Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1575 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Is this normal with Rick Simpson oil? Please help!!

I have been helping someone with stomach, lung, liver and other cancers throughout the body including tumors in the intestine which gives him so much pain he cannot eat, he has started taking the oil about 3 weeks ago, he was taking .1 grams three times a day and was sleeping for 20 hours and was very stoned from it, after about 2.5 weeks he said he was feeling the effects less but was still sleeping allot, they decided to up the dose because the cancer is at such a late stage to 1 gram a day from .3 grams a day. they had him on 1 gram a day for 4 days and it really really knocked him out! sleeping around 24 hrs a day can't control parts of the body (urinating during sleep) the family was very worried for him, they took him off 1 gram to let him come back so they can communicate with him and make sure he is not dying. its not been 18 hours since he took his last gram and he is still very stoned! how many day could it take him to come back? Also after a couple days of being off until he is back, the plan is to go back to .1 per day and keep letting him slowly build up the tolerance.

Can anyone help with personal advice who has gone through the treatment? is it normal to sleep so much and so heavy? the man taking the treatment has lost ALLOT of weight before he started taking the oil his body is very weak as well from not being able to eat so much from the pain and has recently had a drip attached that goes all the time. I'm wondering if that is effecting his tolerance, and I am wondering how long it could take to build up the tolerance? Any suggestions advice or anything?
    Also, We had thought about trying to keep him awake more during the day while he goes back to .3 per day. Is this a good idea or what should they do? Here is another predicament, the doctors are saying he will not last until christmas, I and the man taking this and a couple other strongly believe this will give him much much much longer than that for sure, but the children and other family members are worried if the oil does not work for him and he passes away he will have just slept throughout the last days of his life, so they are worried about giving him more so he just sleeps all the time or to lower and be able to spend time with him or to give him allot and hope for the best! its a tough call on the family I totally understand. I just would like to get some other thoughts in on this please!

And last does anyone at all know of any contact I could get of a doctor or medical professional who could help me to reassure the family that everything is ok? any email or anything at all, it would be a huge huge huge help!

Thank you all very very very much!!
    travelworld42 Reviewed by travelworld42 on . Is this normal with Rick Simpson oil? Please help!! I have been helping someone with stomach, lung, liver and other cancers throughout the body including tumors in the intestine which gives him so much pain he cannot eat, he has started taking the oil about 3 weeks ago, he was taking .1 grams three times a day and was sleeping for 20 hours and was very stoned from it, after about 2.5 weeks he said he was feeling the effects less but was still sleeping allot, they decided to up the dose because the cancer is at such a late stage to 1 gram a day Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

In my limited experience tolerance can build rapidly.
    1/3 of a gram per day, even of exceptionally potent oil, should not knock him out for more that the first 4 or 5 days.
    However, none of my patients has cancer in the liver.

Sounds like the oil is stacking up behind chemo toxins and not getting processed normally.
    That's just a guess, I'm not a doctor.

I'll make another assumption here.
    I sounds like that oil was derived from mostly Indica type cannabis.
    If this is the case, blend in some Sativa derived oil to lessen the soporific effects.
    He'll still be very stoned but will be able to stay awake and might even become animated and talkative.

Here are some links that should help;

http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...nabis-oil.html.

We all owe McDawg for that thread!
    Mahalo McDawg!

Any way we can help? Don't be shy.

Aloha,
    Weezard

@travelworld42

I hope I'm not too late -

I too want to know the answer to your questions - as I would like to offer RSO treatment to my liver cancer patients.

I will say that WITHOUT RSO treatment - sleep is a very bad sign ... And an end stage sign of liver failure. The alertness is somewhat there in the last week. They can respond with a head nod - short sentences - but in that last 3-7 days - they will be forgetful and very sleepy.

The first signs of liver cancer - like with any cancer - is just being fatigued all the time. In liver cancer patients start to get edema (swelling in the legs normally occurs) and ascites (swelling around the abdominal area). The liver cleans all the blood - so as the liver becomes less effective - it cannot handle the flow of the blood - so it starts to pool in various parts of the body. As time goes on the liver continues to fail and you notice signs of jaundice (yellow tint in skin) and icterus (yellowing of the eyes). Within that month a noted decline would be seen - low appetite - very lethargic - lots of sleep -

As the liver continues to fail - and an increase of ammonia in the blood occurs - extreme lethargy follows - the only way at this point - or most effective way - is to utilize lactulose - it helps bind to the ammonia and you get rid of it by having bowel movements - 3 or more per day is ideal -

As a rule of thumb - at least my own from experience - if a person does not eat or drink anything for 3 days - the patient will more than likely pass within that week (give or take a few days).

The hardest part is the vicious cycle - need to have bowel movements to increase coherence which gets rid of some ammonia - the decrease in the ability to even move to take bowel movements without soiling yourself - the decrease In coherence to even want to eat. The rawness of their anus to not want to keep taking lactulose - suffering and dignity play a role in the end -

The only comfort I could bring families and patients is that it mostly is a death that has lower amounts of pain - and the most amount of coherence til the end (versus the prolonged confusion of other terminal diseases).

I see your post is dated November 6th - and it is November 16th - as I've stated from the beginning - I hope I'm not too late - and even if I was - I'm hoping you could share your experience with us (I hope it's ongoing at this point) - so we can learn from experience and not theory.

TAT
    Im a hospice RN

Hey!
    First thank you weezard for your time and reply! I thought I had wrote that but then I remember when I came back for the new post that I didn't finish typing it... internet problems.

And @freextatu its been a really up and down ride! he will go in for a check up in two weeks now, Because he has this stomach lining cancer he has mad pain eating anything and everything so much that he is on a drip all the time and the family is trying to get him to take down nutrition shakes, they brought him down to .1 again on the oil per day so he is at least a little here. We had guessed the lack of food could be playing a huge part in how strongly the oil is effecting him. They will try to give him kale shakes with hemp seed oil and all kinds of green stuff to get him some vitamins and minerals and he will just have to deal with the pain for it but we are hoping in the long run this will help him in so many ways.

When he takes the oil and gets sleepy and forgetful and stoned, because the doctors don't know anything about the medicine they just think he is dying, so they will take him off the oil for a day and see that he is still conscious and normal but in an incredible amount of pain. they are afraid if he takes the oil and just sleeps and is stoned that one day he will just not wake up. But ever time they take him off he is ok. they will be now increasing the dose of the oil again slowly to get as high as they can without the problems which have occurred before. We think by him having food of some sort this should really help with the side effects.

So far he is still alive, The day before he took the oil he was sure the next day he would be dead and that was almost 6 weeks ago, I wonder if the oil is playing a big part in keeping him alive this far and I am very anxious for his check up in two weeks.

Its really super nice to read what you have written, I will share the news with the family and keep you updated with what I hear in about a week.

Thank you guys very much!

Travelworld42

Hello Travelworld42!

I hope that your friend feels better by now!

I was wondering if there are any news that you can share with us... My mom has cancer as well and we just heard about the RS treatment..

Did it eventually help?? Is there any information that you consider crucial and you feel like sharing with me??

Thank you in advance!

Hey everyone! Sorry I have not been writing in a long time! sadly our friend has left us. Altho we did notice allot of benefit with the oil, I believe having the liver and stomach cancer made his experience very hard as well as him getting the oil to late. Thank you guys for your help! Please Kafkaz let me know how it goes! my only advice now is get the oil as soon as possible and work your way up! and stay on that upward climb until you reach a gram and stay there! don't go back on the amount, if one day she is taking .5 don't go back to .3. but its also important to build up slowly so she will not have any bad experiences. Best of prayers to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kafkaz
    Hello Travelworld42!

I hope that your friend feels better by now!

I was wondering if there are any news that you can share with us... My mom has cancer as well and we just heard about the RS treatment..

Did it eventually help?? Is there any information that you consider crucial and you feel like sharing with me??

Thank you in advance!
    The best resource on the internet is right here: http://boards.cannabis.com/concentra...son-oil-3.html

Good luck:thumbsup: and please keep us posted with your results! :rasta: pr

first let me say I am sorry for your loss, wether he was a close friend or just a patient, no one should have to go through what he went through. second have any of you heard of juicing? i saw you started to feed him kale drinks which is amazing but there is so much more to it. cannabis oil and raw food diets are nearly one in the same when it comes to 'magical' healing properties. Fat Sick and Nearly Dead | a Joe Cross Film is a great video (free on netflix i believe). also, i was going to suggest a physic medicine called Effexor. I am no doctor or even a nurse, but let me tell you, i went from having panic attacks from one puff to smoking up to 3 grams of chronic a day, and if i had the chance i would have gone higher. now the question is 'would effexor have been safe in this man's particular situation?' i have no idea...but we won't ever know effexor is an antidepressant medication, which did wonders but like all big pharm meds, it had it's down falls. withdrawals are TERRIBLE, i had no appetite (which is one reason i turned to cannabis), and it seemed to make me feel more depressed. I am off effexor now and my tolerance dropped, despite my transition to RSO (i learned how to make it myself in attempt to treat myself and possibly help others). my jaw is clenching my stomach is a mess, cannabis is making my body very anxious again, a minor side effect but one that i think might be to some use. what if your patient was able to safely go on effexor, and up his cannabis dose at the same time? here's the kicker, my girlfriend, a registered physc nurse, tells me that effexor RAISES YOUR TOLERENCE TO CANNABIS. am i not proof of this? I hope this helps someone... and again I am sorry for everyone who i am not able to help in time...with great power comes great responsibility :/ i wish i could help everyone... positive thoughts my friend