Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1525 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Snapped my plant clean off whilst looking for mites will it still grow help!!!

Attachment 295768Attachment 295768

As u can see from the pic two nodes appeared either side of the snap will they replace the stem its been over 36 hrs and hasn't wilted. (I threw the top that had come off which I think was pretty stupid after reading about super cropping!!!!)
    Parrylfc89 Reviewed by Parrylfc89 on . Snapped my plant clean off whilst looking for mites will it still grow help!!! 295768295768 As u can see from the pic two nodes appeared either side of the snap will they replace the stem its been over 36 hrs and hasn't wilted. (I threw the top that had come off which I think was pretty stupid after reading about super cropping!!!!) Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Attachment 295871Attachment 295872well here is what i have been doing to try to keep my plants short and shrubby.. hopefully this will help ease your mind.. every couple of inches i have been snapping off the stem.. and each place i have snapped of at the stem two nodes grew out and are doing great.. here is a pic to help explain what i've been doing and a end result i really hope this helps ease your minds :jointsmile:
    in the first picture you can clearly see where i snapped the stem and the two nodes grew out fine.. the second picture is of a more grown up plant that was put through same process. now wether or not that is the correct way in training a plant i have no idea as i am new to this , however it is working for me i hope that helps you out bro

In the future, see if it is possible to tie your broken stem back into position. Sometimes the angle of the node, or length of the break make that difficult. Plants are awesome, if it isn't exposed to air for too long the break may heal over. It'll always have an ugly bump there though, if cosmetics are your thing.