Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1463 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Nirvana, Mandala, Secret Valley Seeds, Freebies

Hello, I am new here. I have been on multiple grow forums and to be honest my robotic personality seems to of got me banned from a large portion of those forums. However, here is to a new start! I have been trying to figure out how to run a large amount of seeds at a time, I am also on a quest to run all of Mandala and Nirvana strains just for fun since they are rather cheap. I have grown multiple strains from both breeders, AK48, Northern Light, White Rhino from Nirvana more than 5 years ago. From Mandala I've run Point of No Return, and Hashberry. Mandala has some very stable, sturdy, hardy, and all around solid smoke. However when I grew out White Rhino from Nirvana I found a really nice plant, and since then have been looking for similar genetics. I really like working with Skunk and Northern Light gene lines and will use a lot of the genetics I have here to run a whole bunch of seed for fun.

Now I grow rather simply, I use 400W, 600W, 1000W setups, all HPS. I like to veg out with fluorescents, be it T5, T8, or compact fluorescents. I do vertical and horizontal growing, and I use a blend of MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom for my nutrients plus tap water. I will be germinating in all perlite set in a warm area, seed directly into moist pHed perlite, lid placed on top, and then set in a warm area. Now to go over what I have popped...

Mandala - 10 pks

1. Kalichakra

Nirvana - 10 pks
    1. White Rhino
    2. Northern Light
    3. Wonder Woman

Secret Valley Seeds - 10 pks
    1. Northern Flame

Freebies - Reg (2 per pack)
    1. Granddaddy Purple Seeds - Ken's Kush
    2. Delta 9 Labs - Sativa House Mix
    3. Hazeman Seeds - Blue Bubba
    4. World of Seeds - Wild Thailand

Freebies - Fem (1 per pack)
    1. Humboldt Seed Organization - Trainwreck
    2. Humboldt Seed Organization - Bubba Kush
    3. Humboldt Seed Organization - Amhurst Sour Diesel
    4. Humboldt Seed Organization - Lost Coast OG
    5. Humboldt Seed Organization - Green Crack
    6. Humboldt Seed Organization - Desert Diesel

Also when ordering from Attitude Seeds I actually bought a 5 pack of the Northern Flame from Secret Valley Seeds, but for some reason they gave me a 10 pack. I am not complaining, 5 extra chances to find some really nice Northern Light so I am game. Anyways, everything was popped today, I hope this helps a lot of people decide on seeds they want, and I will be trying to run all of Nirvana and Mandala strains. For fun, and to provide some detailed grow logs that I find lacking with a lot of the breeders. Any questions feel free to ask away!

indicadom Reviewed by indicadom on . Nirvana, Mandala, Secret Valley Seeds, Freebies Hello, I am new here. I have been on multiple grow forums and to be honest my robotic personality seems to of got me banned from a large portion of those forums. However, here is to a new start! I have been trying to figure out how to run a large amount of seeds at a time, I am also on a quest to run all of Mandala and Nirvana strains just for fun since they are rather cheap. I have grown multiple strains from both breeders, AK48, Northern Light, White Rhino from Nirvana more than 5 years ago. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Here is an update, not sure how many days later this is I didn't really look at the first post's date before posting. So, it looks like I was being a little ridiculous and for some reason planted the seeds way too far down into the perlite. I knew too it was too deep, so I checked on one of the seeds today and sure enough they were all searching for light. So I went through and uncovered the half inch of perlite resting on top of these seedlings and hopefully they will make a nice recovery. Everything went smooth except for that, and it seems I have only had 2 of the seeds not germinate on me, even though there are a few weak seedlings throughout the bunch only two didn't germinate. Surprisingly it was one of the Kalichakra from Mandala. I've always had great germination rates from Mandala, and would of said since 10 papaya from Nirvana at one point didn't crack for me and 8/10 WR didn't crack, however I chalked that up to some error of the Gods. Anyways, here are some pictures hopefully people might find this method a bit easier for starting seed.

Here are the containers, simple, clear, cheap, lids, with 4ft. T12 (1) 5000 SPECTRUM (1) 3000 SPECTRUM
    Attachment 295686
    Here are the freebies...
    Attachment 295687
    Here is the Kalichakra
    Attachment 295688
    Left side Nirvana NL Right side Secret Seeds Northern Flame
    Attachment 295689
    Top Nirvana NL - Bottom Nirvana White Rhino
    Attachment 295690

Now I grow rather simply, I use 400W, 600W, 1000W setups, all HPS. I like to veg out with fluorescents, be it T5, T8, or compact fluorescents.
    and yet you use T12 tubes ..:wtf:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    and yet you use T12 tubes ..:wtf:
    And?

Another update, still feeding pHed tap water. I might start giving nutrients in the next 2 or 3 days, we'll see.

Here are the freebies, looks like the Delta 9 Sativa Mix didn't make it, didn't pop, or was weak so got pulled. Also the Humboldt feminized Trainwreck didn't make it either for the reasons listed previously.
    Attachment 295738
    Here is the Kalichakra, only one didn't germinate.
    Attachment 295739
    Here is the NL and the WR, all 10 of each popped and one of the NL's popped two seedlings from one bean.
    Attachment 295740
    Here is the WW and the Northern Flame, all 10 of each popped.
    Attachment 295741

Once the seedlings get a little bigger and adjust to the climate a bit more I will move them to individual containers and swap out the lights for 440W of CFL.

Here is another update, I got really annoyed with the perlite, and transplanted to perlite in cups, and some cups I had perlite/vermiculite. So I threw together a system so that I could run a ton of clones or small seedlings all off the same res, something to promote small flowering plants. I am not sure how this system will work out, first time using it so we'll see what happens. I plan to just take one clone of each plant, and then throw them immediately into flower under a 400W HPS. I am vegging with the 400W HPS and 210W of supplemental CFL, not sure how big the plants are going to get, just switched them to half strength MaxiBloom and tap water. I had a little pH issues, but all is well now.

All the Nirvana is on the left, the rest is on the right, not sure if you can make out which is which but I will label them once they get a bit bigger and display more characteristics.
    Attachment 295979

Here is another update, you can start to see which plants are taking off. I was still having a few pH issues, kept climbing on me but everything is stabilized now and growth should start kicking into gear. I also am about to swap the containers, I am not very pleased with these cheap blues ones I got, most likely will use the tride and true black/yellow 27 gallon totes.

All the Nirvana
    Attachment 296065

The Kalichakra, Northern Flame, Regular Freebies
    Attachment 296066

Another update, I got tired of the blue containers, switched to the yellow/black 27 gallon tote with wheels. Also since I was going to remove all the weakest plants and put them in a separate area I had to switch the pvc connections up a bit. Not really much work at all, I am looking forward to using this with a bunch of clones.

All nirvana is booming basically, lots of the regular freebies are either super indica or a little small and being outgrown.
    Attachment 296147

Here are the weakest of the plants, under 210 CFL, I will get a list together shortly of which ones I moved to this container.
    Attachment 296146

Alright quick update, no pictures this time. I put as many of the plants as I could into flowering so I could get them sexed. I moved all the freebies into another container and removed all the weak and tiny plants that didn't come up to snuff.

I also have been picking out males, so far...

(3) WR - Nirvana males
    (5) Kalichakra - Mandala males
    (1) Wonder Woman - Nirvana males
    (4) NL - Nirvana males
    (2) NF - Secret Valley Seeds males

Now I did remove a lot of weak Northern Flame, and a lot of weak Wonder Woman. So the numbers don't necessarily represent out of 10 plants. I am going to reveg the plants I have now, wait for them to put on a lot more height, clone them, then run them, and then test them. I am going to most likely pick the top 2 males, and one female from each group of genetics. I already have a male Hashberry X Point of No Return, so I wanted to have 3 males with diverse genetics, and a good amount of females to keep. I was going to produce seed with all say 6 females and the 3 males and see what kind of variety I get, I want to run a few thousand seeds like this and see what comes up!