Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1688 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Shov Winter 2013-2014 Sativa Grow

I've been gathering the stuff to start a new indoor grow. It's going to be all sativa and either MR. Nice Seeds or my hybrid from Mr. Nice Seeds. I have my Z11 x Neville's Haze, Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze. The Z-11 is a hybrid I've worked from bubblegum and afghani strains. I plan on a very short veg for these, maybe two weeks to get to good form and then right to 12/12.
    Shovelhandle Reviewed by Shovelhandle on . Shov Winter 2013-2014 Sativa Grow I've been gathering the stuff to start a new indoor grow. It's going to be all sativa and either MR. Nice Seeds or my hybrid from Mr. Nice Seeds. I have my Z11 x Neville's Haze, Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze. The Z-11 is a hybrid I've worked from bubblegum and afghani strains. I plan on a very short veg for these, maybe two weeks to get to good form and then right to 12/12. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I will again be growing in organic soil with organic nutrients.
    The basic recipe is approximately 40% composted used soil, 40% sphagnum peat moss and 15% additional perlite. The additional 5% is base nutrients and amendments including Espoma Plant-Tone (5-3-3), Maxicrop soluble seaweed powder (1-0-4), Excelerite 'remineralizer and micro-organism multiplier' (0-0-1.16), Plant Success mycorrhizae.
    The plants will be started in RED SOLO party cups and transplanted into 3 gallon and 5 gallon grow bags.
    There are six Z11 x NH seedlings just started. This morning I took the MH and SSH seeds (8 each) and planted each in party cups. I prepared 16 cups, all 16 beans sprouted since putting them in damp paper towel on Monday night.

The pots are under a (4) lamp T5HO54 Grow spectrum lamps for now. The room temperature is 75ºF.

Organic's the only way man! My taste buds tell me this makes sweeter smoke. I can taste chems no matter how much you flush. I'm interested in hearing more about your lights. I haven't changed anything in maybe 30 yrs. NL, kush, skunk & big bud. My lights, hps with fluorescent side light, adding led's to that mix. My soil, composted leaf mold (sterilized @ 180º to kill soil borne pathogens), spaghnum, perlite, pinch bone meal, blood meal, green sand, & a couple healthy hand fulls earth worm castings. Use fish emulsion & Bills Perfect Fertilizer, bloom formula, foliar feed with same. Soil mix is rich (but non burning), so I don't feed constantly. My grow (flowers & veggies too) is phenomenal (BS in hort from the 70's). Having the hort degree makes me feel like I should have the good sense to modernize. I'm sticking to my soil blend & strains, but I'm thinking about upgrading my lights. How's the heat output of your lights compared to hps? Heats now my main concern since I have a smaller grow space than I'm used to. Everything's perfect, but I would like to get the same light output with less heat & therefore less need of cooling (keeping down the ole' electric bill). So what do you think?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wasn't trying to jack your thread, just trying to get your attention to ask you about your lights & get your opinion. So I started my own, camper closet grow. Since our techniques are close, I figured you advise on new light would better fit my style.~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~

Yut, I see the similarities in our grow thinking.

I've got all the plants up and going. The T5 is now off for now and I'm running a 400 watt 10K MH with a large box fan for ventilation. Max temp at the plants is 75ºF. I felt I needed to HID to cover the space.
    The first risers are now in bags. These are the (6) Z11 x Neville's Haze hybrids. I topped them at the third node and they are growing back.
    Attachment 295199

In the cups I have (12) Mango Haze, (2) SSH and (6) Z-11 sativa x Neville's Haze.
    Attachment 295200

In the buckets I have a bunch of seeds sprouting, these are Z11 sat x NH. If I have any runts or ? these will be the second stringers.
    Attachment 295201

I have fourteen more 3 gallon bags of soil ready for transplants. I'll have to fill six more if I want to use all the plants now in cups. That will total 26 plants.

Looks like a solid start up.

What size grow area do all these babes fit into for you? Also, are they fem seeds or no?

The grow area is anywhere from 2' x 4' to 5' x 5' and I use up to 1000+ watts. No feminized seed. I'm thinking if I finish with at least nine that's about right. Usually, I end up with more plants than I need rather than too few.

Tell me more about your 2X4' area. What wattage lights here & about your cooling. My camper grow closet is about 2 1/2'X8'. Since I'm using 4' fluorscents, using 1/2 to put my veg fish tank in. Can't throw a lot of wattage in there because I'm running extention cords. Had an electrical fire last fall during hurricane because of over loaded cords, made me paranoid. Fear of another fire is seriously limiting my possibilities, but I can visualize your space & dream untill my outdoor grow next year. (Sm perpetual harvests are better than nothing). BTW, Este still MIA....worried.~~~PEACE~~~

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast