Quote Originally Posted by Chromophore
Papapayne next time around I want to work on making my own soil. I'll undoubtedly be peppering you with questions.
To be honest, you should start making the soil now. Organic soil needs a little bit longer to break down and "cook". A MUST READ is TGA subcools guide to super soil. He has it in hightimes and all over the internet. Its the definitive hands down best soil to make for beginners and is very clear and concise. If you cant find it I can get you a link. And I am happy to answer any questions

Foxfarms is mostly a chemical type nute especially all the extra additives that their line up they has. Its a great product though and is used with great success by many growers. With organic living soil you feed the soil biology not the plant. That's the main difference, at least to me. So like I make 2 batches of compost tea a week. one for flower and one for both veg and flower. Both batches get earthworm castings, molasses, catalyst by earth juice, and depending on which batch making, either fossilized bat or fruit bat guano, and either fish meal or kelp meal this is then aerated 48 hours with water pumps. It costs about 40 bucks to get the bucket and pumps and like 100-150 bucks to get the supplies to actually make compost tea, but that same 150 bucks invested has lasted me 3 flower cycles (big plant counts to, each plant gets a gallon of tea and 9 months worth of veg time now.
papapayne Reviewed by papapayne on . Soldiers Co OP Led Test grow Some of you may know already know me, but for those that don't, I am pretty active long time RUI forum member. I have been growing for a few years now, have had successful outdoor and indoor harvests. I am disabled army combat vet, and I run a legal non profit Co Op grow for a group of disabled veterans and a few of their wives. Anyways, I was asked by growrevolution to test out some new LEDS they have released onto the market. I am pretty excited to see the newest technology in growing, so Rating: 5