Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1580 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Am i doing it right

Ok after movin luckily right down the road to a much bigger house. Iv changed a few things this what i have set up. Am i going bout it right any advice anyone have anysuggestions

Right now my girls my girls are in our second living room down stairs. The room is probably 18x18 with a 8 foot ceiling. Their sitting under a 600watt blue mh light with the light bout 3 foot off the top of the plants. Iv got 11 plants under the light. All the plants are completely covered in light.
    My soil is 50/50 ocean forest and happy frog
    Im using jugs of distilled water with no nurts at the moment.
    Plan is to add nurts at about week four or so
    Plan is to veg under the 600watt light then go to 1000 hps for flower

One of my concernes is amount of watering. Right now where using bout 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon per day. I think its not enough the plants are only bout 7-8 inches high but its only getting the six inchs or so of dirt around each plant wet. Should i be watering them more.
    Second concern is light distance the loval hydro shop told me bout 3 or foor feet from the top of the plants is that right for the 600watt mh bulb
    Bigsexy85 Reviewed by Bigsexy85 on . Am i doing it right Ok after movin luckily right down the road to a much bigger house. Iv changed a few things this what i have set up. Am i going bout it right any advice anyone have anysuggestions Right now my girls my girls are in our second living room down stairs. The room is probably 18x18 with a 8 foot ceiling. Their sitting under a 600watt blue mh light with the light bout 3 foot off the top of the plants. Iv got 11 plants under the light. All the plants are completely covered in light. My soil is Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Am i doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsexy85
    My soil is 50/50 ocean forest and happy frog
    Im using jugs of distilled water with no nurts at the moment.
    Plan is to add nurts at about week four or so
    Will the high-octane soil mix provide enough calcium and magnesium? That could be a problem using the distilled water.
    At the least, I think you should be adding some molasses into the water, every few times. It'll feed the soil and add some cal & mag.
    The plants don't use much cal & mag, but the distilled water has none.

Am i doing it right

I was wondering that. I guess the hydro shop likes me after the discount on the light and such he threw me a free nurt kit it has the 2 veg ferts two bloom verts and a thing of molasses in it. Ill look at it see what it says and add some

Am i doing it right

Don't use distilled because you are missing out on valuable nutrition that's in the tap water (micro nutrients). You should be filling 5 gallon buckets of water out of your bathtub and let them sit overnight to evaporate most of the chlorine, then PH adjust to 5.5-6.5. this way you wont see deficiencies from calcium and magnesium.

During fast growth you might have to water every day. Keep the soil moist at all times, it should never completely dry out to the point of plants wilting and the soil dry as dust. A good way to check is stick your finger in the soil and if you feel it moist in the top 2 inches of the soil then its ok, but if you don't feel much or any moister then it needs watering. You can transplant into larger pot sizes with more soil so that it will stay wet longer.

11 plants cant flower properly under the 1000W hps, there's not enough light. Maybe half that would work, but ideally 3-4 plants for a 1000w unless they are very small plants. The MH light seems a little bit too high from the plants, you should have the light as close as possible without burning the plants. Put your wrist between the light and the tops of the plants, if the light feels uncomfortable(hot) for your arm, then the plants would also be uncomfortable with that much heat. So lower the light until you think the plants are getting the most light, but not to much heat. If you have a fan blowing on the canopy this helps the tops to stay healthy and unburned from the heat of the bulb so you can get the light closer.

Am i doing it right

We added two more lights split them between two 600 watt lights alittle closer to the lights

Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook