Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1662 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

my camper closet grow

Well I have nothing good to post! Having no transportation & relying on shopping where my friends are willing to take me means not getting what I'm looking for! Went to walmarts yesterday. No soils what so ever! Noda! I'll be spending the rest of the afternoon calling nurseries trying to find something close enough to get to. Will let you know what I find.~~~PEACE!~~~

my camper closet grow

On the soil front here's a couple suggestions. See if one of your local communities has a city or county compost site as part of the department of Sanitation. Locally, I live north of downtown Raleigh by 18 miles and west of Durham by 16 miles. Both of these cities operate city compost sites; Raleigh's is OMRI certified as organic compost. Cost is $25.00 for a full sized pickup truck bed load (carry a tarp with you to tie off over the top after loading the compost). If you don't need that much you can fill up to a 35 gallon bag or container; i.e. 35 gallon plastic garbage can cost $3.50...Then also check out Southern States (they aren't really in Raleigh or Durham anymore but in the smaller out lying towns 12-18 miles north or northwest from me. Southern States will carry they're own brand organic potting mix which was pretty cheap along with 3 cu ft bags of Peat Moss ($13.99) and 4 cu ft bags of Perlite ($13.99) locally. The garbage cans are the most expensive thing doing this. For the tarp get a 12' x 12' or bigger to cover the compost in the pickup track bed cause you can use it to lay out and mix your soil together. I go in layers of each with a few dashes on each main layer using bat guano, worm casings, and chicken manure (Southern States sells ChickDoo pretty cheap too) on top of each layer usually making four layers of each component; then pull the corners of the tarp over from one side to the other; followed by pulling opposite ends of the corners together mixing up the stuff. When finished mixing I store it in the garbage cans lightly spraying with a little water and set in direct sun for a couple weeks; mixing with shovel once a day, to bake (two reasons for this sterilize the soil for insects and season the mixture).

The other thing I found is the largest local nursery is large enough they have Fafard private label it's stuff with the local nursery name. They sell a 2.5 cu ft of Fafard Organic Mix for $13.99 while the other nurseries locally sell Fafard's 2 cu ft bag for $16.99 (that's 25% for 20% less). So I'd recommend calling your largest nursery around to see if they get anything private labeled.

3.   Advertisements

my camper closet grow

FF, the transportation is the biggest issue for me. But!!! Found out Sweeneys DIDN'T close. My friend had went up when they were closed for remodeling & thought they had shut down. They rented the store space next to them to enlarge & were closed while they busted down the wall between them. Guess what their main reason for enlargement was... to provide for indoor growers like US!!!! YEAH!!!! I just got off the ph with them. They still have my pro-mix soil, both standard & organic, so I'll be getting 2 cu' standard pro mix, & either 1cu' pro mix organic or 1 1/2cu' fox farm. They also have the 1 1/2gal nursery pots I like, & hey Shovel, check this out, 3 gal grow bags, 25 for $7.00= .28 cents ea. T5 fluorescent grow tubes @ $10.00 ea. I guess I should have called Sweeneys BEFORE I had a panic attack! They also have a lot of organic nutes. I'll decide on which when I get there. Whew.......... So I get to up grade instead of being stuck doing the nasty with (god forgive me) miracle grow! Ok, all the good organics right there & I'll save my own compost for outdoors. But I did get some bad news from the owner. They had a huge maincoon cat named Milo that I (&everybody else) loved. He was so sweet & spoiled & one hell of a ham. Anytime a woman would set her purse on the counter, he would CLIMB IN IT to search for cat treats! Well someone stole him. Mean people suck! I used to stop at Burger King & get him a fish filet & put it in my big assed pocketbook for him to find. I'm gonna miss my little fat buddy when I go in there! I hope where ever he is, he's being treated well. He's such a good boy.

my camper closet grow

Nothing worse than a Cat-Napper. Stealing a pet is the worse, worthy enough offense to rot in eternal torment. just my $.02

my camper closet grow

It's always been plants animals & music (me & my dad pickin'), with me. I've physically hurt people for being mean to animals. It's like going in momma bear's cave & fucking with her cub. It was last Halloween when he disappeared, & to be honest, since he was orange & looked like a big furry pumpkin, my biggest fear is some punks nabbed him & threw him off the I-95 bridge through the windshield of an oncoming vehicle. They do that every Halloween around here with black cats. Our local paper even warns black cat owners not to let their cats outside anywhere near Halloween. I had one thrown through my windshield the night before Halloween about 25 yrs ago. I turned my car around, chased him down, beat him with a lug wrench, got back in my car & ran over his legs. It wasn't even a young punk. He was 50 yrs old! Am I sorry? Only for the cat. I took him to the vet, no broken bones or internal injuries, but he lost both ears & one eye, so scared he only had hair in patches. The vet said he was around 15, & he lived another 7. I got 18months, suspended with 5 yrs probation. The states attorney wanted to charge me with attempted murder. At pre sentencing I told the judge if I wanted to kill him, I'd have ran over his head instead of his legs. I just wanted to cripple him for life. Thank god the judge was a cat lover. I've NEVER been sorry when I whipped someone's ass for hurting an animal. But there's quite a few people who are sorry my dad gave me boxing lessons & sent me to a martial arts school! Sorry about the rant, but I just couldn't help it!
    ---- Now I have to think about something pleasant, like getting my grow started. Now I have to find that bag seed I stached somewhere, or have a long wait till I can get my order sent in. The bag seed shouldn't be too bad though. It was from ny diesel. ~~~PEACE!~~~

my camper closet grow

FINALLY! Things are starting to roll! Friday I'm going to Sweeneys for lights, soil & nutes. Found fixtures CHEAP at walmarts, timer too, since I put my multi-programmable one away & can't remember where. Noticed the brown stain showing through on wood paneling inside closet, so one or two more coats of white paint. Now that will be the biggest hold up, waiting for paint to dry & exhusting paint fumes. I figure two or three days. Impatient that I am, the first use of the closet will be bag seed. Finances dictate Jan before I can order the aurora indica. Patience is a virtue, & I'm NOT a virtuous woman! LOL! Not good at waiting either. Time in slow motion!

my camper closet grow

I tried the Nirvana Aurora Indica two years ago. I can't recommend it.

Lots of leaves, more roots than 3 normal plants & few buds after 18 weeks.
    It does have an amazing taste. I still have 5 seeds that I will never plant.

One of the Northern Lights or White Widow strains would be a better choice IMO.

my camper closet grow

Here's the genetics on the aurora. Afghani X Northern lights F1hybrid.. described as short & stocky with couch lock high. Sure you didn't have a fluke batch of seeds or something Dutch? Maybe not enough nutes to burn, but more than it liked? (Nitrogen & potassium maybe?) Nirvana also said the most potent indica they have. ~~~ PEACE! ~~~

my camper closet grow

Got my lights, soils & nutes. Will go into detail later.

my camper closet grow

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    I tried the Nirvana Aurora Indica two years ago. I can't recommend it.

Lots of leaves, more roots than 3 normal plants & few buds after 18 weeks.
    It does have an amazing taste. I still have 5 seeds that I will never plant.

One of the Northern Lights or White Widow strains would be a better choice IMO.
    When you say tried do mean popping 2 beans?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast