Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1683 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Cold Climate Strains

I was wondering if anyone knew of any strong strains that can flourish in cold temps and by cold I'm talking at the lowest the low 50s thinking about having a few winter only strains.
    iGanja Reviewed by iGanja on . Cold Climate Strains I was wondering if anyone knew of any strong strains that can flourish in cold temps and by cold I'm talking at the lowest the low 50s thinking about having a few winter only strains. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Cold Climate Strains

marijuana strains good for cold climate (based on research) are swiss miss and durban poison and early skunk too

Cold Climate Strains

Quote Originally Posted by sticky me
    marijuana strains good for cold climate (based on research) are swiss miss and durban poison and early skunk too
    Swiss Miss...Is this the strain said to be growing in the Alps? Must be really endemic and appropriate for cold climate only. Some say this strain is an offshoot of White Widow. Is this true?

Cold Climate Strains

Finally I got replies thank you I'll check it out do either of you know any outdoor strains that like for the most part extremely high heat and low humidity?

Cold Climate Strains

Quote Originally Posted by iGanja
    Finally I got replies thank you I'll check it out do either of you know any outdoor strains that like for the most part extremely high heat and low humidity?
    Choose from any of the sativa dominant varietes you could find from a respectable seedbank.
    Sativas are known to survive high heat and low humidity temps. This variety f cannabis is what you can find mostly in tropical countries as well as India and Nepal.
    I love sativa high by the way and just got Diesel for my next grow. It is of course sativa dominant. :thumbsup:

Cold Climate Strains

Freezeland was the best outdoor producer that I have found. This stuff grows in Northern Canada and can be taken as far as darn near freezing temps. It's really mold resistant. I grew it back in 2009 outdoors and harvested 6 pounds from 16 plants and only had mold issues on one plant. The only downfall with this variety is it's hard to find online. Very few companies stock it.

Cold Climate Strains

I've got a Black Domaic X Super Skunk, Black Domaic X G13, White Widow X Big Bud, and two Pineapple that have been out side for the last week. They are all doning good so far. It has gotten as low as 34, but stay's in the low 40's and 50's most of the time. I will let you know if they are still doing good are not in February, when it starts to warm up. I do cover them up at night, when it gets below 40. Other wise I just let them be. Good luck, and happying growing.