Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1681 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

I have a question.

I will be moving from El Paso to San Antonio soon, and I really want to take my beautiful pipe with me. The problem is, I've smoke A LOT from it.

So, my question is, can I get my pipe past border patrol dogs if I soak it in alcohol?
    gottasmoke13 Reviewed by gottasmoke13 on . I have a question. I will be moving from El Paso to San Antonio soon, and I really want to take my beautiful pipe with me. The problem is, I've smoke A LOT from it. So, my question is, can I get my pipe past border patrol dogs if I soak it in alcohol? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I have a question.

No problem.

Clean it, (just because), then seal-a-meal it and pack it.
    No ziplocks they are not vapor tight.
    If you are really worried, pack it "stink-tight" and ship it to yourself.
    I hear the food is better in the federal lockup.

Aloha,
    Weezard

I have a question.

Generally speaking, if you overnight mail it you can a) Have better case for deniability if you can put a fake return address on it. b) overnight packages are not screened as much as normal parcels. If possible, do not use a commercial service such as FedEX or UPS as they are not subject to 4th Amendment protection since it is a company. Mail sent through USPS is protected, and cannot be searched without a warrant.

I have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by IgotQuestions
    Generally speaking, if you overnight mail it you can a) Have better case for deniability if you can put a fake return address on it.

That is not good advice.
    Unless it is a legitimate address it will flag an inspection.
    You can however, use the sending address.
    That pretty much says," if there's a problem deliver it anyway
    ."

b) overnight packages are not screened as much as normal parcels. If possible, do not use a commercial service such as FedEX or UPS as they are not subject to 4th Amendment protection since it is a company.

That is correct.

Mail sent through USPS is protected, and cannot be searched without a warrant.

This is partially true.
    First class mail has the full protection of the 4th amendment.
    Other classes are murky.
    Always send first class.
    I had a small package of weed intercepted and got a call from a guy who claimed to be a postal inspector.
    He said he had a package addressed to me that smelled strongly of marijuana and that he needed my permission to open it!
    I said, "That's funny, I haven't ordered any, and no, you do not have my permission."
    He got all huffy and said he could get a warrant.
    I said "Do what you gotta do man, I have no package in my possession so can not give permission.
    All very friendly, but firm.

Seems getting a warrant for small packages is not that easy.
    If he was for real, he probably tried and failed, then called me as a last resort.
    Or, he could have been a mail thief worried about prosecution for mail theft, ah dunno.
    But, I never heard another thing about it.

Aloha,
    Weeze.

I have a question.

keister it...

oh, and Happy Growing :thumbsup:

I have a question.

I meant fake as in not your true sending address, not something like 123 Fake Street... for obvious reasons. It really depends on the circumstances. You just want as much deniability as possible. But perhaps I'm being overly cautious. I've generally used a friend's address instead of my own when shipping.

All overnight mail is first class. First class and express are the only ones sealed from postal inspection, yes other classes are subject to random searches. That is why I recommend overnight when it is something of questionable legality such as this. Yes, warrants are near impossible to get for packages. It's hard to show cause for opening or searching a parcel. UPS and FedEX are exempt from this because the protection from unlawful searches does not apply to private protection, only from governmental.

But Weezard is right, packing it as sealed tight as possible so it isn't obvious what the package contains.