Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1399 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Any Insight?

I find myself in a unique position. Company "A" has made a job offer, (I accepted) - conditional upon completing drug screen (5-panel NON-DOT), hearing and vision (baseline) testing. Company "B" has made an offer as well (also accepted), have been given a start date with out any mention of a drug test or anything. What is the chance that Company "B" will spring a test on the first day (or week). Is it legal? Both companies knew that I had multiple offers. BTW, I live in Illinois.
    tenbongs Reviewed by tenbongs on . Any Insight? I find myself in a unique position. Company "A" has made a job offer, (I accepted) - conditional upon completing drug screen (5-panel NON-DOT), hearing and vision (baseline) testing. Company "B" has made an offer as well (also accepted), have been given a start date with out any mention of a drug test or anything. What is the chance that Company "B" will spring a test on the first day (or week). Is it legal? Both companies knew that I had multiple offers. BTW, I live in Illinois. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Any Insight?

Is there anything on the employment app of Company B that mentions drug test?

Did you notice any form of signage (ie "We Are Proud To Be A Drug-Free Workplace", or "Drugs Dont Work Here", etc) tacked on the walls/bulletin boards of Company B?

Any Insight?

I did not see any signs, and I usually look for that sort of thing. I do not remember seeing anything on the application form, but I cannot be sure. I have asked the HR rep if I could have a copy of my application for my records, we were exchanging e-mail and I asked for it, but have not gotten a reply.

Any Insight?

Hmmm. About the only thing I can offer at this point is hoping that Company B is among the tiny handful of companies that do not drug test. I believe veteran member "jeffman" has a thread somewhere in the forum that contains a link to some database of companies that dont drug test. You can probably do a search of jeffmans threads/posts and try to locate that thread.

How sweet is the offer of company B in comparison to Company A? (ie; salary rate, benefit packages, working conditions, etc)

Any Insight?

On the application it says "I authorize pre-employment testing for the presence of drugs/alcohol and understand and agree that the results will be released to" Company B. My start date is supposed to be December 2, maybe I will hear about it by then. Like I said before I already have a start date, and normally I find out right after I accept an offer. Is the first day still considered pre-employment?

The offers are comparable. There are pros and cons to both regarding the job itself. I think my best course right now is to take the DT for company "A" (subbing) and see how that goes - first time - I have never taken a DT before.

Any Insight?

Success!! I start at company "A" on Monday. I subbed w/ a friends sample. Company "B" seems to have a different approach than what I am used to. They have you test sort of whenever in your first few weeks. It turns out that I know someone from a prior job that works there and is friends with the person who would be my supervisor. I have had many offers in the past few years and this seems like it is pushing the legality a bit. Is it? Anyway, thanks to everyone in this forum, I would never have had the stones had I not read up and PRACTICED. :thumbsup: