Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1537 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Leaves Curling up and turning Brown/Yellow

Hello, so I planted this seedling not expecting much out of it. To my surprise, I think it's done pretty well so far. However, it recently started really curling up, especially the older leaves. Then it really started to turn a nasty yellow and somewhat brown. It's about 14 days old, and I transplanted it yesterday (admittedly probably a mistake). I'm using a 150W LED grow light, and a mixture of Miracle Grow potting soil, bone meal, and compost for soil. I've been running the light nonstop, and only today did I turn it off for 6 hours. Also, I read that maybe the humidity is low so I laid out some pans with water to hopefully raise it. I have a fan as well that's blowing between the light and the plant. This is a closet grow, so air circulation is a problem, but I do try and open it up as much as possible. Please help, I'd really like to save this guy.

Attachment 295288Attachment 295289Attachment 295290
    burke715 Reviewed by burke715 on . Leaves Curling up and turning Brown/Yellow Hello, so I planted this seedling not expecting much out of it. To my surprise, I think it's done pretty well so far. However, it recently started really curling up, especially the older leaves. Then it really started to turn a nasty yellow and somewhat brown. It's about 14 days old, and I transplanted it yesterday (admittedly probably a mistake). I'm using a 150W LED grow light, and a mixture of Miracle Grow potting soil, bone meal, and compost for soil. I've been running the light nonstop, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

They don't like the soil they are in.........

So I moved it to some potting soil I bought earlier this morning. It actually is bouncing back. But the leaves were curling upwards before this happened, and they still are. Why is that?

dude it takes time to get them healthy again

Hello again. My plant made a full recovery and the new foliage looks as healthy as ever. Thank you so much for the help.