Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1513 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Stealth Grow, photos to follow

After spending several months of lurking around on several sites, this site seemed to offer a lot more than some of the others. That is why I have chose to do a grow log here.

I have started with a small stealth box that measures 24 x 16 x 10. The inside is lined with Mylar and sealed with shiny duct tape. There are 2 pancake fans installed in the rear of the box, intake / exhaust. Lighting is 3 CFL bulbs, mogul bases with plug blades, plugged into a power strip. Grow bulbs are in now and we are on the dark cycle, so I canā??t give you the numbers on them but the bloom bulbs are 23 watt 27k. I used a red and blue sharpie to avoid mix up when you have those moments :stoned:

I have been working on the cabinet and fixing light leaks. There was quite a bit coming from the fan openings. I went to the home improvement in search of a 90 degree elbow. You may find them in the dryer section but this 90 is made of metal. I made a couple of cuts to the larger opening and made it square. Place tape over your wires if your fans are installed. Paint them flat black inside and out before the final install. Another check for light leaks, weā??re good.

I am using a temp/humidity gauge that I got at the pet store. It also keeps hi/lo readings for both. Humidity has been between 35 to 50 % and temp 82 to 78. Fans run 24/7. Lights on digital timer with two controlled recepts. 18/6 right now first week.

DWC tub with 3 net pots. Started 3 Strawberry Cough seeds. Two air pumps and 2 air stones. Sterilite tub was clear but painted flat black. Using two different lids I can do eight 2in. nets or three 3in which is what I am starting with. I will refer to the plants in the future as left, center and right.

I will be using Advanced Nutrients in my grow and using their calculator for adding nutes. Friday night was the week 1 starting at Ā¼ strength. Tub will hold 10 cups of water.

TDS of city water, out of tap was 65 ppm and 1 gallon of Crystal Springs ā?? Natural Spring Waterā? was 6 ppm. I will continue to buy different gallons and checking before I use. I have an RO unit but she is holding it hostage. A whole different story, for another time.

Right plant is peaking some green this morning. Left and back may be a day or two behind.
    I hope Iā??m on the right track:thumbsup:
    Maxed Out Reviewed by Maxed Out on . New Stealth Grow, photos to follow After spending several months of lurking around on several sites, this site seemed to offer a lot more than some of the others. That is why I have chose to do a grow log here. I have started with a small stealth box that measures 24 x 16 x 10. The inside is lined with Mylar and sealed with shiny duct tape. There are 2 pancake fans installed in the rear of the box, intake / exhaust. Lighting is 3 CFL bulbs, mogul bases with plug blades, plugged into a power strip. Grow bulbs are in now and Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Seems like a nice little setup so far I'm also on my first grow looking to do dwc in the future so I will probably be keeping track of your log.

Good luck

Thanks man. I don't know, still looking for concrete answers but I have learned something so far. This is just like when I started with SW aquariums. So much info, so just try something and try to improve on your mistakes.

So it has almost been a week and have suffered a slight set back. DO NOT TRUST ANYBODY'S WATER LABEL. You know where this is going... anyway after getting a pH meter, TDS meter, and some pH Up & Down, we are set to try again. The "right" plant has at least 2 sets and the left is just starting to show. Nothing to report on the center net. I am going to attempt to get the CO2 setup finished and put on a trail run.

Toke on Dude!:rasta:

Sounds like we have a pretty similar set up man! Can't wait to see some pics.
    Happy Growing :thumbsup:

Seems like every time I post it is in dark cycle. I got this sweet timer that is already set for grow/bloom 18/6 & 12/12. 2 recepts. Got stuff today to take care of pH problem and some VooDoo Juice.. Got some good measuring tools at vets office. Always keep an eye out for materials that can be used for other things that maybe cheaper. Be resourceful.

Toke on Dude! :rasta:

I hear that, seems like I'm always getting more and more stuff for my grow. Helps me determine what I like and don't like though. I'm tempted to grab some LED's next payday as well after seeing some of the posts on here! Anyway keep in touch man, have fun!

I wouldn't call that big ass CO2 tank stealthy lol but hell yeah man that's looking awesome! are you liking the cfl lights? I'm thinking about trying some LED bulbs here soon, just to see what happens I guess and this is the first grow in my cab. Anywho! happy growing bud, stoked to hear back from ya.

That is a 20lb bottle. I don't know how long it will last but I'll let you know how long it does last. Plant on the right has at least 2 set of leaves but isn't going up, and the plant on the left has grown at least 3/4 in the last day. Center plant hasn't done well so I put and bean in that pot yesterday.I think the plant on the left got a little brown tips on the first set of leaves. I didn't have a pH meter and I think that is what caused the brown tips on one set of leaves.

The pH was almost 8 so after a reservoir change I got it right about 5.6 to 5.8. pH down by Advanced Nutrients is what I used. I mixed my other nutes at 1/4 strength until week 3 or depends on how plants look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast