Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1668 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey It's jeffdogg's Grow Journal!!

Hey there , welcome to my first LED grow. Its actually gonna be the first in a 3+ grow part series. So heres hows its gonna go. I'm doing it this way to test different "variables" I
    guess you could say to how well these LED's perform. The first grow in this series I'll be growing 5x Barneys Farm bluecheese, 5x Barneys Farm Sweet Tooth auto, 1x Barneys Farm Acapulco
    Gold and 1x DNA Genetics Chocolope Kush.

I'm gonna veg 20/4 for 3-4 weeks so the photo's can get a little age/growth and also so the beneficials can start to do their thang. Then i'm gonna initiate flower, now i've been
    contemplating this. I can either keep the light schedule at 20/4 and see if i can make a divider in the room so I can "shade" the photo's so the Auto's can get plenty of light. Or
    just go 12/12 and see what these lights can do with the Auto's (going with the 12/12 ). Like I said i want to see variables not the usual testing (to those who have their own tests know what im saying lol).
    Oh yeah there were 2 other strains!

The Chocolope Kush and Acapulco Gold, well they are gonna veg for 3 weeks with the other ladies then i'm gonna take them to a special room for the time being and they are gonna become
    mother plants for the second installment of my series. CLONES!! come on we gotta do a clone run and these are 2 kick ass strains. I'm excited about the Chocolope kush I hope it will have
    more of the Chocolate Thai pheno then the Kosher Kush. Either way its a winner so its cool

Gonna end with these pics, more details to come

Jeffdogg Reviewed by Jeffdogg on . Hey It's jeffdogg's Grow Journal!! Hey there , welcome to my first LED grow. Its actually gonna be the first in a 3+ grow part series. So heres hows its gonna go. I'm doing it this way to test different "variables" I guess you could say to how well these LED's perform. The first grow in this series I'll be growing 5x Barneys Farm bluecheese, 5x Barneys Farm Sweet Tooth auto, 1x Barneys Farm Acapulco Gold and 1x DNA Genetics Chocolope Kush. I'm gonna veg 20/4 for 3-4 weeks so the photo's can get a little age/growth and also Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what's to come on your grow and use of LEDs. Are you comparing different variables by changing settings on one light/array, or comparing different LED arrays totally? I just purchased a high powered LED myself, so I'll be following your grow. What is the info on your LED?

Good luck!

I've been very curious about LED's, super stoked to see what happens man!

Happy Growing :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by d00g
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what's to come on your grow and use of LEDs. Are you comparing different variables by changing settings on one light/array, or comparing different LED arrays totally? I just purchased a high powered LED myself, so I'll be following your grow. What is the info on your LED?

Good luck!
    Hey there , the unit is called the Bud Boss 3

the 305 isn't on there ATM I believe its sold out, but they all have the same tech in the series. Very cool LED's, Yeah one test I was thinking about seeing how much of a difference between using 1 and 2 arrays, also equipment I like the idea of air pots and 2 3gal and getting 5 of the 2gal equiv for the Auto's. Gonna let 3 Blue cheese grow in regular 3gal to compare to the 3gal airpots. For the clone grow I think that will be a better run to test the LED's for penetration. According to a couple sites the Sweet Tooth Auto kinda grows like one long cola with very little branching at the bottom. The Blue Cheese i'm gonna top maybe top some for 2 cola's and some for 4 see what produces more . Thanks for stopping by guys, heres a vid I made for the LED's kind of an unboxing. Like first video ever so its not good but I like the light so much I gotta show it off

Bud boss - YouTube

Oh hell yeah!

Those look BOSS! Sweet video man. Can't wait to see more of your set-up!

Just a small update for the Chocolope kush followers, she was the first of the 12 to break ground. Already dominating,not sure if you guys know but in Dec last year High Times dubbed Chocolope Kush the "New World Champion" Will take a few pics even though only one broke ground so far ;P

By the looks of it 8/12 has broke ground so far

Heres a couple pics of the Chocolope Kush

Attachment 296237Attachment 296238

Small update,
    Mother nature can be cruel sometimes, 1 BC and 1 AST has yet to crack, i might put them back in water. The rest are doing fine and the pre-test seed i'm using to see how far away to keep the lights is doing well and growing green Still has the bleached parts but not getting the damage anymore. I'm gonna be taking some pics here soon the Chocolope Kush is looking nice, thats gonna be one tough plant to beat! I wanted to try to harden them off a little but its been rainy and crap around here . They'll be fine though they are going in bigger pots tomorrow, mainly because of the Auto's.

Got some Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Tarantula, and Bud Candy otw

For growing medium i'm using:

Peat moss
    Perlite
    Dolomite lime

(I dont measure it out, just go with it :thumbsup: )

gonna give a quick summary of things.

One of the 2 Acapulco Gold clones made it through, I'm glad one did the plant they came off of was going down and fast from nute burn and over watering.
    when I first cur her the bottom 2 leaves that you see are damaged were on her and I think one more leaf but that fell off. All the rest are new and she has been under the LED the whole time pretty much. She is looking very good nice short inter-nodes can tell she is gonna want some nutes soon looking a bit light.

the bag seed is doing good as well besides the discoloration, short inter-nodes as well was a little surprised since its from seed. So far these lights from Growevolution.com are doing very nice. I will be transplanting today (the auto's for sure), the Acapulco gold seed is growing kinda slow, also had to help it get the seed shell off of it since it was clamping the cotyledons together (mean seed!!). Ok so got the other 2 that didnt even crack yet back in water. I dug around and checked em out nothing was happening

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast