Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1645 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

my camper closet grow

I have a BIG camper thats nearly 1/2 closet. Biggest closet I've EVER had. Now that I've removed the shelf on top, its 7' high, 10' long, 3' deep. Ill be using what I already have for veg. I have a 6' light mover, 250 watt hps (not using for veg) a lot of fluorescent grow lights, 4 led's. A shit load of 4" & 6" fans, 4 fan forced carbon air filters with ozone emitters. For veg, Ill be using all lights except hps for veg. Been checking seed banks for sm varieties, but don't see anything any better than what I usually grow for my space. NL. Campers get hot when the sun hits them, so waiting for cool weather. Will have this up & running probably Nov.:thumbsup:
    catbuds Reviewed by catbuds on . my camper closet grow I have a BIG camper thats nearly 1/2 closet. Biggest closet I've EVER had. Now that I've removed the shelf on top, its 7' high, 10' long, 3' deep. Ill be using what I already have for veg. I have a 6' light mover, 250 watt hps (not using for veg) a lot of fluorescent grow lights, 4 led's. A shit load of 4" & 6" fans, 4 fan forced carbon air filters with ozone emitters. For veg, Ill be using all lights except hps for veg. Been checking seed banks for sm varieties, but don't see anything any Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

my camper closet grow

Congratulations on starting your premier grow log here at Cannabis.com, Catbuds.
    To comment on your question about my soil and lights. My grow medium is similar to yours. I have a 110 gallon outdoor composter for my little garden. When I get a chance I like to compost my used indoor soil in between grow seasons, normally in the Spring-Summer while I grow outdoors. In a very large tote I'll mix the soil with some kitchen scraps, brown material ( I did use leaf material this time as I didn't feel like screwing with making butter or hash), peanut shells (I'm a nut-a-holic), a dozen or two of earthworms and compost starter. I don't bring in anything from outdoors. In addition to the composted re-used soil I mix peat moss, perlite and amendments. These vary, dolomite lime, earth worm castings, composted/dehydrated manure, bone meal, molasses, bat guano, all kinds of shtt. I add one of many Espoma products with Bio-Tone to 'activate' the soil with 'bugs'. I will add mycorrhizae to the soil when planting by mixing with water and adding to the root area. Our water is hard so I use very little lime anymore.
    I grow indoors usually during the heating season. We just started using heat again and yesterday the fuel truck filled our kerosene tank. I do have an exhaust fan in the grow area to rid the odors when necessary but I like to keep the heat indoors most of the time. I start the seedlings with the four lamp, 4' T5HO lights. I buy both spectrum, grow and bloom 3k and 6500k approximately). I use just these for the seedlings. Though I've seen others get great results using only the florescent lamps through veg or even through the whole grow I go to a 400 watt MH pretty early on. I've seen some folks get really good results with the VHO and UHO T5 lights. I just feel that is what worked best for me. I use a large box fan blowing across the plants and lights and manage to keep the temperature under 80º.
    I use 2' x 4' sheets of cardboard hung for reflectors and keep the lighting in around the plants. These sheets were mylar covered for years until it wore out and I painted them with flat white bathroom ceiling paint (anti-bacterial,mold). So the grow area can be from 2' x 4' out to as much as 4' x 6', if necessary. At the max size I use two 400 watt HID fixtures overhead and the T5HO florescent for back lighting.
    As far as seed choices and plant size I found that I can grow almost any hybrid and keep the size under control even with a full eight week veg. I do crop early, twice. With the sativa run I'm doing now it is recommended that I go right to bloom light schedule from seedling stage. I know your feelings on this but experienced growers with these strains advise this. Even so, I want to give them a couple of weeks to start and 18 hrs of light to recover from the cropping. The bloom period will likely be 12 weeks and more.
    This should answer your questions and many more you didn't ask (you didn't ask for this book, but we have no PMs here). You can find my grow logs (a lot of 'em) by clicking my name > latest started threads and see the list of grow log threads.

Good Growing!

my camper closet grow

Good luck, be watching.

my camper closet grow

Thanks Ranger
    Shovel, we really do so many things alike, & like you, I switch it up from one grow to the next.
    For my leaf mold, I go out back & scoop up tree leaves that have just started to decompose. These are the ones that would have the most enzymes. This is my compost starter. I'm also having issues with a nasty neighbor who thinks she's getting over on me by dumping her grass clippings on my property. Once they've dried & started to compost, I scoop some up, mix in my pile & say 'thank you rich bitch'. If she only knew ha ha. She'd rather send them to the land fill than let me make use of them. Of course my kitchen scraps go in the pile. Only veggies, NEVER meat or meat by products. (Also, only manure from veg eaters, no meat eaters)
    Now on to sea bird guano.... 6 miles south west of me on the North East river, head of the Chesapeake bay, is a little beach town. I take 2 5gal buckets with me to the town park on spring & fall clean up days.& load them up with the sea gull poo they scrape from the playground equipment. This stuff's great. I live up in the hills, surrounded by woods & farms, so I have quick & easy access to chicken & cow poo, friends with rabbits & guinea pigs, more good poo. Mother Natures gold mine right at my finger tips.
    I do use my compost indoors after I've made it safe. Pre-heat oven @ 180º. Fill baking pans with compost & moisten. Bake @180º for 1 hr. Kills plant pathogens, insects, eggs, & larva, but not hot enough to kill nutrients. My used soil? I dump that in my gardens (flower & veg) & till it in. My water? Hell babe, I have a spring!
    Peanut shells are great. Good call on that one Shovel! The fiber part is slow to decompose, so it helps loosen the soil, while adding all thoes organic nutrients.

Next post I'll go into my potting mix. I wanted to discuss compost now because hey, you start at the beginning , right?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

my camper closet grow

Long time ago; univ. discussion-climax forest- the system. Top six inches of forest soil the richest mother nature has to offer. Can do it all.

my camper closet grow

do your friends eat guinea pig? it's very popular in Peru, you know.

my camper closet grow

Oh No Shovel, we KISS them, right on their cute little noses! None of us canabilize our little friends.
    Ranger, that is the most nutritionally complete thing you can add to your soil, composted leaf mold, & non burning too. Plenty of fiber to help keep soil loose & aireated (spelling).

my camper closet grow

Hey guys, 'thenewgrow' needs help from someone with a bigger screen than my darned cell ph. I need to make sure I'm seeing what I think I see. Could someone hop over there (GROW LOG , first time grower & I'm growing under hps 400) & get a better look at his pics & read my post to him. His plants hermied & when you read my post you'll see what I THINK I'm seeing. When I look at everybody's pics, I'm looking at an image that's only 1/4 the size of a 35mm slide/negative plus I need new glasses. I hate it when this keeps me from helping someone. Thanks! I know one of guys will help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my camper closet grow

So how many plants do you think you'll be able to comfortably veg in that space? How long would you veg? How many for flowering max? And how much electricity would you be using? Like your ideas here, look forward to seeing what happens!

my camper closet grow

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    6 miles south west of me on the North East river, head of the Chesapeake bay,
    globally speaking, we're practically neighbors - gotta love those commonwealth laws

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast