Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1989 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

How long should I keep my plant in the veg stage?

This is my first ever grow and I need a bit of help. I've done a lot of research but I have read so many different things. I'm growing what I'm told is 'cheese'. I'm wanting to know how long to keep them in the veg stage. I'm growing indoors in a tent and feeding them Coco A and Coco B. They're about 33cm now. I've read that they should be in the veg stage for 4 weeks but also read that they should be put into flowering before they reach a certain height. Please help!
    sak90 Reviewed by sak90 on . How long should I keep my plant in the veg stage? This is my first ever grow and I need a bit of help. I've done a lot of research but I have read so many different things. I'm growing what I'm told is 'cheese'. I'm wanting to know how long to keep them in the veg stage. I'm growing indoors in a tent and feeding them Coco A and Coco B. They're about 33cm now. I've read that they should be in the veg stage for 4 weeks but also read that they should be put into flowering before they reach a certain height. Please help! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

hey man its up to you how long you wona veg them im a first time grower to and i did veg for 1 month and then i did flower them

Different strains/plants will grow at different speeds.
    And there are several variables that influence growth speed.

Your plant will indicate it's readiness to flower by switching from branches growing symmetrically opposite each other, to branches that grow alternately from the main stem.

That says they are ready.
    But you get to say when.

When they are put into flower they generally double in height before they finish.
    That's the average.
    Some Sativa kine can triple and some Indica kine gain less than 50%.
    So, once they "go alternate" wait until they are about half the height that you want at the finish.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Thanks for your replies. I will put 2 photos up. They have now been in the veg stage for 2 weeks and 5 days.
    Attachment 295744Attachment 295745

This is my first grow and im week 6 my plan is another month of veg then flower as long as needed my understanding is ur flower till their ready no set time

How early you put them into flower depends on how big your space allows you to grow untill harvest. A lot of factors determine how long they flower/ ripen. Mostly genetics, but also nutes & lighting. The more you grow, the more you'll know, so learn as you go! Haha! Eat your heart out Shakespeare!
    --- Skim over the threads, read the post that apply to you, & when you have questions, just ask. Most of all, don't panic if something seems to be going wrong, just apply the first sentence of this paragraph. It's not as hard as it seems at first. Just remember it's a plant, a weed actually, & you've come to the right place for enlightenment! ~~~ PEACE! ~~~

P.S. Re-read Wheezys post to you. That's the best most condensed info you'll find for now & if you have more questions on the subject when you get to the flowering part of your grow, remember the first sentence of the above paragraph.

My present grow is in flower for 10 days and some are showing serious flowering already. These plants were about 2-3 weeks from seed when I put them into flowering. Some of the other plants were from 1-2 weeks of veg time. I usually go eight full weeks but this is a SOG sativa grow so I need many plants in a small space. These sativas will go from 10 weeks up to 14 weeks in flower.

Your decision on when to trigger flowering should be based on the height of the plants. They will double in vertical growth over the course of flowering. If you want small plants, trigger flowering when they are small about 3 weeks old. The point of watching the height of the vegging plants before you flower is important because if you don't have enough light to flower a large plant, then the bottom branches will never get enough light and wont fully develop. When this happens those branches are taking valuable nutrients and water away from the developing colas-resulting in small nuggets. I would flower them right now or, in a week, if I was you because this is your first grow, and you should get a nice harvest from those plants in the pics .