Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1726 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Being in pain & not able to get high

So on fri 11/22/13 I was driving to work @ 6:15 but I had to drop off my bf first. He was driving & all of a sudden we see cop lights, we couldnt tell where they were coming from, all of a sudden BOOM, a 18 wheeler clipped the back of my car right by the back left tire. My car turned vertical(this was on the highway going 65) & the truck was pushing us. The truck finally stopped but we kept going spinning(it was dark & rainy), we hit an embankment caught air & my car rolled 4x all the way to the westbound side(we were going east.) Ive never thought I was gonna die before, but I did then. Anyways my bf(driver) ended up with his top 3 ribs broken, a broken collar bone & dislocated shoulder. I ended up breaking my leg & shattering my whole ankle. I had emergency surgery & thank god they put all the plates & screws in & did a good job. When I got out of the hospital yest i just wanted to smoke. I smoked a j of good bud(the j was kinda small but I didnt even feel it. Could it be because Im in so much pain? Or do I just have to smoke more? Oh and one more thing does weed help w pain? I live in CT so theres no rx for weed here, but I cant bear any weight on my leg for at least 5-6 months which means Ill prob be smoking alot. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!! Sorry so long.
    jeng1128 Reviewed by jeng1128 on . Being in pain & not able to get high So on fri 11/22/13 I was driving to work @ 6:15 but I had to drop off my bf first. He was driving & all of a sudden we see cop lights, we couldnt tell where they were coming from, all of a sudden BOOM, a 18 wheeler clipped the back of my car right by the back left tire. My car turned vertical(this was on the highway going 65) & the truck was pushing us. The truck finally stopped but we kept going spinning(it was dark & rainy), we hit an embankment caught air & my car rolled 4x all the way to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jeng1128
    So on fri 11/22/13 I was driving to work @ 6:15 but I had to drop off my bf first. He was driving & all of a sudden we see cop lights, we couldnt tell where they were coming from, all of a sudden BOOM, a 18 wheeler clipped the back of my car right by the back left tire. My car turned vertical(this was on the highway going 65) & the truck was pushing us. The truck finally stopped but we kept going spinning(it was dark & rainy), we hit an embankment caught air & my car rolled 4x all the way to the westbound side(we were going east.) Ive never thought I was gonna die before, but I did then. Anyways my bf(driver) ended up with his top 3 ribs broken, a broken collar bone & dislocated shoulder. I ended up breaking my leg & shattering my whole ankle. I had emergency surgery & thank god they put all the plates & screws in & did a good job. When I got out of the hospital yest i just wanted to smoke. I smoked a j of good bud(the j was kinda small but I didnt even feel it. Could it be because Im in so much pain? Or do I just have to smoke more? Oh and one more thing does weed help w pain? I live in CT so theres no rx for weed here, but I cant bear any weight on my leg for at least 5-6 months which means Ill prob be smoking alot. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!! Sorry so long.
    Hi Jennifer;
    You probably can't get high due to: 1) Weed to weak--so smoke as much as it takes.
    2) Medication you are on may be blocking that affect
    There are other factors. with your information though--it is probably one of the above.

I'd suggest you bake your weed in delightful things to eat, to make it be more of a pain medication and the effects last longer! If one of you are able?

Sure sorry to hear of all those broken bones, though. I managed to go over a cliff a few years ago--just 7 broken ribs, was pretty lucky. Being stuck with little I could do, I discovered pain management here! Dig around the archives and you'll find some great recipes.

You two are going to need some serious pain control for about 8 weeks, making concentrates like rso work much better for long time pain control. Plus, it should help along the 'healing' process and hopefully make the next few months fly by. Good luck to you and your Boyfriend--What a bad day you had.

Be sure to exercise you legs and prevent any embolism's. Both of you! That is a serious risk with fractured bones.

:rasta: pr

btw, I am unable to get high due to disease; but a certain strain fixed that for me recently! So, it could be a strain issue, as well.

Taking a couple hits off a joint every half hour to see if it helps, if you still don't feel it, wait part of day til your body adjusts, try taking a few hits every so often, no since smoking all that if the effects are blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by painretreat
    Hi Jennifer;
    You probably can't get high due to: 1) Weed to weak--so smoke as much as it takes.
    2) Medication you are on may be blocking that affect
    There are other factors. with your information though--it is probably one of the above.

I'd suggest you bake your weed in delightful things to eat, to make it be more of a pain medication and the effects last longer! If one of you are able?

Sure sorry to hear of all those broken bones, though. I managed to go over a cliff a few years ago--just 7 broken ribs, was pretty lucky. Being stuck with little I could do, I discovered pain management here! Dig around the archives and you'll find some great recipes.

You two are going to need some serious pain control for about 8 weeks, making concentrates like rso work much better for long time pain control. Plus, it should help along the 'healing' process and hopefully make the next few months fly by. Good luck to you and your Boyfriend--What a bad day you had.

Be sure to exercise you legs and prevent any embolism's. Both of you! That is a serious risk with fractured bones.

:rasta: pr

btw, I am unable to get high due to disease; but a certain strain fixed that for me recently! So, it could be a strain issue, as well.
    Horses mouth!
    That is excellent advice!
    All I can add is;
    When in your shoes, I found that a good set of earphones and quality music, combined with the right strain of cannabis, potentiated the pain masking effect.
    Music does indeed "soothe the savage breast".

Aloha, and sympathy,
    Weezard

Jennifer; Smoking it sort of wastes the medicine you desperately need.:thumbsup: pr

I dont know if you guys ever heard of this but Im on suboxone. From an old addiction I had(another story.) But it means that any opiate based pain med(which im on feytanal patches,15mg oxycodone & 8mg dillaudid for breakthrough pain. A normal person wouldnt feel a thing but my suboxone blocks most opiates. Thats why when I had to spend the weekend in tbe hospital i had a j in my cig pack but i couldnt even get outta bed let alone smoke it.
    The problem w edibles is:neither of us are cleared to drive, so I have to rely on my friends bf who lives 3 houses down & its expensive so dont you need alot of pot to make edibles? I bought a gram yesterday & my bf cant smoke bc if he coughs hes in excrusiating pain. So my friends lije you smoked that whole gram already? I bought an eighth. I just emoked 2 bowls so kets see if that helps.