Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1637 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

my camper closet grow

Come on cat, want to see pictures of your grow, still on track right, in all ways. Wanted to be the one to max you out, maybe later!!!

my camper closet grow

Wish I could! Can't post pics from this cell ph. Need a computer. If anybody has figured out how to do it from a samsung galaxy 3, PLEASE let me know!
    -- Plants are doing good. Light leakes plugged. Panda plastic hung, 2' space covered with foil, frosted side untill I get white plastic in a few days to cover that spot. All but one plant showing narrow pointy calyxs, two of those showing hairs, one not showing anything. I really need that one to be male for the sake of space. The two showing hairs have been transplanted, bent & wired, little super cropping, & so are now mainlined. Will be doing that to each one as they show hairs. No sense wasting expensive potting soil on plants that may still show male.
    -- It snowed on us again damn it! Wish I were doing as well as the plants! ... Damned I hate winter!

my camper closet grow

Hang in there, cat. Spring will be coming soon! Glad to hear your plants are doing well.

my camper closet grow

do you not reclaim your potting soil, Cat? Like you, I also mix my own soil. When it is done (or a plant is male or hermie and needs to die) the soil goes into a large tote. To this I'll add some vegetable scraps, peanut shells and compost starter. Then it's ready to use for the next grow. I just test the soil for nutrients and add a little new peat, perlite and whatever I think it needs.

5.   Advertisements

my camper closet grow

Good to hear you got your room set up Cat! If you are anything like me though it will change 10 more times before harvest.. lol!

Shovel- I reclaim all my soil but never for indoor use- I have a large outdoor compost that I throw everything in and I use it for outdoor beds and pots…I would like to use it indoors but I really don't want to test it and getting it hot enough here in the winter seems to be a problem to kill bugs- Wondering how 'hot' your scraps are and if I could start an indoor pile….

my camper closet grow

I have a 110 gallon composter outside. This is the easiest way for me to manage the used soil. The amendments I addare all gone into some detail in my grow log, first page, probably. Sorry, Cat. We need PMs.

my camper closet grow

Some good points to talk about here:

1-reusing, recycling, reclaiming, all very good ideas in the world today. To start another good reason to do. Have know some young, dumb, and lazy who put their used out on the curb for the trash guys to pick up, any guesses as to what happened?
    I use the recycling to save some money, like Crystal and SHOVEL, the cali grow features three big drum style composters, while talking about the excellent soil amendment these produce, I am always impressed by the amount of really strong tea produced by this system and continually caught in totes placed under them. Very strong, and usually diluted.
    Here in smaller quantities, I have my garden pile which receives most of my heavy stuff, gathered leaves, and kitchen material. Works well 8 months a year.
    For my grows I go a different route, I do inside, mainly because I'm paranoid! I take to soil from my pots, try and remove most roots, and layer it bins built in my outbuilding. As I layer I go soil, ground alfalfa, soil, ground alfalfa and so on. Use ground alfalfa(run through feed mill) an old farts so it's non gmo and non spayed. I like the deep roots, figure is like mining for new additives. Really heats and cooks rapidly, leave rough drains better. Have a pored cement slab to really cook it during summer months.

2- If do you think if enough of us ask, the premium sponsors may take note. Or even the advertisers! So we could get pm' s or is it just to complicated.

my camper closet grow

Nuts! I didn't get any of my alerts when you guys posted here..... what's up with that..?.. I have responses to everybody's posts, but will get business out of the way first. You know I had 6 left, wanting 2 males to pull for the sake of space. Well, only one male. Yep, mamma's got five little girls, & two just like me.... short & fat! LOL!
    -- SHOVEL... Not a problem. I keep saying this is a hybrid thread... grow log/ chat room. Everybody's welcome. We actually need PMs AND a chat room for open group discussions, but letts not hold our breath! But hell yeah! I always re-use my soil. Since I don't have a way to heat pasteurize at the moment, I'll use it for outdoors, grow & garden. Not only that, this is the only way I can afford to use fox farms outdoors. Not only will there still be some nutes left, but the perlite & spaghnum moss really help texturize the soil, aids in both moisture retention & aeration & tilth (tilth, old farmer nurserymans term again). Have very little compost left from when I could still toss it around with a pitch fork, but I mix used potting soil, leaves & grass & guinea pig poo in what's left & let it compost, use it after it cools. I mean, its still compost, but now I only make very little & mix it with whats left from when Everything's to went in it. Fox Farm soil helps the process too.
    -- Crystal, some garden catalogs offer earth worm farms that you can use indoors. Haven't gotten all my catalogs yet, but I'm pretty sure its in the Spray & Grow catalog. One thing I do know that's there is a really nice rain barrel that goes under the down spout from your gutter, has a screen filter on the top & a spigot on the bottom. Really well made. Spray& grow makes Bills Perfect Fertilizer. All organic (as are all their products), & that's my veg nute. Get the catalog, all sorts of good garden products, neem oil, GOOD quality, salt free coco, etc. Check it out!
    -- Ranger, I can't think of a darn thing I don't recycle. Old hippie/hillbilly here, just a way of life. Where did I get my panda plastic? Hehehe. It was on the back side of my rolled roofing to protect the adhesive! LOL! Coffee grounds? Compost drum. Long list.......
    -- Giggletwig, you have to join us on the other forum ....MNS. They have PMs, but what you need to see is the thread about herbal remedies where things are discussed that are sometimes taboo here. There are other herbs that also fight cancer that are on that sight that can be blended with cannabis products to add more healing umph to your meds. Crystals really happy with that thread. This thread would really interest Growgoddess. Im going to bring it to her attention.
    -- There's another great forum I like.... heavy on the political issues, & you all know how much I love my soap box! But I'll wait till everybody's settled in before I bring up another one. Trying to go by everybody's intrestes with these recommendations. They all have PMs, which keeps us out of trouble!

my camper closet grow

Probably missed your alert while bouncing around :S2:

my camper closet grow

Ranger, you're bad boy aren't you..?..
    -- Do you get sent to your room often at home..?..
    ---- I bet you do!
    ------I bet that's why you're on the forums so often....
    --------your computer's in your room!............... LMAO!!

Oh I get 'cha! I thought you ment bouncing cause I said I'm short & fat! LOL! :upsidedow:upsidedow

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast