Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1503 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Clones taken from flowering mama will alway's be short and bushy?

Hey all, I just started my first real grow about 9/8 and I have clone questions. I took 3 clones from a plant I grew from seed that I kept in my outdoor greenhouse when it was about 3 weeks into flower. Long story, but they were re-vegged and all 3 were very short and very bushy but are very healthy.
    The mama was about 5' tall and "spindly" with a big head, so I don't get it. I did some reading and it sounds like that's "normal" for clones taken during flower and re-vegged, but here's the kicker.
    I took 4 more clones from the original 3, and they are all short and bushy too! I put 2 of the original 3 clones into flower and kept the 3rd as a mother, but will the short and bushy continue?....Clones will alway's be like that from the mama?
    Short and bushy is awesome, but I don't understand it after knowing the original mother was 5' tall. The 2 in flower were about 14"s tall before I started
    "training" them. IE: tying the taller branches down and "opening" the plants up due to how bushy they are. They are wider than tall with lot's of flower's now,
    so i'm not complaining, that's for sure.
    Anyway, any words of wisdom in regards to the clones would be great. :smokin:
    OMB Reviewed by OMB on . Clones taken from flowering mama will alway's be short and bushy? Hey all, I just started my first real grow about 9/8 and I have clone questions. I took 3 clones from a plant I grew from seed that I kept in my outdoor greenhouse when it was about 3 weeks into flower. Long story, but they were re-vegged and all 3 were very short and very bushy but are very healthy. The mama was about 5' tall and "spindly" with a big head, so I don't get it. I did some reading and it sounds like that's "normal" for clones taken during flower and re-vegged, but here's the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

When you take a clone you have all the potential of the parent, but you still have control of all the inputs that forming what the plant might do. Example height might be a function of your lighting scheme. Bud density can temp, nutrients. Have fun

Clones usually tend to be bushier than the mother it came off of. If you look the nodes off the main stem they should be alternating? This just means the plant is mature Enough to,and is ready to start flowering. Call it puberty if you will. Your skipping the seedling stage basically. In the end. .... it's normal. No worries.

Thanks for the replies. :thumbsup: I Just got done watering, those little "stumps" have about 5 levels of branches and are only 3" tall. Crazy little Ladies....and "mama" is a round ball, height and width match at about 12"s.
    This is too much fun.... i'm like a new dad every morning, Gotta run and see the kids first thing!

Stumpy mom, Stumpy clone and flower child.