Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1611 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

What's in the "dregs" left over when making MJ butter?

All the recipes I've seen recommend throwing away the plant material after the THC is cooked out into the butter. I actually stopped squeezing out the butter and throwing away the dregs, just because it's easier and less messy to leave out the filtering. I just put it all in a bowl and let it cool.

What I've read all say the remaining plant material is useless. However, I'm thinking that there are tons more ingredients in the pot than THC, and even CBD. Probably most of them haven't been isolated yet. Maybe some of them are not fat soluble like the THC is (is the CBD fat soluble? who knows?) and so why throw them away.

Taste considerations aside, what do you think?
    parchugas Reviewed by parchugas on . What's in the "dregs" left over when making MJ butter? All the recipes I've seen recommend throwing away the plant material after the THC is cooked out into the butter. I actually stopped squeezing out the butter and throwing away the dregs, just because it's easier and less messy to leave out the filtering. I just put it all in a bowl and let it cool. What I've read all say the remaining plant material is useless. However, I'm thinking that there are tons more ingredients in the pot than THC, and even CBD. Probably most of them haven't Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

What's in the "dregs" left over when making MJ butter?

I eat it all. It's potent enough that you don't have to choke down a bucket load of edibles to get the effect.