Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1643 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Ready to harvest?

This is my first grow and I have a couple of questions. I have a small female (one stem)who's flowers' hair is starting to turn brown on the top of the oldest and biggest bud,smaller and newer underneath. The trychs on the top bud are still clear. I have read somewhere that some people cut the large fan leaves to add strength to the buds. Should I do this? Will it compromise the smaller buds? If The top bud is ready, can I cut it off and let the smaller bud below grow larger? Would it be too late? I would be grateful for any advice.Attachment 295202Attachment 295203
    Slinger1 Reviewed by Slinger1 on . Ready to harvest? This is my first grow and I have a couple of questions. I have a small female (one stem)who's flowers' hair is starting to turn brown on the top of the oldest and biggest bud,smaller and newer underneath. The trychs on the top bud are still clear. I have read somewhere that some people cut the large fan leaves to add strength to the buds. Should I do this? Will it compromise the smaller buds? If The top bud is ready, can I cut it off and let the smaller bud below grow larger? Would it be too Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Ready to harvest?

cutting the few precious leaves would be a mistake. They don't hurt a thing but help everything.

Ready to harvest?

Thank You! How about cutting the top bud and leaving the rest to expand? Would that be traumatic to the rest of the plant?

Ready to harvest?

You could try the top, in fact the week to dry it, try it, might be time to take the top again.

Ready to harvest?

I would let them grow for 3-4 more weeks maybe 5, they have a long long way to go
    I just harvested today, a couple plants the same size, same pots ect.
    here is what it looked like right before I chopped them

Ready to harvest?

Thanks again to all who responded. This one plant was an experimental grow. I plan to sow several short strains next spring in my vegetable garden so I will probably be asking more advice. As for short strains with a quick grow period,I have found 2 that might fit the bill. Betty Boo and Auto #1. If anybody out there has a suggestion on any other strains I could use. I would be grateful. One last thing, I LOVE THIS SITE!

Ready to harvest?

You could add a White Skunk Auto, if you want to. They are short, compact and powerful. I read on a site one time that they tested the effect of the orange hairs, and found no thc different between 50% and 90%. Good luck, and happy growing.