Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1654 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How feasible is outdoor growing?

I live in Nebraska and ditchweed grows like crazy in the summer. These plants are not taken care of by anybody, yet they still thrive. Does that mean that it would it be easy to grow weed outdoors in the summer then? Obviously you would need the right strains for the environment, the right place to plant it, access to seeds, time to cure it, etc. But it seems to me that it would be fairly easy to do if ditchweed is already so common. Does anyone have any specific experience with this too?
    JDMonstar Reviewed by JDMonstar on . How feasible is outdoor growing? I live in Nebraska and ditchweed grows like crazy in the summer. These plants are not taken care of by anybody, yet they still thrive. Does that mean that it would it be easy to grow weed outdoors in the summer then? Obviously you would need the right strains for the environment, the right place to plant it, access to seeds, time to cure it, etc. But it seems to me that it would be fairly easy to do if ditchweed is already so common. Does anyone have any specific experience with this too? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

It is easy. Lots of information on site here. A separate sub forum for outdoor growing.

Welcome, JD.

What does easy mean to you? I grow at 42N. It's a huge pain in the ass schlepping all my stuff out to the gardens in the woods. However, as far as the plants are concerned, once established it's just a matter of making occasional visits to check in on them. They grow like crazy all by themselves.

Does seem to like the out doors, But like any lady it seems to love attention.

Hey! Mother natures on your side, so you're already half way there. But here's the part that bums me out. Ditch weed grows every where unmolested, yet we have to bust our asses hiding our beautiful cultivated grow. Jack ass backwards if you ask me. The audacity of a PLANT being illegal. What's next? Arresting kitty cats? Governments drip stupidity. Why are we not having a world revolution? But back on point. Yeah, your enviornment has already proven hospitable to cultivation, so yeah, go for it & good luck!

well as for indoors goes.. the exertion is very little effort now.with a timer and only water every other few days they'll be fine . do check in on them every day and use a fan to stimulate them like a breeze would do.. and clip anything that needs clipping.. but all in all dont really do anything and they seem to do fine .... either way i think you will find and be amazed at how easy it is to grow :rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterDoofus
    What does easy mean to you? I grow at 42N. It's a huge pain in the ass schlepping all my stuff out to the gardens in the woods. However, as far as the plants are concerned, once established it's just a matter of making occasional visits to check in on them. They grow like crazy all by themselves.
    I'm at 45ΒΊ Doof. Awesome yields and quality if nature cooperates.

I have a slightly longer growing season than Shovel. Dont know my longitude or latitude, but I'm zone 7 on the usda ag map. Droughts are rare here, biggest problem is too much rain most years & fighting fungus disease because of it (see older thread by Esteban called 'nasty east coast weather'). Any time you're growing stealth away from your home, its hard strenuous labor. You'd better be young & healthy to keep this up the whole season. I think the issue here was, is the dudes inviornment conductive to good growing? General consensus was, YEAH! :/

Grow season is determined by first hard frost, generally. I don't rush getting the plants out early. Up here on the Canada border they can go out May 1st, if you're lucky and it's not too cold and/or wet. If you start them indoors you can wait until July 1st and still have time to get four weeks of veg outdoors before they start to bud. June 1st is when our veggie gardens normally go in around here.
    That said, success growing outdoors is very strain dependent. You want strains that will finish in 8-10 weeks as most strains will usually start to bud the beginning of August and by the middle of October the good growing weather is done, frost or not.

the only ditch weed around here is the stuff that's so potent after smoking it you can't drive or you end up in the ditch. you get out what you put in........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast