Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1570 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grow Log #2

ok since the dramatic disaster i started 5 new plants. here's the skinny

Bag Seeds from about 9 months worth of K.B. ( only got about 8 seeds total in 9 months )

miracle grow potting soil ( figured it would suffice since i cant seem to find any 20-20-20 )

3 CFL Lights ( varying wattage forgot to write it down when i threw out the packages, but the bulbs were between 9-20 bucks a piece )

space normal closet

electrical timer for lights

5 gallon buckets for pots

couple sheets of tin foil and a mirror for reflection of light ( probably not needed since whole closet is white, but figured couldn't hurt and probably will help some )

nutrients: Big Bud powdered nutrients ( sorry my stupid dog ate the damn container so cant really remember what the exact name brand was I just remember seeing big bud on the bottle ) + using a tomato & blossom set spray nutrient sparingly & I diluted it by 50% with spring water

started 5 seeds on 9/17

3 of 5 sprouted on 9/18

4th seed sprouted on 9/19

5th seed never sprouted

transplanted from solo cups to 5 gallon bucket on 9/23

second set of leaves on all 4 popped out on 9/25

Light Cycle Schedule using 18 on 6 off ( seems to be growing great with this, plus at the time my other plant is loving this light cycle too )

Attachment 294954Attachment 294955Attachment 294956Attachment 294957
    Da_Toker Reviewed by Da_Toker on . Grow Log #2 ok since the dramatic disaster i started 5 new plants. here's the skinny Bag Seeds from about 9 months worth of K.B. ( only got about 8 seeds total in 9 months ) miracle grow potting soil ( figured it would suffice since i cant seem to find any 20-20-20 ) 3 CFL Lights ( varying wattage forgot to write it down when i threw out the packages, but the bulbs were between 9-20 bucks a piece ) space normal closet Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Grow Log #2

yes they are in the same bucket..

i noticed when i was getting rid of my dead plant the size of the root ball it had.. and there should be plenty of space in the bucket for all the roots.. they might compete with each other but am going to prune the branches in a way that all 4 get what they need .... remember i am winging it, and this is only my second time ( technically first since 2 of first 3 died ) so hope this helps. enjoy reading my grow log as i will be posting photo's as close as i can to show the growing stages . and i will keep updating info as my regimen changes.

Grow Log #2

hey man i think you will get problems with this 4 plants in 1 container. i got 2 plants 1 of them are in a 30 litter container and have filed it out all ready after 18 days in to flower time and i did only veg's for 1,3 month just for telling you becors when they get big you cant repot them :/ then you will ruin the the roots just so you know man im a noob but i know thats to small for 4 plants you can mabey take 2 plant's in 1 container like this

Grow Log #2

cool bro, looks good.imp:

you should be able to transplant at any time, if you are careful, and have good solid roots.
    I transplanted, 2 4ft plants from 1 gallon to, 3 gallon. in the middle of the flowering cycle, came out great!. (Yea that's correct, 4ft tall in .89 gallon pots with CFL's )
    You might want to separate those 4, if you are planning to let them get tall. you will need some sort of cage if you keep them all together.

Grow Log #2

more than one way to skin a cat. here are three bubblegum plants grown under florescent lighting back in 2007. It can be done, if one wants to do that. The bud was very good quality.

Attachment 294973

Grow Log #2

Not to hijack, but how did you get those so short? Most plants I see are so leggy. Are those clones? So much to learn, no legal bud to do it with.

Grow Log #2

Hey there new grow. as i do seem to see what you are saying, however i am not going to let them get tall, they are all from the same strain ( i believe or atleast closely related ) and my two plants from my previos grow at 4 months old they were only 15-24 inches tall, and when i unpotted them ( dang i wish i would have taken a picture... thought about it but couldnt find camera ) the root ball wasnt very big at all. it was about the size of my fist ( i am 6 ft 4 inch tall and weigh 260 lbs ) ... so looking at the size of those two root balls i figure i can get away with it because i am not planning on letting them get more than 3 ft tall.... if they do get a little bit taller then i will very carefully ( one of my friends is like a botanical genius and on the level ) with help replant them

:S5:

Thank You GrowDemon for the vote of confidence.. i learned a little since my first time, and my firt plant is going strong at 10 inches tall ..

:bigsmoke:

Thank You Shovelhandle .. I agree there is more than one way to skin a cat.. only thing is i have to cross my fingers none of the 4 are male LOL! I just dont have the space to grow a monster tall fat bushy plant so am going with what i got oh yeah very nice plants bud, i can only hope mine turn out as nice

:jointsmile:

zerobud not sure what strain, i am sure they are not clones though.. wait unless you can get a clone from a seed i planted the seeds in miracle grow potting soil.. added a very little bit of water.. put them under 18/6 lights and pop goes the weasel that is what i got.. i may have buried a 1/16 of the stem during repotting not sure but figured it was so minute of amount of stem that it shouldnt hurt.. and so far am good as gold.. planning on posting some photos next week.. they are growing great.

:bigsmoke:

Grow Log #2

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    more than one way to skin a cat. here are three bubblegum plants grown under florescent lighting back in 2007. It can be done, if one wants to do that. The bud was very good quality.

Attachment 294973
    Hey! That's not bad at all! Since I'm going with a smaller space than I've ever used, I may omit the hps, use 2 shop light fixtures, 2 40 watt grow tubes each, & inbetween the fixtures place 1 red spectrum led per plant. I really need to keep heat to a minimum, so I've talked myself into giving this a try. Opinion?

Grow Log #2

you may be surprised how good they can do with knowledge and not so much technology.

Grow Log #2

I know that would suprize a lot of youngens, everything is high tech & high dollar now a days, but heck, Mother Nature's not a high tech girl & look & look how well she does! SHE'S MY ROLE MODEL! I've grown cherry tomatoes under fluorescents in the winter. Not enough light? Add another fixture or 2! Its all about the lumens. Ok. I've talked myself into it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast