Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1450 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Mystical Purple

While tending the plants a few days ago I had a busted branch on one of my purple plants. The genetics of this strain are unknown. It was bag seed from a bag of Silver Haze, at least that's what my guy said it was. I have found no reference to a purple variation of Silver Haze so I am assuming it is some sort of cross but I can't say for sure.

Anyway I wanted to share some photos. This bud is about 1-2 weeks from being done. The trichomes are almost all milky with a few amber and a few clear. When you look at this plant in the sunlight it appears to be sweating. A very pretty flower that is purple from start to finish.

Attachment 295061Attachment 295062Attachment 295063Attachment 295064
    built2spill Reviewed by built2spill on . Mystical Purple While tending the plants a few days ago I had a busted branch on one of my purple plants. The genetics of this strain are unknown. It was bag seed from a bag of Silver Haze, at least that's what my guy said it was. I have found no reference to a purple variation of Silver Haze so I am assuming it is some sort of cross but I can't say for sure. Anyway I wanted to share some photos. This bud is about 1-2 weeks from being done. The trichomes are almost all milky with a few amber and a few Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Mystical Purple

that is purple. delicious buddage, Bub!

Mystical Purple

Wow dude! Just ripe enough to be really sweet, Ummmm! Any seeds? Would be interesting to breed.

Mystical Purple

I would like to get it to seed some day. I tried to cross it with some SAGE but I don't think I had any luck with that. For now it's a clone only plant.

Mystical Purple

Quote Originally Posted by built2spill
    While tending the plants a few days ago I had a busted branch on one of my purple plants. The genetics of this strain are unknown. It was bag seed from a bag of Silver Haze, at least that's what my guy said it was. I have found no reference to a purple variation of Silver Haze so I am assuming it is some sort of cross but I can't say for sure.

Anyway I wanted to share some photos. This bud is about 1-2 weeks from being done. The trichomes are almost all milky with a few amber and a few clear. When you look at this plant in the sunlight it appears to be sweating. A very pretty flower that is purple from start to finish.

Attachment 295061Attachment 295062Attachment 295063Attachment 295064
    OK! It may very well have been from a bag of Silver Haze.. you cant really argue that. Just becase the mother was Silver Haze doesn't mean that the male that pollinated it was Silver Haze. Just something to think about.

Mystical Purple

Right on man. I can't say for sure what the genetics are but I must say I do like the end result. One thing I can say is this plant does not like nutes. Good soil is all I can use. I tried to add some bloom boost at 1/3 strength and got some pretty serious burn. Heck I got burn just from the rich soil on one plant. However the same soil prep and the same nutes and my AK flourished and begged for more.

Mystical Purple

Its amazing how different the requirements can be from one strain to another. I've had nute burn suprise me a time or two also. Light requirements vary from strain to strain too. I'd been growing an indica strain (bag seed) under some trees pretty well, nice compact, tight buds. Then I planted something different in the same spot, also bag seed, sativa dominant. Tiny buds, light & fluffy. Almost looked like grass seed tassels. That one needed full sun. Sometimes it takes more than one grow to get it right when you go to a different strain. Thats one of the reasons I usually stick to a strain for years once I get one I really like. I don't like surprises, they're not always good.

Mystical Purple

Right on Catbuds, this is the first year I set out to grow this purple. Last year it caught me by surprise, I never expected to see purple nugs like that from bag seed that was not purple. Next year I hope to learn more about the plant and it's nute requirements.

Mystical Purple

I got to agree with catbuds. I'm not one to jump around from strain to strain. It's good to develop a strain specific regiment that you build on over the years.

Mystical Purple

I like surprises, good surprises. I've been mostly pleased with buying breeder strains over bag seed or my own seed projects. 50% of my outdoor this year was breeder seeds, 50% f2s. My present indoor grow will also be around 50/50.