Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1336 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Noob, help?

Hi I'm new here an I have a stealth Hydro kit setup, with Flora series mutes, bubbleponics setup ect...

First question is there an App for this site?
    My computer is garbage an I have no way of uploading photos from my phone, an that sucks because seeing it will be better then describing it.

So I planted the seeds an now 2 have started to sprout up, they don't have leaves yet, an the other one is trying to, the 4th one has yet to.

So 2 stems are up, one is curled up, an one is still in the Rockwool cube.

I'm not sure when to turn the lights on...
    Should I wait for the other 2 to sprout up then give them lights (cfls) 24 hours a day?
    Or give them lights now?
    I've got 4 plants.
    I've got one lamp will that be sufficient enough?
    They are in the 6 pod setup.
    Also if I then on the lights will it not allow the other 2 plants to form a stem?
    Should I just give it another day an wait until they all sprout before lights are on?
    Also when they sprout an gain 2 leaves that means they are in the vegetative state correct?

Sorry for all the questions, I am nervous an want to make my girl grow a good one.

If anyone has any ideas on an App for the iPhone or something I can use for a way to upload pictures that would be great, like I said my computer is garbage an I really would like to just take photos an upload them from my phone directt into the thread.
    DanteDemont Reviewed by DanteDemont on . Noob, help? Hi I'm new here an I have a stealth Hydro kit setup, with Flora series mutes, bubbleponics setup ect... First question is there an App for this site? My computer is garbage an I have no way of uploading photos from my phone, an that sucks because seeing it will be better then describing it. So I planted the seeds an now 2 have started to sprout up, they don't have leaves yet, an the other one is trying to, the 4th one has yet to. So 2 stems are up, one is curled up, an one is still Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Noob, help?

Attachment 296072Attachment 296069Attachment 296074Attachment 296070Attachment 296071Attachment 296068

So as you can see this is my entire setup, an those are the 2 seedlings that are Doing well an the other 2 I am worried about.
    Now that I've figured out how to work the picture uploading, can anyone help?
    Will the other 2 plants be fine?
    Should I have added all 3 flora solutions to the water?
    Will the other 2 catchup?
    An is my setup okay?
    Like is their any suggestions you guys can give me as this is my first grow?

Noob, help?

Do they have any lighting right now??....and why would you give them 24 hour light? Unless you are growing outdoors in Alaska, where the heck is it light 24 hours in nature?
    You only have One lamp? You mean one CFL For the seedlings? That should be fine until they are up and have a few leaves.... but Your's came up with just stems??
    Dude...pics please.

Noob, help?

Quote Originally Posted by DanteDemont
    Hi I'm new here an I have a stealth Hydro kit setup, with Flora series mutes, bubbleponics setup ect...

First question is there an App for this site?
    My computer is garbage an I have no way of uploading photos from my phone, an that sucks because seeing it will be better then describing it.

So I planted the seeds an now 2 have started to sprout up, they don't have leaves yet, an the other one is trying to, the 4th one has yet to.

So 2 stems are up, one is curled up, an one is still in the Rockwool cube.

I'm not sure when to turn the lights on...
    Should I wait for the other 2 to sprout up then give them lights (cfls) 24 hours a day?
    Or give them lights now?
    I've got 4 plants.
    I've got one lamp will that be sufficient enough?
    They are in the 6 pod setup.
    Also if I then on the lights will it not allow the other 2 plants to form a stem?
    Should I just give it another day an wait until they all sprout before lights are on?
    Also when they sprout an gain 2 leaves that means they are in the vegetative state correct?

Sorry for all the questions, I am nervous an want to make my girl grow a good one.

If anyone has any ideas on an App for the iPhone or something I can use for a way to upload pictures that would be great, like I said my computer is garbage an I really would like to just take photos an upload them from my phone directt into the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMB
    Do they have any lighting right now??....and why would you give them 24 hour light? Unless you are growing outdoors in Alaska, where the heck is it light 24 hours in nature?
    You only have One lamp? You mean one CFL For the seedlings? That should be fine until they are up and have a few leaves.... but Your's came up with just stems??
    Dude...pics please.
    I just posted pictures I suck at explaining this, but hopefully the pics help, should I have more lamps?
    What can I do to aid the other 2 plants that are looking odd?
    I think they tried growing but the Rockwool cube was too compressed and that's what made them grow weird I think that's what did it.

Noob, help?

Looks pretty good man. 24/7 light won't hurt them any, it's all about preference (some growers think it speeds up the veg process). The rock wool cubes look a little damp which is fine but I've had some gnarly mold grow on mine from being wet and humid for a long period of time.

As far as two doing good and 2 doing bad...ehhhhh, they all grow a little different and at different paces.

I'd say one more light for now wouldn't hurt and just keep checking on them to see what happens.

I've got a similar set-up you can check out and ask more questions if you need to. Every set up is different but, weed is called weed for a reason...shit will grow damn near anywhere lol

Happy growing bud :thumbsup:
    Happy Growing :thumbsup:

Noob, help?

I am so happy to finally hear feedback, man it's like I've been holding my breath an I can finally breathe!
    Thanks man an that's good I got an extra light, I am running CFLs, I can throw another one up there.
    Do you think for the 2 that aren't lifted, I should stick a toothpick in the Rockwool to raise it slightly?
    Like use tweezers gently to raise it, and get it to the toothpick?

Also for the Rockwool, the drip hoses should I keep them off the Rockwool cube?
    Like they are inserted to where they drip ontop of the cubes.

Maybe I should get them off the cube a little bit so it's not always drenched ?
    Also if I add the second light that won't hurt it right?

Also when they start blooming more should I add more nutes?
    I only have 1/4 of each Flora Grow, Flora Bloom, An Flora Micro, in there now.
    Should I start adding 1/4 each day for like 3 days until I'm at maximum nutes ?

Sorry for all the questions but, how do I know that they have entered the vegetative state?
    When they have 2 leafs?
    An the vegetative state ends when I chose to end it?
    Like when I'm satisfied with the height an then switch to the 2700k bulb, an switch to the 12 hours a day of light?

Sorry I have so many questions, I just read several tutorials an I'm all nervous...

Noob, help?

agree that it looks too wet... for starting seedlings, or even small clones, you're better off IMO in keeping them in a small cube and small tray (a cheap clone dome) so that you can better regulate the moisture... rockwool should be wet, not dripping soaked... a nice cheap clone dome keeps the humidity a little higher too while roots and early leaves develop.

Yeah, 18+ hours of light, CFL is fine for now... I hope you have SOME light on them now lol... don't really understand that question about if it's time to turn the lights on...

Just upload images to imgur.com and embed em in the forum... easier than using the image uploader here
    Current Favorite Strains: Mob Boss, OG Kush (Pre \'98), Girl Scout Cookies (all of them)

Noob, help?

I lost one of my original mother plant clones to Mold, too much moisture and it got mold above and root rot below. Looks like those little guy's are growing, the two "mutant" ones just need to straighten up and unfold.
    I had great luck germinating in soil, just stuck 'em in dirt in a cup and put the dome over them in a windowsill facing West. No water beyond moistening the soil when I planted the seeds. I'm a newbie, but 8 of 9 seeds in potting soil grew and 7 of 8 with clones in potting soil lived so far. Shit grow's like a weed. :smokin:

Noob, help?

No need to be nervous man, just make sure to check them frequently so you can make the changes needed as you move along. As far as lighting and all your other questions I'll just tell you what I do....which works for me but might be "wrong".

So, as far as I'm concerned your seedlings are pretty tender right now...they don't need an extreme amount of light and/or nutrients. What they do need is 70-80 temp and 40-50% humidity. Don't necessarily follow the instructions on your nutrient bottles quite yet, because most nutrients I buy are not specifically made for "baby cannabis" plants lol. I rarely mix my nutrients either, so hopefully some one else on here can help you along those lines.

So what I would do, which again could be completely "wrong", is lower the water level in your reservoir so that the rockwool isn't getting drenched constantly. I don't use drip hoses and never have...so I'm no help there. I may add more of the hydroton pebbles on top of what you already have, it reduced some of the moisture in my room at least.

Once the plants do get a couple of leaves, drop those CFL's 4-6 inches from the top...if you are you using a DWC system similar to mine (I can post more in depth pictures on my thread if you want) leave the nutrients at half for two weeks...don't add more nutrients just add more water if the container looks low. I like to mark mine so all it takes is a quick look to know if I need more water or not.

As far as blooming, you're a long way away from worrying about that. I know you want those buds to start coming in and stinking up your grow room ASAP but truth is time and patients is key for growing these plants. I have to stop myself all the time from getting too far ahead because it's so exciting to see them grow and grow.

Anyways hope this helped answer some questions man.

Happy Growing:thumbsup:

Noob, help?

P.S. Two CFL's for these little suckers should be fine for awhile. Maybe add another one or two after a week or so.