everything is blurry. That's what happens when your stoned at 2 am and trying to do something which requires thought and attention. I'll get some more tonight. The de-forestation wasn't as bad as I thought. I left most of the green fan leaves at the top but really cleared a lot of junk out of the mid canopy. The swell is in full gear now. The calyxes in some areas look like they're turning inside out! Also found a banana-shaped male flower poking out of the top of one of the big buds. Looks just like the picture in Rosenthal's Guide. Another sign I'm getting to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromophore
    OMB my pics didn't turn out. Forgot to turn the fans off and everything is blurry. That's what happens when your stoned at 2 am and trying to do something which requires thought and attention. I'll get some more tonight. The de-forestation wasn't as bad as I thought. I left most of the green fan leaves at the top but really cleared a lot of junk out of the mid canopy. The swell is in full gear now. The calyxes in some areas look like they're turning inside out! Also found a banana-shaped male flower poking out of the top of one of the big buds. Looks just like the picture in Rosenthal's Guide. Another sign I'm getting to the end.
    Oustanding Chromo! Our "Patience" is paying off finally. :thumbsup: I yanked the T5 girl's Monday night, off with their heads tomorrow night. Looking forward to the pics buddy.

A two month old ballast is dead? What crap. Most of the electronics coming out of China (which is about 99% of what we have) seems to be getting crappier and crappier all the time. Stuff just breaks, almost immediately. I try anymore to stick with German or American made, but that really jacks the price, if you can even find it. Can you get a replacement right away?

I spoke with my Major Professor about the 24 hr light thing. It's curious because obviously people have success growing cannabis under continuous light. But the Circadian clocks in plants do more than simply time-keep for the flowering process, they also regulate hormone pathways and gene expression/suppression, which changes with the plant's development. I'm not sure how Cannabis gets around this problem, but studies have shown that C3 plants (which is most plants other than desert plants, which are C4) will not develop properly without a dark cycle to set their clocks by. In some cases the plant cannot reach maturity if given continuous light.
    I know African Violets won't….it was a simple oops- it never made it to the uh oh stage with them…..

Still can't seem to get good representative photos, but I'll try shooting from a ladder tonight.

Attachment 298088 Attachment 298089 Attachment 298090

Some of the stretchier, nuggety colas are still slowly filling, but there's probably no chance they will completely fill in. Still a lot of material as some of these colas are approaching 3 feet in length! Attachment 298091

I decided last night that they simply aren't ready. I see additional swelling every day, and a lot of new, white pistils forming. Trichomes uniformly cloudy with smaller clears. I'm betting another week, though a couple of the bigger upper buds may go by this weekend.

7.   Advertisements

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but it still can't beat being there, many be its the smell!!

Looks like that one on the right should feed your hunger for a day or two.

Still can't seem to get good representative photos, but I'll try shooting from a ladder tonight.

Attachment 298088 Attachment 298089 Attachment 298090

Some of the stretchier, nuggety colas are still slowly filling, but there's probably no chance they will completely fill in. Still a lot of material as some of these colas are approaching 3 feet in length! Attachment 298091

I decided last night that they simply aren't ready. I see additional swelling every day, and a lot of new, white pistils forming. Trichomes uniformly cloudy with smaller clears. I'm betting another week, though a couple of the bigger upper buds may go by this weekend.
    The hardest part of the whole process- holding off til you know it's time….. hang tight - it's almost here! ( sample one for me! )

Wow chromo! 3 FEET of bud!?! Amazing....all hail the new guy! Great pics, great grow buddy, more please.
    Let's go find mama catbuds and celebrate!

3 feet, but a lot of gaps. The nuggets are starting to get dense and are really sugary, so despite the stretch and gaps, it should still add up to a decent harvest. Some of this is due to the variance in these f1 seeds. A couple of the plants have a distinctly tall, lanky habit, maybe reflecting the Sativa in their father's genes. But I also think heat stress caused some of this and that is something I must work on when rebuilding the grow rooms.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718