Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1353 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

my camper closet grow

So much work to get done to get this closet right. Right now, the lights are hanging on an angle because the old breaker box is in the way. Only screwdriver that wasn't stolen is the crapy little one on my swiss army knife. Have a feeling I might get so frustrated trying to remove the thing, I might just head butt it out of the way! Its working ok for the plants though. I arranged them shortest to highest to match the angle the lights are on. But it sure looks sloppy hanging like that. Have to replace the reflective material. One end came down over my head while I was hanging the lights & I got so tangled up in it I had a little hissy fit & kinda shreaded it. I was wrapped up in that shit like a cocoon! Must have been a sight, trying to fight my way out of panda plastic while holding the light trying not to drop it! Gotta say, its been easier on the plants than on me. LOL! So tomorrow its hang new panda plastic. Maybe I'll have enough umph left to do some super cropping. :stoned:

my camper closet grow

Hey, I have my two fixtures hanging on an angle to light my plants that are arranged 'stadium style' with the tall in the back (against the side-lighting T5s) and the short plants in the first row and the middle plants...in the middle. The plants don't mind as long as they get the right amount of light and heat. My grow area is just sheets of cardboard painted white and hung around the plant area. Easy to put up and take down, just like a bedoin tent. I use these 1'x2' blocks of styrofoam I picked up for free when I need to have the grow off the floor like when they are seedlings. No cabinets to build. Just fasteners in the ceiling to tie things to.

3.   Advertisements

my camper closet grow

Yeah, hanging lights at angles often work best for plants. How often are they all the same height? Actually, if the lights were level, I'd have to remove 2 plants. I just looks sloppy as hell & I can't adjust light height. But the plants are 2' up off the floor, the shelf they're sitting on is resting on stacks of inverted clay pots, so I have the option of lowering the plants. I'm just a snob when it comes to my craftmanship, & there's nothing of that, that I'm proud of. Its a 'slob job'. Looks like a little kids first attempt. But in the end, its what works best for the plants. The two that would have to be removed if the lights were level are the shortest. They're sitting on the box that covers the wheel well, which is the high end of the lights. If the lights were level, that end would be sitting on the wheel well box where the two plants are.
    -- Wish I could do this with cardboard & panda plastic. Have everything I'd need to finish the cabinet that way, but Sam LOVES cardboard as a scratching post & LOVES to eat plants, & Tigger just copies what ever Sam does. That wouldn't last 2 hours for me. Everythings working fine from the plants point of view, its just me being a picky bitch, probably from my childhood. I grew up having to do everything better than the boys & they'd definitely make fun of this!
    -- Don't have enough panda plastic to replace what I got wrapped up in (ha), so one end will have foil on the wall, frosty side out to diffuse the light better. Not the best, but better than dark brown paneling. When I get done doing the reflective stuff, I'll take 'scope & reading glasses in & see what's what. If I can pull out 2 males, I'll have a better excuse to level up the lights & make everything square. I was raised believing your craftmanship ain't worth shit if its out of square & just can't get away from that! Eh.. my weirdness! LOL!

my camper closet grow

Perfection is the enemy of good….

Just good enough is good enough…..

<~~~~ says one who is going to try and fix her own plumbing this weekend….

my camper closet grow

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    How often are they all the same height? Actually,
    Actually my clones in sog stay pretty even. Attachment 298129 Attachment 298130

my camper closet grow

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    Perfection is the enemy of good….

Just good enough is good enough…..

<~~~~ says one who is going to try and fix her own plumbing this weekend….

CB would not agree, but you might, when I present the unofficial Hawai'i state motto.

"Half assed is more than good enough."
    :jointsmile:

Now, to stay on topic.

Whip out your lightmeter and you will find that painting that paneling white reflects more light than even the shiny side of tinfoil.
    How do I know that?
    Tried it, tested it, measured it, used it.
    Attachment 298136Attachment 298137

Yeah, I know, it's a sickness.
    Not easy being OCD.
    Oop's, I mean CDO, (They need to be in the proper alphabetical order)
    The only thing mo' betta than Titanium dioxide white paint, is Reflectix. ©

No gotta buy a whole roll.
    Just stop by a building site.
    Bring a smile and a bag of cookies, they'll cut it to size for ya.

Or, you could do it Hawaiian style.
    Glue stick, printer paper, done!
    Also more effective than foil.
    Not even sure why, but that's what the meter says.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

my camper closet grow

Those pics are very pretty ranger :clap:

my camper closet grow

Quote Originally Posted by smello1
    Those pics are very pretty ranger :clap:
    Yellow like a spaghetti western.

my camper closet grow

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    When I clone in a sog, mine stay even too. These guys are hybrids from seed. Not really much variation, but I do have two that are heads above the other four. Won't be able to clone though, untill I replace these lights, I'm only going to have one grow space for a while. Since the camper goes up to 100º or more in the summer, there won't be indoor grows from June till Oct. I might be able to set up a 30 gal tank painted white on the outside with a 4' shop light on top for seedlings as long as I can find a way to keep the cats out. But after that grow finishes, on to the big outdoors! (Can't wait, can't wait!) ....I Hate Winter! (I should put that in my signature)

my camper closet grow

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    That SOG is damn beautiful ranger!!!

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast