Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1341 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

I can't roll :(

Hey guys,
    I've wanted to try weed for a while, and I finally got the opportunity to try it a few months ago and loved it, so have smoked it every now and again since.
    The only problem is, whenever I've smoked it, I've been with friends who have been smoking it longer - so they've rolled it etc (a few of my friends are dealers).
    Recently I've started smoking more regularly and practicing rolling and I just can't get the hang of it,
    I'm from the UK so most people here mix MJ with tobacco but I prefer it without and I really need to figure out how to roll so I can smoke by myself sometimes, help!?!?!
    cannabanna Reviewed by cannabanna on . I can't roll :( Hey guys, I've wanted to try weed for a while, and I finally got the opportunity to try it a few months ago and loved it, so have smoked it every now and again since. The only problem is, whenever I've smoked it, I've been with friends who have been smoking it longer - so they've rolled it etc (a few of my friends are dealers). Recently I've started smoking more regularly and practicing rolling and I just can't get the hang of it, I'm from the UK so most people here mix MJ with tobacco Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Don't be a fucking dope. Don't mix nasty tobacco with the good herb.

You can get a little hand held cigarette roller to do the job. Found at tobacco stores & on line. Try on line head shops, some seed companies have their own shops.

hey man you can buy 1 of thees joint alu rolers its a alu joint you just roll your paper around and lick it then it has the shape it needs and you can just klick a filter in the bottom of the paper and fill it up 1 of my friENT's still have hes from when he started rolling and he do say :thumbsup: for thees things,
    he think its easy to use

ever use a dollar bill as a rolling machine? Anyone can roll a nice, tight, cigarette-looking joint.

Well you've come to the right place. Here's HOW you practice rolling... Suggest that you practice this method in private so that the bros don't give you a hard time. Items needed are; Something to smoke of course, larger papers in the 1.5-2.0 range, a nice material grinder and in case a safety net is needed a pound note. In the U.S. our notes are the same size as rolling papers in width, Your pound notes are not and will be difficult to use but easier than without if you have problems rolling freehand. OK, Take material being careful to remove all stems no matter how small. Take your paper, which most have a fold exactly in half already. If there is no center fold you'll need to make a fold. Then, On the non glue end make another fold which needs to be 25% of the paper size, we'll call this our quarter pocket. Take a pinch of material proportionate to the size of paper and pile it on one end inside the quarter pocket. Repeat this for the other end. do not pack it down or compress it in anyway. What you should be seeing is a quarter fold with 2 small piles at each end with an empty spot in the middle. Make sure your fingers are able to maintain grip on the paper, if you need to moisten your fingers alittle do that, but not too much or the paper will tear. Then, using your thumbs and forefingers on both hands form the smoke, rolling the material between the unglued quarter pocket. Putting the quarter pocket between your pointing fingers and middle fingers on both hands begin sealing your smoke. While holding your smoke between your fingers use both your thumbs to tuck or roll the end of the paper into itself. Use your fingers to maneuver the paper and your thumbs to twist or roll. Once you have the quarter pocket tucked and your roll started use your thumbs and pointer finger to finish up. The tighter you pinch at this stage, the tighter your smoke will be. Lick the glue and finish pressing on any creases that might leak. There you have it, enjoy!
    Si Vis Pacem para bellum

Yeah, there's all sorts of gizmos to be had, but if all else fails, get a pipe, pack a bowl! Less cough & choke for me with a bowl anyway. Back in the day when I mostly smoked joints (before I got old & wheezy from too many cigs), I always kept a bowl on hand for when I ran out of papers. But untill you get the hang of rolling, free hand or with a device, having a bowl handy works. ~~~PEACE!~~~

Mm, I was going to suggest the dollar bill method, but didn't think I could make it understandable. That's a great way too! Even works when you're so stoned someone has to help you sit up! LOL! Back in the early 70's I had a bamboo roller used the same way. Loved it! ~~~ PEACE! ~~~

P.S. I've always had long nails, & once I'm stoned off my ass, I used to do this to keep from poking my nail through the paper. Hey, couldn't give up the nails, they're my guitar picks.

hello. since you are a newbie, may I suggest a vaporizer? these were not at all popular or known when I began some 30 years ago, and the health benefits are tremendous. they negate all the health damage reported by smoking the medicine. they are very simple to use, but you still need to remove the stems and seeds.