Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1695 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which is Better, 400w MH or 600w HPS During Veg. Stage

HPS is warm lighting, red spectrum. Aids in bud formation & trichrome production. Causes stretching, elongated stem growth. MH is cool lighting from the blue spectrum. Encourages healthy leaf growth, short stong stems & plant respiration. HPS in vegetative growth can cause long enternodes, weaker stretched stems that sometimes can't hold the bud weight, & a much taller plant that may out reach your grow areas height. You end up with much more stem & a spindly plant. If you have a choice, DON'T use any WARM light for vegetative growth.

2.   Advertisements

MH 400 watt is made for veg's so i would say MH no matter what. your hps is for flower,
    and do work for veg's to but you will get more out of the MH for veg's ..

--peace--

Some say MH could be better for flowering. I began growing indoors fairly recently. I wanted to grow organic. I got sold on the idea of flowering under metal halide only. The reason was to produce more resin. More uva(b?) and the plant protects itself with the thick coating of resin. Sacrifice a little yield for more potency. Sounds great for a personal grow. I now run HPS and MH side by side for flower. I do wanna do a HPS only flower. It's kinda funny that's what everyone does and I've never tried it. Interested if anyone else has flowered under just MH and what they thought about it?

Back to the thread sorry... My vote between the 2 is... A no brainier... No one veg's under HPS. Catbuds explained it well above.

The important part is flower. You could veg in a window, you can veg for a day. Some folks on here are popping sativa seeds and sending them straight to flower.

MH for veg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12