Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1563 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Doesn't look right

Hi there! I've recently started growing my first and it's a little over a week in but I'm not sure what this brownish/yellowish discoloration is...should I be worried? I'm using Fox Farms Big Grow and Grow Bloom for the nutrients and using regular ph'd tap every other watering. I haven't seen any pictures of this so I couldn't figure it out. I'm using 200w cfl's as a hydro grow with coco and perlite. They're on an 18-6 cycle being that they're auto. Any help would be appreciated. Another note when I water them the pots aren't raised from the ground and I let it drain out that way in the smart pot. Could that cause a salt build-up on the bottom?Attachment 295915
    gavinci101 Reviewed by gavinci101 on . Doesn't look right Hi there! I've recently started growing my first and it's a little over a week in but I'm not sure what this brownish/yellowish discoloration is...should I be worried? I'm using Fox Farms Big Grow and Grow Bloom for the nutrients and using regular ph'd tap every other watering. I haven't seen any pictures of this so I couldn't figure it out. I'm using 200w cfl's as a hydro grow with coco and perlite. They're on an 18-6 cycle being that they're auto. Any help would be appreciated. Another note Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Doesn't look right

To sm & dark to see, but going by what you said, my guess would be nute burn. Dont feed seedlings untill they've put out a few sets of leaves. When they start growing fast is when they need feed. Untill then, those baby roots can burn, showing the symptoms in the leaves. When the growth rate picks up, they're telling you they now actually have a root system, instead of just that seedling tap root. ~~~ PEACE! ~~~

P.S. The roots are no where near the bottom, so that's not the problem. The salts are draw to the top of soil through evaporation. When soil goes bad on the bottom, its because its been kept too wet & sours (stagnates).

Doesn't look right

Thanks for the help! I read to start the nute's right away but now I know better. Gotta make mistakes to learn. Started using regular ph'd tap now and it's growing healthy!