Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1391 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spider mites

So I have done alot of reading on this lovely site again. We are fighting Spider mites, and I want to know, is there anything I can plant near the girls to deture the nasty little fuggers? We did the spray with the pesticides and crap.

I have orageno and other fragrant plants like garlic that I think should help. I need your input asap!!!
    littlewindy Reviewed by littlewindy on . Spider mites So I have done alot of reading on this lovely site again. We are fighting Spider mites, and I want to know, is there anything I can plant near the girls to deture the nasty little fuggers? We did the spray with the pesticides and crap. I have orageno and other fragrant plants like garlic that I think should help. I need your input asap!!! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Spider mites

Do an search online for "spider mite predictors" there are companies that sell them and all you do is put them on your plants and they will kill the little fuggers.

Spider mites

I think he meant "Spider mite predators".
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Spider mites

I think he might have that thing that tries to predict what your going to say but gets it wrong half the time. It forces me to proofread everything & don't know how to get it off my ph! (Grrrrr!)
    I use lemon joy (non-concentrate) in a spray bottle & wash them away every day till they don't come back, but since I do this often as a preventive, I've never had an actual infestation. Washing your plants is good prevention.~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spider mites

can I do the wash while in flower? I have half of the area as a grow and half as vegg. I dont want to add additional mites or anything to the area. I was wondering if plants of other types can ward the nasty fuggers away??

Spider mites

Fill your spray bottle with water, add about a tablespoon, maybe a little more of joy. Get in close when you spray & spray them good. Most bug hate lemon, but the soap disoves any waxy coating on insects & makes it easier to drown them, plus the lemon helps repel others around the plants, & they don't like the taste of soap either. This works with aphids too. Shake the excess off, & do this daily untill you don't see any more. You'll only need to break out the big guns (insecticide) if you have a heavy infestation. Safer products make an insecticidal soap I'd try before going to the hard stuff if you're infested.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spider mites

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    I think he might have that thing that tries to predict what your going to say but gets it wrong half the time. It forces me to proofread everything & don't know how to get it off my ph! (Grrrrr!)
    I use lemon joy (non-concentrate) in a spray bottle & wash them away every day till they don't come back, but since I do this often as a preventive, I've never had an actual infestation. Washing your plants is good prevention.~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yep my spell checker is getting real goofy I click on the word I want and it puts in what it wants.........

Spider mites

No.

" Hot, dry conditions are often associated with population build-up of spider mites. Under optimal conditions (approximately 80 °F or 27 °C), the two-spotted spider mite can hatch in as little as 3 days, and become sexually mature in as little as 5 days. One female can lay up to 20 eggs per day and can live for 2 to 4 weeks, laying hundreds of eggs. A single mature female can spawn a population of a million mites in a month or less. This accelerated reproductive rate allows spider mite populations to adapt quickly to resist pesticides, so chemical control methods can become somewhat ineffectual when the same pesticide is used over a prolonged period " (Wikipedia)

Spider mites

Oh & yeah, just shake as much liquid out of the buds as you can. I kinda bounce them gently against a paper towel. You definitely don't want mites in your buds. You can't get all the webbing out & it kinda tastes like burned hair. Nasty! I composted nearly a 1/4lb once over this. We couldn't stand it & couldn't even give it away. How far along are your buds? The soapy water will help you get the webbing out as long as they're not so dense that you can't work your fingers to the center. Hopefully you aren't so infested you have to do this. I'm interested in hearing if anyone has a trick for removing webs from the inside of buds. I've only had this problem once when we had to bring outdoor plants into the grow room because of an early frost warning. After that experience, we just threw blankets over them & hoped for the best.~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~

Spider mites

The flower side is at least 4 weeks in. They where all adopted and neglected prior to arival and we are just trying to save part of the crop if we can. I would find it interesting if anyone has heard of a nute that is fed rather than sprayed to the plant as a repellent for the girls???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast