Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1475 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

PLEASE HEAR MY PLEE! Pre-employment drug test

How is it going everyone?

Please, I really need some feedback on this unfortunate situation. Please everyone, any advice will be appreciated greatly.

I'm female, 1.66cm and weigh 56kgs. Not much fat at all. Did a lot of smoking during my highschool days, then abstained during my 4 years at college. Afterwards, smoked very seedy weed which i jammed at the tip end of a cigarrette for the last 2 years. The potency of the bud wasn't really that strong. One hit of it jammed into a cigarette and I was buzzed for half-an-hour. I had about 5 of these cigarettes everyday for the last 2 years. I stopped this after I found out that I will be required to do a pre-employment test. To be more exact - I've abstained for almost 5 months now, though I haven't exercised at all. Kept hydration at a moderate level, ate healthy everyday except weekends. Didn't drink alcohol either. I'm a small-ish girl, relatively fast metabolism.

I tested myself 4 days prior to the drug test. My first void of the morning. I inserted a 5-panel drug testing stick, and the result was a very clear NEGATIVE. Clear lines everywhere. I was happy. Knowing this, I was confident I was clean enough to do the test.

Fast-forward to now...It looks like I'm in deep you-know-what. Went for the official drug test yesterday. Very comprehensive where they draw blood and collect a 45ml urine sample. The testing facility looked advanced. In the morning I had a large sandwich, and some water. Also voided twice. Went to m employer, and was told to go to the testing facility. Got there after lunchtime, having eaten a portion of fatty chicken strips and had a bit more water. I could feel my hydration level was a bit low. And it showed. My void was very yellow (gross).

I gave them my third void in the day. Filled the cup mid-stream. With the color being so yellow, I started to freak out. I couldnt replace it after I already voided into the cup.

Ok...so about half-an-hour later, the testing facility called my employer and told him I need to go back to give a second urine sample. I was devastated when I heard this. Went back, drank 2 cups of water along the way, and barely voided. About 20ml. All of it mid-stream. Color still darkish yellow. Gave cup to testing facility. They said the amount was ok and that the results will be released on Monday.

I'm going nuts ever since yesterday.

Do you guys think they found traces of thc metabolites in my urine? Surely it cant be all that much seeing as I've abstained from it for almost 5 months now?! Has this ever happened to anybody before??? The fact that they asked for another urine sample is a hard pill to swallow since I'm pretty much sure its to confirm that traces of the drug is in my system. Please, can someone please confirm this, or even explain this to me?
    TheOneForYou Reviewed by TheOneForYou on . PLEASE HEAR MY PLEE! Pre-employment drug test How is it going everyone? Please, I really need some feedback on this unfortunate situation. Please everyone, any advice will be appreciated greatly. I'm female, 1.66cm and weigh 56kgs. Not much fat at all. Did a lot of smoking during my highschool days, then abstained during my 4 years at college. Afterwards, smoked very seedy weed which i jammed at the tip end of a cigarrette for the last 2 years. The potency of the bud wasn't really that strong. One hit of it jammed into a cigarette Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

C'mon people! you are reading this and not saying anything....please, give some feedback

Please exhibit some patience. You have to understand that not only registered members can read your posts, but unregistered individuals (aka "Guests") can read your posts too and drive up the view count. Guests just cannot make posts/threads until they've registered and become members.

Now moving forward..

The fact that they asked for another urine sample is a hard pill to swallow since I'm pretty much sure its to confirm that traces of the drug is in my system.
    What makes you think this? Theres many reasons why a collection facility asks for another sample. For all we know, there probably was an accident in the handling and processing of the first urine sample (ie; spillage, etc). It has been known to happen.

One for you, you're over thinking this thing & giving yourself a major anxiety attack. Calm down, have some chamomile tea. You don't want to appear anxious in front of a prospective employer, & anxiety isn't good for your health. ~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~

Thank-you for the reply Burnt, apologies for being impatient...
    If I could just ask the following:
    -As you briefly stated, testing facilities can call individuals back in for a re-test when something went amiss on the first test. Having considered this, I'd just like to know: aren't retests USUALLY done in order to confirm an initial positive result?
    -And lastly, I've read countless amounts of internet websites about the time it takes to rid thc from the human body. My question is this, although I would not expect a definite answer: Is 5 months abstinence sufficient? Well, at least to be in the clear for a urinalysis?
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    One for you, you're over thinking this thing & giving yourself a major anxiety attack. Calm down, have some chamomile tea. You don't want to appear anxious in front of a prospective employer, & anxiety isn't good for your health. ~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanx cat, think of me the next time you light one up...Peace

aren't retests USUALLY done in order to confirm an initial positive result?
    Nope. They use the same sample to perform the confirmation test.

My question is this, although I would not expect a definite answer: Is 5 months abstinence sufficient? Well, at least to be in the clear for a urinalysis?
    Usually

Edit: There actually had been a few cases in which an individual had still tested dirty after more than 100 days of abstination. This is probably the most recent thread: http://boards.cannabis.com/drug-test...a-shocked.html

A very informative reply, thank-you again Toast.
    The story of Molly was really sad to read, hope she is ok these days. Molly, if you ever come across this, just know you have my innermost sympathy.
    7 months to clean out....geez. Although I tested myself a couple of days ago and got a bright line at the C and T section, its still classified as negative. I didnt even toke all that much prior to abstaining, let alone put a small amount of seedy weed into the tip of a cigarette and smoke it. I hardly even have any fat...
    Sigh. Guess ill just have to wait patiently for Monday.
    Thanks for all the info. guys