Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1654 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Can I Keep My Plants Alive Year Round

where can i find a faq to get this done?
    Skyrimgrows Reviewed by Skyrimgrows on . How Can I Keep My Plants Alive Year Round where can i find a faq to get this done? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

yeah i just had a harvest 3 weeks ago but left the main plants with some braches and its starting to die off and ive been watering it once a week with no nutes in it.

Just put them under 24/0 lighting and they should re-veg.

Aloha,
    Weezard

as was aforementioned before in a post that has since been deleted, my grow is of the outdoor variety and 24 hour SUNLIGHT just doesnt exist whrere i live, maybe it does and , i just dont recall the sun up in the sky for longer the 18 hours ??? Go figure

Well now, that's a much sweeter reply.

And it wasn't just your grouchy post that didn't make it.
    A bunch of posts disappeared.
    They are migrating to new software, so expect glitches.
    And while you did forget to mention that it was outdoor, I should have figured that from the forum it was in.

The usual method is to take cuttings of the flowering plant and start them indoors.
    You will need all your skills getting the cuttings to root because they take a while to reveg. first.
    If, for whatever reason, you can not do that.
    It can still be done.

I have no idea where you are actually located.
    That makes a big difference.
    (In Antarctica, and the Arctic you would see 24 hour sun but might need a heater. )

Here's a method that worked for me, in a place that's frost-free.
    Took a dustbin and mounted an LED array and a small fan in it.
    It's powered by solar cells with a battery backup and will work unattended:
    Attachment 296145
    The fan moves air and uses positive pressure to exclude bugs.
    Works well, if you are close enough to pop it off in the AM and back on at dark.

If it's somewhere that the light won't attract attention, you can cut out the south side of the bin and wrap with saran.
    Then check it once a week.
    I used to to extend the veg time of a heritage Indica. (We have long nights all year).

And FYI, I'm a reasonably intelligent, 70 year old, gentleman.
    Been growing since the '60s but I'm just now starting to get the hang of it.
    In that time, I have learned a little
    Let me know if I can help.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Ah Wheeze, you are much too modest! & under the circumstances, much too kind. & you know as well as I do that there was a caring & kind administrator behind the disappearing posts!
    ---- well, before I had scolded you for being rude to Wheezard, in my deleted post, I had also told you another way of extending light length outdoors. If it doesn't freeze in your area, simply install a common street light above your plant in the MH or HPS variety. Of course it won't be close enough to aid in growth, but it will be close enough to fool the plant into thinking the day length is longer. Weeze was right in recomending 24 hrs. 18-24 hrs would better 'fool' your plants.

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    Ah Wheeze, you are much too modest! & under the circumstances, much too kind. & you know as well as I do that there was a caring & kind administrator behind the disappearing posts!
    ---- well, before I had scolded you for being rude to Wheezard, in my deleted post, I had also told you another way of extending light length outdoors. If it doesn't freeze in your area, simply install a common street light above your plant in the MH or HPS variety. Of course it won't be close enough to aid in growth, but it will be close enough to fool the plant into thinking the day length is longer. Weeze was right in recomending 24 hrs. 18-24 hrs would better 'fool' your plants.
    why is it that im in love with your post , thanks for that kind of info , how come i couldn't of thought of that my self DUh no no it not that simple but im hopes that in my environment, it suburban and i have neighbors in proximity of about 4o feet that might pose a problem but i have thought through and im just gonna have to cover em , so simple indoor grow meditated to the out doors thanks for the reply genius , im have fun with this little project

Well, covering them at night will protect against the cold, but you'll still have to lengthen the hours of light or the plant will think its season is done & over & die during the shortest days of the year. If you can cover with say a huge trash can & put a cfl in there too, that would work & your neighbors wouldn't see it at night. But remember, you'll have to do this untill May. (Take the can off during daylight hours). Does that seem do-able for the size/ location of the plant? If the size works, but you still need to hide in the day too, Wheeze sugested cutting a window in the south side of the can & covering the hole you just cut with clear plastic wrap. (I think that was in one of the deleated posts). If you can manage to make this work, by next harvest you should have an even larger harvest than this years.

Last resort?
    Read this thread;

http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...oof-enjoy.html

You can grab a garden spade, sharpen the edge and dig an outdoor girl up for revegging.
    The sharpened spade becomes a root-pruner.
    When you get her out of the ground, prune the bottom too and plop her in a container and put that under lights someplace warm.
    Will it work?
    Probably. Perhaps not.
    But, doing nothing is an assured fail.

Aloha, and good luck.

Weezard

Re-vegging is one option but it can concume a lot of your time and also add up to the bill especially if them weed plants need to be put under 24/0 light. Why don't you just clone your weed plant so you can grow the exact same strain you have and so desire to stay alive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast