Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1600 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

my camper closet grow

Another thought to keep in mind for healthy root growth; first of all, we tend to give an over abundance of nitrogen, so I feed mostly flowering nutes unless the plant asks for some nitro by just begining to pale. P & K for flowers & stong stems.... & roots! ( I do use growth nutes when in RAPID veg growth, but gently, never MORE than recommended strength). This works for me. My fav for this, & seedlings first few feeds..... fox farms big bloom. Also, my seedlings always have really sturdy stems. No floppy fall overs! When in veg, I do supply a diluted foliar feed of nitro once a week. Just keep in mind that bloom nutes do more than just feed buds. Makes healthy stem & ROOTS too ! (I always give transplants a shot of big bloom because of what it does for root health! ) I never follow the recommended nute program, I tweek a nute here & there according to what the plants tell me.

my camper closet grow

Catbuds you and I share a love of Big Bloom, that is for sure. And for good reason. I also mix Budswel into my soil during flower. Pretty much the same thing as Big Bloom but slower release. I went on a rant about nitrogen in another thread and I won't repeat it here, but I agree that people tend to overfeed with N, and the big fert. companies feed our addiction with their hot ammonia-based products. Even Grow Big I use at half strength. Good soil doesn't need a lot of added N, anyone who has grown in Ocean Forest or better yet good home-made soil knows that. If a person is willing to put the time into re-potting as the plants grow, the fresh soil will provide all the N they need. I did not feed my plants anything but occ. Big Bloom during veg. and they thrived. Thrived too much in fact.

my camper closet grow

Chromo, you are so right on! Damned you're a breath of fresh air! I start my seeds in 9 cell pk. (Individual pk from 72 cell inserts for plant trays). First transplant into 8oz styro coffee cups (they 'breathe.... plants love them!). This promotes great seedling growth! From there, they go into red party cups.... you get it. Pot up in very small increments as needed, regardless of what growth stage they're in, & don't disturb the root/soil ball, trying to keep it whole so no feeder/root hair damage. Ofcourse using 1/2 strength big bloom as a transplant tonic ea time, & going up in richness in soil ea time.
    -- I used to compost & make all my own orgainc mixes, but age, arthritis & nerve damage kinda limits throwing compost around with a shovel/pitch fork, & then I found FOX FARMS (& of course my old favorite, pro-mix organics, equalivent to happy frog), & I'm more than happy with the change. Costs a lot more, but well worth the expense!
    -- Your love of plants (& stones ),& your occupation/education, has made you into a great grower even before you grew! So what took you so long? You should have been doing this ages ago!

my camper closet grow

Cat, my brothers grew in a little clearing in our woods- then I had kids lol!
    Still have one hanging on off to college in a few years- I was terrified of losing my house through search and seizure.
    Should have grown anyway, lost it to foreclosure a few years back with only 15,000 left to go- oh well!
    Now things are different, once that first little seed popped I like many became completely fascinated with this plant like no other, the plant literally talks!! More personality then most humans too!
    I have always stayed in close circles with the people I knew were growing, but was scared- true freedom really is when you have nothing else to lose and in that freedom I find a peace and happiness that I didn't know was possible.
    My older brother has a sweet outdoor op in NM, so maybe one day I will find myself in the desert.
    I couldn't stop now if I tried- I would rather grow then smoke and that's saying a Lot !

my camper closet grow

Damned Crystal! So sorry about you loosing your house! My dream house would be a cabin in the woods (around 10-15 acres would be perfect. I'd have a stream, & hopefully another spring. The cabin could be run down for all I'd care, cause I'd be outside most of the time. I'd have clearing in the woods to grow, & hopefull the property would be land-locked. Very low key & out of plain view. Of course I'd have a hidden basement under the cabin for my indoor winter grow!
    -- Yeah... Ed's right. Smoking's not addictive. .. it's the growing that gets ya! LOL!

my camper closet grow

Thanks for the kind words cat. I have wanted to grow Cannabis for a long time, but my ex-wife was someone who, uh...well lets just say it would have been a problem. Anyway, I'm in a much different (and better) place in my life now and have more freedom to do what I want. Why I ever chose to live otherwise I'll never understand. But that's the past. My experience as a grower of plants in general certainly gives me an advantage. But there are many nuances to growing Cannabis indoors that I am very much enjoying as an exploration. I love getting the feedback from people here because all of it is part of the learning process. I truly believe that once you stop learning, you're worse than dead.

7.   Advertisements

my camper closet grow

Air or water, without movement, stagnates. A mind that's stopped learning.........stagnates. When you stop learning, the joy in life is gone. So keep thinking outside the box! It's a learning process!

my camper closet grow

I had something important to share with you guys, but I'm so stoned, I forgot what it was!

my camper closet grow

And this is from your leaves? Either your tolerance has collapsed(like mine) or your going to have some good stuff.

I'll cross my fingers for you too!!

my camper closet grow

Yep! No tolerance at all. Haven't smoked bud since late spring/early summer bacause of the thieves. Sometimes I think I can get a buzz just by looking at everybody's pics! But here's what I wanted to share. I put new batteries in my hand held 'scope last night. Had some junk under the canopy that wasn't getting light & heading down hill, so I cleaned up the plants & removed it. Threw it in the trash. Kept 1 leaf to check out under the scope, & it was covered with trichromes (funny thing was, they had no stalk, just sitting on the leaf surface). About 50/50 clear & milky. What suprised me more, was that the leaf stem was covered too, & they were bigger. (So I pulled them out of the trash & laid them out to dry). Here's where I'm going with this. Most people are aware that while in veg, just before they pre flower, male leaf is usually more potent than female. So I'm going to put the heavily trichromed plants on one side, & the ones with fewer on the other, then sit back & wait to see how accurate this is. Certainly don't expect 100% accuracy, but I think it may be close. Just playing with my curiosity. One thing this WILL be useful for is picking your most potent male for breeding. Sure I'm not the only one to do this, its just that I'd never checked out trichromes on any part but the buds before. Well since I'm playing with my little 'scope, think I'll go see if I have parasites! NO NO NO! I'm only kidding, I don't have any slides! LOL! (HELP ME! I'm bored!)

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast