Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

my camper closet grow

Hey Buggy! Well they will be started in solo cups, 4. Since I'll be keeping them sm, they will veg 2-3 wks. Ill be judging by size. Then on to 12/12. Not transplanted till roots fill cups just enough to hold hold soil ball togethet, then on to 1gal nursery pots. About 3wks before harvesting the first batch, I'll start 4 more, which will be ready for 12/12 the day after harvest. (Down for a day to vacuum & steam clean grow area. LOVE steam cleaning!) I'll keep a perpetual harvest going till warm weather makes it too hot to do the camper thing. The lights I'll be using will be easy on elect. Since I'm keeping them sm, won't need high powered lights. Using 2 shop light fixtures, each with 2 GE grow tubes, 40 watts ea. 4 LED's, with shoplight fixtures just far enough apart to place 1 LED over ea plant. Forgot wattage on LED's. Have a lot of 4"-6" fans. How many I use will depend on temp, same with fan forced carbon/ion air cleaners, smell dictates how many I'll use. Was going to use 250 watt hps for flower, but when I saw Shovels pics of fluorescent only, changed my mind. Also the fact that sometimes in the winter I have cherry tomatoes in fruit under fluor only, & you know what sun lovers they are. I was going to go with northern lights because they're sm & potent, but for now I'vechanged my mind. Papaya, short & dense plant. Aurora indica because seed catalog described the high as 'couchlock' forgot to write down the size, but it must have been sm or I wouldn't have put it on my list. I picked the aurora because 'couchlock' will help with my insomnia. I do most of my smoking at night to help with that & muscle spasms. Nothing like have muscle spasms wake you in the middle of the night screaming. I'll have sm harvests from my indoor, but as long as I don't over indulge (& doing perpetuals), that will do me till my outdoor grow. Still not a lot of plants, 8-10 on average, but big heavy producers. I'd like to do more if I can manage to hide them. Thieves hit me hard here. Oh, & as they bud, if they become dense enough to block light to lower leaves, I like to throw in an extra fluorescent, lay the fixture on the floor, its back. Not expecting this to make more lower buds, but the extra light helps with photosynthesis, which helps plants convert sugars & food they take up which feeds the buds. Haven't calculated actual cost of elec use, but this is a low cost way to go!~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~

2.   Advertisements

my camper closet grow

Sounds like your really working the light angles. Couple of thoughts, I like to move and turn my plants allot, the sun moves outside. And I use a variety of lights to simulate the progress of the season indoors, late spring - summer - and fall all in a short time. Still think you need a veg cabinet, would double your production.

my camper closet grow

I turn my plants a lot, if not one part will always get more light than another. Ill be switching the LED's out, first blue spectrum, then mixed, then red as I go from veg to bud. I'll be using a lg fish tank with a 4' 2 tube shop light over top for a veg chamber. I've used that tank for over 20yrs, works good. I already have most of the equipment, just need to buy some red spectrum LED's & 2 more sockets. This will be the cheapest, smallest grow room (closet) I've ever had in my life. Just want to mention, the fluorescent ballast will be outside the tank (obviously), so over heating won't be an issue. Been thinking about actually starting 12/12 in the fish tank & moving them to the closet just before they get too close to the tubes. How tall they are at that stage will determine if I can do that or not.
    ---- Did you read the varieties I picked? I thought I'd harvest the papaya while the trichromes are about 50/50 milky & amber for more of an energized high for day time, & since the seed co described the aurora indica as a couch lock high, I'd let that one go till trichs are almost all amber, help me out more with the night pain & insomnia. I try to tell people to drink chamomile tea with their last smoke if sleep or night pain is an issue for them. So many don't listen, but it works great. Its the perfect combination......... So, what's your opinion of all this? (Was going to post my soil mix, but that can vary according to what commercial mix is available, since I use thoes as my base. Usually go with a soil less mix called pro-mix, my favorite from my commercial greenhouse days, then mix in my organics. So I won't post that till I actually buy the mix since I can't always find the pro-mix).~~~~PEACE!~~~~

P.S. I knida noticed I was jumping back & forth from closet to veg tank in first paragraph. Hope its not too confusing.

my camper closet grow

Can almost see the fish tank used, almost but it seems to water tight to me.

I can see 20 ladies in your closet making whoppee, spending 6-8 weeks there depending on what you like. Then replaced with a while new set.

Hear what you say about colors and highs, but like weezard said somewhere, I go by my nose.

Genetics, once a year, have a k-cup party. About a month after harvest, have a bring and brag, usually have a name and I can ask about how they grow. Then it becomes will it help or improve my stuff, resistance is becoming as important as shape, cloning, growth, finished bud, and Potency. If it don't bubble it ain't worth the trouble.

my camper closet grow

It is water tight. I wipe it out & dry about 1/2 hr after watering. That's also a good time to rearrange the plants.

my camper closet grow

Well I can't get the 30 gal tank through the closet door!!!! Gilda's nursery closed so I can't get used 1 gal pots for 10 cents ea, the other nursery closed so I can't get my favorite potting mix I use as a base for my soil mix. Alrighty then.... Been growing since the 70's without much change. Now I'll be changing up more than I wanted to. Loved my soil mix, but now it looks like I might be stuck with miracle gro potting mix as a base. I'll have to soak & flush the hell out of it first, hate those nutes! (Please don't hate me for this guys, I hate that crap as much as you do) If I have to go that route, I'll use same amt compost, little more perlite & spaghnum moss, same on worm castings & seagull guano. Since it's hard to get all the nutes out of MG, I won't feed till the plants indicate they need it. By then, I'll probably be ready for the Bills Perfect Flower & some molasses & top dress with a little bone meal & earth worm castings. Hopefully all the chem nutes will be gone long before harvest. HATE chems, LOVE organics! My BF said she thinks I just like playing in the dirt, I think it may be the poo!!!! LOL!~~~Peace~~~

my camper closet grow

Boo!!

my camper closet grow

Oh yeah, I said I was going to post here about my electrical fire. My back porch was enclosed with greenhouse plastic, & had my tank out there with a 4' double tube grow light on it, baby girls looking pretty. Well here comes Sandy. Amateur storm chaser that I am, I'm out there watching the trees bend over (biggest one broke, just missed greenhouse & porch, but landed on well/spring). Just as that big tree broke (80' tree missed me by little less than 6') a fire broke out on the porch. The plug on everything electrical was blazing. Fire shot up that green house plastic like greased lightening. EVERYTHING was on fire. I couldn't believe how fast it all happened. A couple of my friends are screaming call 911! I'm like hell no! I'll get busted with all these plants! So they ran off & left me there. The only thing I had to fight the fire with was a spray bottle full of fish emulsion plant food & a wet towel! The burning plastic stank bad enough, but don't spray fish emulsion on a fire. The smell WILL make you puke! BTW, that plastic burns like an accelerate. I saved my girls & myself, the back porch was in shambles. I wanted the 'youngens' to know how easy & fast an electrical fire can happen. With what we do do, WE ARE AT HIGH RISK! Always keep that in mind, & please be safe. Make sure you NEVER over load extention cords! ~~~PEACE!~~~

my camper closet grow

absolutely. I have 1500 watt timers but I split up my load between two of them. 400+ watts on one and 600+ watts on the other. I had checked all the cords, plugs, timers and strips after they were running for a few hours and 1000+ watts on one timer and plug was making parts very warm (you can feel it). Be very careful, use quality parts and check everything.

my camper closet grow

Shovel, I know you didn't boo me for playing in poo. Must have been the miracle gro! Hey, I've been trying to be patient & wait till I can get the good seeds & soil, but finances are so bad now, that would be up to 4 months, & I just can't do it! There's a reason my mother didn't name me Patience! To the 'youngens' who may be reading.. I do not in any way endorse miracle gro. This is my disclaimer! The crap sucks!.... (sorry Shovel. Desperate times call for desperate measures. At least I'm only using it for bag seed, not good ones! That should buy me SOME forgiveness)! Lol!
    ---- Yeah guys, life happens & sucks up your money, then some things get put on hold. I'll be using bad soil (probably) & bag seeds cause I can't wait, but I'll be posting as I go any way. & to the 'youngens', when I'm cornered & forced to do a no no, I'll let you know. You know what they say, 'listen to your elders', & 'don't do as I do, do as I say'! LOL! ~~~PEACE!~~~

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast